Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
wish i had a gf to hold me back when i say im gonna fight a really tall guy at a bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

wish i had a gf to hold me back when i say im gonna fight a really tall guy at a bar

"No dis, dont fight slenderman" - dis' gf voice

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i punched a tall guy once n then just stared into his eyes like a dear in headlights as he walkedu p to me and did one of those judo moves where it feels like your feet go over your head n walked away and i got up and made no attempt to follow him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if dis punched me, i would simply die, to make them feel good about their strength

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

The Colonel posted:

if dis punched me, i would simply die, to make them feel good about their strength

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't lie to Dis. I would encourage them to discover the absolute power that only the banzai drop can provide. :colbert:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if dis punched me i would hire a hacker to destroy all the doom WADs on earth

Also i continue to like this
https://mangadex.org/title/43636/can-t-defy-the-lonely-girl

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If dis punched me, I would die instantly and drop all of my ShikiAsu content as a reward.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I appreciate LGBT anime fans cause I don’t know many and I want to splurge all about the anime I love. I normally tend to prefer Slice of Life and comedies like Kaguya, Lucky Star, Haruhi and Bakarina when normal Shonen anime is mainstream so I have no one to talk to about it :smith:.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nerd

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
wish I had a gf

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:hmmyes:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

New chapter of Vampeerz

https://mangadex.org/chapter/865994

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new fusoroi no renri

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

SunAndSpring posted:

I am in a media hell where every media (not just anime/manga) dealing with trans women is either:
1. Something made in the 70s-90s that has straight trans women but is dated at best and actively transphobic at worst
2. Something made in the 21st century that is not transphobic, but is about wlw and therefore I don't relate to it a bit.

This genuinely upsets me, I got absolutely nothing I can relate to in broader media. I can read straight romance stuff with cis people I guess but there's always that nagging feeling at the back of my head that this doesn't line up well with my own experiences.

Sense8?

It's directed by the Wachowski sisters, who are trans. One of the main characters, Nomi Marks, is trans, and is played by Jamie Clayton. Her character has a cis(?) girlfriend, so I don't know if it'll tick your no-wlw box, but the nature of the story is that it's a giant pansexual lovefest.

Sorry not anime but seemed like it might fit what you're looking for?

E: character name wrong. gently caress.

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 23, 2020

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

jimmydalad posted:

I appreciate LGBT anime fans cause I don’t know many and I want to splurge all about the anime I love. I normally tend to prefer Slice of Life and comedies like Kaguya, Lucky Star, Haruhi and Bakarina when normal Shonen anime is mainstream so I have no one to talk to about it :smith:.

Sup,

I think Lucky Star and Haruhi got me into anime too if you don't count watching German dubbed 80s/90s SF ova's and French co-productions. I remember reading the omake to a Lucky Star volume where the author talks about going to a convention and getting marriage proposals from male fans. He seemed confused that a series that heavily baited a same sex relationship would have a queer following. I think my frustration with how that relationship simply refused to develop also led me to look up fan fiction and DJ's.

I've been adding most of the recs to my backlog, I'm currently re-reading Ooku: The Inner Chamber, about life in the Tokugawa Shogunate's harem in an alternate universe where a plague wiped out most of the men in Japan so women came to dominate society and treat men mostly how women were/are treated in this world. Its incredibly detailed historically and in artwork, and it gets into gender politics and features male homosexual relationships both toxic and romantic.

I'm also reading the manga Lady Snowblood, its a revenge manga set during the Meiji restoration, it was created in the 70s and inspired two pinky violence exploitation films so its depictions of sex and violence are iffy though oddly informative and should come with several CWs the plot revolves around a gang rape to start with, but it is a dark action story about societies seedy underbelly that also shows wlw scenes and commentary on gender politics to go with the commentary on corruption, nationalism and authority.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
pink film i s bafdass

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
they aren't pinku i dont think but two violent unpleasant gay movies i really liked were Gonin and Shinjuku Triad Society

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The next time I think about reading the comments on any lgbt+ related manga I want one of you to slap some sense into me.

JFC what a shithole.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Apologies for the double post

From the twitter of the author of that "I made my friend cute" manga

https://twitter.com/azusa_banjo/status/1253271180246581254

I challenge anyone to tell me this isn't a trans girl. She's not even with her boyfriend in those first three panels and yet look how happy she is with something simple like a cute hairstyle.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Baka-nin posted:

I think Lucky Star and Haruhi got me into anime too if you don't count watching German dubbed 80s/90s SF ova's and French co-productions. I remember reading the omake to a Lucky Star volume where the author talks about going to a convention and getting marriage proposals from male fans. He seemed confused that a series that heavily baited a same sex relationship would have a queer following. I think my frustration with how that relationship simply refused to develop also led me to look up fan fiction and DJ's.

I read so much Konata/Kagami fanfiction like, 12 years ago.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mikl posted:

I challenge anyone to tell me this isn't a trans girl. She's not even with her boyfriend in those first three panels and yet look how happy she is with something simple like a cute hairstyle.

That's extremely cute, but my point was that personally I don't like to assume how someone identifies because of things like how they dress.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just want them to fuckin start dating already.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Seems to me they already are if unofficially!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

This is not a straight thing to say.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes you need a bad translation to get to the heart of the matter

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mikl posted:

:allears: so cute

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any decent-to-good Sorceress/Witch/Wizard/Warlock/General Magus(Magi? Is that the proper plural form of magus?) LGBT manga?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://mangadex.org/title/26052/mage-demon-queen

the one that immediately comes to mind

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

unrelatedly was asobi asobase something that had good lgbt stuff in it or am i thinking of something else

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you're prob thinking of joshikousei no mudazukai

not a big thing but it had a lesbian char

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh i see. on the list it goes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Wark Say posted:

Are there any decent-to-good Sorceress/Witch/Wizard/Warlock/General Magus(Magi? Is that the proper plural form of magus?) LGBT manga?

Witch Appertience and demon king horns

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Now with a link https://mangadex.org/title/20231/majo-no-geboku-to-maou-no-tsuno

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I really like this one. It’s surprisingly up front

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

someone who knows about astronomy please explain what the sex joke is here

e; o wait i completely missed the visual gag where hes a swan, apologies everyone

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 29, 2020

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
The little comics at the end of chapters are disgustingly wholesome

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gently caress im out of chapters again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013