Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Thanks for this. Really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest"

Crying death is the hero we need.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thanks for this. Really.
Yeah, posting that in direct response to a comic about a credible accusation of rape against the Democratic nominee really illustrates the gross places "vote blue no matter who" can force you into.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

there wolf posted:

You know I've never thought about it, but were Aboriginal Australians impacted by new illnesses to the extent Indigenous Americans were?
Pretty much, there was a smallpox plague the year after Sydney was founded that possibly killed around half the indigenous population on the east coast. It's an area I should learn more about myself, Australian history when I was taught it tended to focus far more on Captain Cook than those who were already here.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Feinne posted:

Crying death is the hero we need.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What would be the opposite of "Yes...ha ha ha...YES!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fojar38 posted:

Personally I think that Bors has a tendency to overuse the "dumb and so goddamn crazy" strawman and I would like to see him make his points without using it so much.

People are saying all those things about Tara Reade though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would be the opposite of "Yes...ha ha ha...YES!

No...boo hoo hoo...NO!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Wanna tell that reaper it's all going to be all right, Trump's got his back.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

:911:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

there wolf posted:

You know I've never thought about it, but were Aboriginal Australians impacted by new illnesses to the extent Indigenous Americans were?

Yes.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'll be seeing Melty Pence in my nightmares.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The tinsley replacement is capable of meaningful social commentary whoa

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I bet he loving regrets sticking Carmen inside.

On the other hand it'd be so much easier to get away with the copy-paste if she was wearing a mask.

This is some shoddy loving garbage either way.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To me this is just an argument that Trump communicates in abstract ways that everyone will interpret differently, which is surely a bad thing for leaders.

But then, I know by now that everything that I care about about leadership is completely the opposite for Republicans.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This motherfucker almost certainly makes substantially more money than I do. For this.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Joe Biden’s Campaign Strategy

Ted Rall posted:

Joe Biden has clear signs of dementia. But his handlers can’t let us see that. How will they get him to Election Day?

Tags: Alzheimer’s, arts, avant garde, debates, Dementia, Democrats, Science, spin, subaru, words

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fojar38 posted:

Personally I think that Bors has a tendency to overuse the "dumb and so goddamn crazy" strawman and I would like to see him make his points without using it so much.

I get that, but I think the strawman is often an accurate representation of a group's behavior. I've definitely seen my fair share of people suggesting that any criticism of the democratic party is a straight up Trump endorsement.

The pedant in the well actually isn't supposed to be in the right.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The pedant in the well actually isn't supposed to be in the right.

what

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Gaybie nomination: worst gaslighter cartoon.

Again: it happened. There's literally footage of Trump saying that. Jesus loving christ. I know that "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command" but this is loving ridiculous.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A lot of people get on Biden about dementia, and I know he says weird stuff and just kinda rambles but does he really have dementia?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A lot of people get on Biden about dementia, and I know he says weird stuff and just kinda rambles but does he really have dementia?

Not a diagnosis, no. The main source of this rumour is that when he was put through a battery of medical tests to declare him fit for office, a cognitive test was specifically and explicitly not performed.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Maybe it's just because it was posted next to the actual Bors Biden cartoon, but it reads to me as though the well actually pedant represents anyone who takes issue with Biden being the democratic nominee.

You should absolutely vote for Biden because he clears the lowest possible bar, but you should not be stoked about it or pretend that it's a great win for democracy.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You should absolutely vote for Biden because he clears the lowest possible bar, but you should not be stoked about it or pretend that it's a great win for democracy.

Truth. Don't vote for Biden - vote against the GOP.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Counterpoint:
LET IT ALL BURN
:dehumanize:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve never knowingly voted for a rapist before

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

By popular demand posted:

Counterpoint:
LET IT ALL BURN
:dehumanize:

People who say this have no loving idea what it entails.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You should absolutely vote for the rapist because I've already surrendered to, and if you actually hold out on any valid grounds than I'm stuck questioning if I'm actually right and this is your fault, now fall in loving line.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

And I'm not going to!

E: Biden and his backers can go find their votes among the reasonable Republicans he was picked as Obama's VP to attract. I'm not going to vote for a rapist to have power over anyone.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

lol okay so what is the "astract way" of thinking about "you should inject disinfectant"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

If you call lead and alcohol poisoning, starvation, mass concentration camps and white people treating them like animals a disease maybe. The truth is that no one really knows but there was a gently caress load more who died in massacres and at the end of a bottle than official history suggests - and there's certainly places where the stories of the Native Australians dying out were fabrications to hide mass killings that are only really being admitted to now. For example I know of one river memorial that marks where 36 died - originally they were found rotting and whose gonna look for evidence of natives being shot? So they got marked down as disease by the govt. Turns out the truth was squatters there rounded them up and just opened fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_frontier_wars (And yes while there is a mention to a toll due to disease, there's indications to it but not as much as they were starved due to loss of hunting grounds, loss of adult gatherers leading to starvation events or just plain being shot in far higher numbers than up to now assumed)

Of course I'm not saying plenty did'nt die of disease. Of course they did. But most of them died due to settler malice or results thereof.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Jay Rust posted:

Too young to vote in 1992 or 1996, or third party voter?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

The Modern Leper posted:

Too young to vote in 1992 or 1996, or third party voter?

I think it's fair to say that the overwhelming majority of democratic voters in 1992 and 1996 did not know about the rape accusations against Clinton.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NRVNQSR posted:

I think it's fair to say that the overwhelming majority of democratic voters in 1992 and 1996 did not know about the rape accusations against Clinton.

It's not fair to say that. My mom specifically sat out 1992 because of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's not fair to say that. My mom specifically sat out 1992 because of it.

You couldn't just google "bill clinton rape" back then just saying.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

DO YOU TRUST THE SERPENT?
Dr. Anthony Fauci has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. He’s been the ‘official’ spokesman for the coronavirus. He’s also in the back pocket of Bill Gates. He recently praised Brad Pitt’s performance of him on Saturday Night Live as ‘classy.’ Pitt mocked President Trump for his handling of the virus. Trump once called Pitt “A little wise guy.”

Trump needs to dump Fauci and Deborah Birx, too. Both are in the pocket of Bill Gates. Fauci saw to it that millions in taxpayer money was sent to the Wuhan lab that cooked up the coronavirus.

Fauci and Gates want worldwide vaccination with the ‘mark of the beast,’ tagging technology. They both want medical tyranny. They don’t want you to have any choice about what goes into your body.

Gates, who has neither a college degree nor medical training, once said a vaccine would be the ‘final solution.’ Where have we heard that phrase before?

Gates is an arch eugenicist. Fauci is one of his demons—and since he’s in the medical field, let’s make him a blue one.

—Ben Garrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon: How do you decide who are the first people you visit after lockdown? An important test of character and priorities!