Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Bum the Sad, when he *wordlessly points at Bum the Sad*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elephant Ambush posted:

So is he dead or a scam artist? I would prefer dead.

Jesus Christ dude.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

dee eight posted:

yeah, i googled around but i kinda want to see the SA posts by the goon himself

i think axe cop guy turned out to be a trump supporter

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

DoctorWhat posted:

i think axe cop guy turned out to be a trump supporter

:smith:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

dee eight posted:

yeah, i googled around but i kinda want to see the SA posts by the goon himself

I don't believe Axe Cop was posted originally on SA. The origin of Axe Cop was a professional cartoonist guy was talking to his six year old brother at one point when his brother was playing pretend about being an axe cop.

Maybe you're thinking of Dr. McNinja?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't believe Axe Cop was posted originally on SA. The origin of Axe Cop was a professional cartoonist guy was talking to his six year old brother at one point when his brother was playing pretend about being an axe cop.

Maybe you're thinking of Dr. McNinja?

I'm p sure, though memory may fail. and Dr McNinja?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jesus Christ dude.

Shut the gently caress up liberal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i thought it was weapon brown guy turning out to be a transphobic comicsgate person?

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

The Saddest Rhino posted:

weapon brown guy

Is this a new racist term

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Piss Meridian posted:

Is this a new racist term

Nah, Weapon Brown was some dude's incredibly tryhard webcomic about muscular cyborg Charlie Brown in a grimdark future, or something? Mostly notable because he self-promoted constantly in the comics form, iirc, and then posted a bizarro transphobic rant in D&D and melted down about the response at length.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, he was unfortunately permanently brainpoisoned during his 'feud' with Scott Adams and was increasingly unable to shut up about politics in general and also keep a lid on his lovely views which weren't that far off from Adams himself anyway.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

dee eight posted:

I'm p sure, though memory may fail. and Dr McNinja?

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja by Christopher Hastings. He started out drawing the character for a contest on the forums and it spun out into a professional comic career.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i thought it was weapon brown guy turning out to be a transphobic comicsgate person?

He's not a comicgater, he's set himself up in opposition to them, but he's one of those edgy underground cartoonist types and super full of himself. You can get a good idea of what his deal is by reading the thread where someone asked to have the forum ban from BSS lifted and then he made such a tremendous rear end of himself that he ended up getting permabanned 100,000-hour probed:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905950

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 28, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghostlight posted:

his 'feud' with Scott Adams

The most meaningful relevance any one of us can hope for as a human being

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nuns with Guns posted:

You can get a good idea of what his deal is by reading the thread where someone asked to have the forum ban from BSS lifted and then he made such a tremendous rear end of himself that he ended up getting permabanned 100,000-hour probed:

Btw that's the thread that kicked off the Forums Foreverdrama of Winter 2019, that started with transphobes getting monthers, ended with PPJ revealing himself as an undercover agent in Nazi Discord and eventually got FYAD canned.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Nuns with Guns posted:

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja by Christopher Hastings. He started out drawing the character for a contest on the forums and it spun out into a professional comic career.

He's not a comicgater, he's set himself up in opposition to them, but he's one of those edgy underground cartoonist types and super full of himself. You can get a good idea of what his deal is by reading the thread where someone asked to have the forum ban from BSS lifted and then he made such a tremendous rear end of himself that he ended up getting permabanned 100,000-hour probed:

This was the Archduke Ferdinand of the forums’ wild three month ride, was it not?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FilthyImp posted:

Btw that's the thread that kicked off the Forums Foreverdrama of Winter 2019, that started with transphobes getting monthers, ended with PPJ revealing himself as an undercover agent in Nazi Discord and eventually got FYAD canned.
It was such a good thread from beginning to end.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember PPJ bringing the forums together by making CSPAM laugh too hard to be mad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remember bird having to hand off moderating this thread because literally this poo poo kept happening

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pick posted:

I remember bird having to hand off moderating this thread because literally this poo poo kept happening

I remember the endless hand wringing and the "real threats were being made" to justify PPJ basically walking up to a bunch of Nazis and telling them who he was and asking how could he earn their trust.

This pretty much covers the backlash
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 28, 2020

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I am absolutely never reading up on any of that QCS stuff despite enjoying FYAD for years, and that apparently leading to it being closed? I thought it was because of AGP memes.

As far as I know, the Nazi off-site that spawned has unsurprisingly regressed completely, and having been left to their own devices, it is now wholly dedicated to exchanging fruits and turnips in Nintendo's Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
genuinely no one has figured out what the gently caress happened and everyone's got their read, probably because it's a dumbass internet forum and in the end, it will always be stupid

I would actually find a completely no-frills dump of links to relevant posts/logs/whatever useful but it's not happening, because gently caress trying to compile that poo poo or even figure out what's relevant

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Hard to disagree with that. I think everyone needs a posting-contingency for when this website blows up for some reason or other. Due to being a troll, what I am going to do is write Google Earth reviews of local restaurants, where I make out fancy ones to be family-friendly.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ghostlight posted:

It was such a good thread from beginning to end.

His super-white-rear end posted an uncensored hard-r n-word in order to prove how unbigoted he was. It was truly an all-time meltdown.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sometimes, we're given a reminder that this truly is a comedy website.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The comedy was inside us all along. It was nurtured by the shitposts we made along the way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

His super-white-rear end posted an uncensored hard-r n-word in order to prove how unbigoted he was. It was truly an all-time meltdown.

did he? I truly do not remember that

Grandmother of Five posted:

Hard to disagree with that. I think everyone needs a posting-contingency for when this website blows up for some reason or other. Due to being a troll, what I am going to do is write Google Earth reviews of local restaurants, where I make out fancy ones to be family-friendly.

lmao

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my favourite forums shenanigans was av's pictures of baby birds
i like baby birds

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nuns with Guns posted:

You know, there are times when reading these forums when the voices start to run together and I find myself wishing that people would post with language that uses a little more flourish, with some distinct personality to the writing, then I read the way this guy writes and I want to shove him into a locker.

That's all quite apart from the actual content of what he's saying, which makes me want to lock the door and leave

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Thank you so very much for this amazing thread.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And this is a comedy website that trades in rough chuckles.

Sometimes that means looking into the abyss, having the abyss stare back, and then jump in shouting "Abyss gay, so what?"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
William Freund with hevishot.

Sorry, looks like I'm a bit late for that :uhaul:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this avatar is so god drat condescending i kinda like this little clipart sun

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

And this is a comedy website that trades in rough chuckles.

Sometimes that means looking into the abyss, having the abyss stare back, and then jump in shouting "Abyss gay, so what?"

There's a bunch of new arrivals at the gay abyss these days, scared and timid, and we're the old hands all standing on the ledge flicking stubbed-out cigarillos into the yawning fabulous void, limbering up for the next jump and spitting hoping it doesn't come out bloody. Some of us moved up and out but you find someone who knows how to tell a joke on the net they learned it right here, at the queer chasm.

Reddit maintains some vestige of the old ways of golden manbabies and tipped fedoras, but those were old ways and we craftsfolk moved on. Twitter claims all owns, but we share a table with them from time to time. The Tube continues its undiluted flood, some of us moved there, few came back, but they'll always be welcome as long as they can look out into that winking deep and intone the Old Words.

"No ring."

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Somfin posted:

There's a bunch of new arrivals at the gay abyss these days, scared and timid, and we're the old hands all standing on the ledge flicking stubbed-out cigarillos into the yawning fabulous void, limbering up for the next jump and spitting hoping it doesn't come out bloody. Some of us moved up and out but you find someone who knows how to tell a joke on the net they learned it right here, at the queer chasm.

Reddit maintains some vestige of the old ways of golden manbabies and tipped fedoras, but those were old ways and we craftsfolk moved on. Twitter claims all owns, but we share a table with them from time to time. The Tube continues its undiluted flood, some of us moved there, few came back, but they'll always be welcome as long as they can look out into that winking deep and intone the Old Words.

"No ring."

Kirk Johnson isn't married anymore iirc

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

weed cat posted:

Kirk Johnson isn't married anymore iirc

No ring :cry:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The ring is now hidden in a deep, dark hole, somewhere

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So I know about Zak S and get Trad Games' new subtitle but was there anything in a specific thread that spurred making that the subtitle now, or did an admin just decide to?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

So I know about Zak S and get Trad Games' new subtitle but was there anything in a specific thread that spurred making that the subtitle now, or did an admin just decide to?

Zak won a lawsuit against Ettin and forced him to post a public apology in a bunch of places including here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919633&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I also suspect it was a requirement for Ettin to step down as trad games mod, since that happened literally the day prior.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Arivia posted:

Zak won a lawsuit against Ettin and forced him to post a public apology in a bunch of places including here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919633&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I also suspect it was a requirement for Ettin to step down as trad games mod, since that happened literally the day prior.

loving hell I somehow missed all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

It's worth emphasising that the lawsuit win was 100% a consequence of Australia and Canada having awful libel laws, which Zak S (who loves abusing women almost as much as he loves making GBS threads his pants at Chick-fil-A) is using to try and intimidate people who would otherwise speak out against him.