Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Achmed Jones posted:

I just wanna let you all know how much I fuckin' hate Tom Paris.

A lot. I hate him a lot.

Yeah, but he's on the same ship as Harry Kim, Chuck O'Tay, and of course loving Neelix, so most people have exhausted their hate reserves by the time they get to Paris. Once in a while, though, he'll get a featured episode and I can get some seething buildup for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Timby posted:

Clonus (I think the full title is Parts: The Clonus Horror) is a no-budget sci-fi movie from the late '70s. It was pretty awful, and gained notoriety when it was on MST3K. Orci and Kurtzman lifted a lot of it loving wholesale for The Island, which they wrote for Michael Bay (it was a pretty forgettable movie starring, I think, Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson). The people who produced Clonus sued the poo poo out of Dreamworks, who finally settled out of court for what was reported to be a very handsome sum.

Alex Kurtzman ripped off a movie that was used for MST3K?

*looks up The Island on wik-e-pedia*

and it bombed??

and he's still getting work????

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Alex Kurtzman ripped off a movie that was used for MST3K?

*looks up The Island on wik-e-pedia*

and it bombed??

and he's still getting work????

Are you aware of the Klingon proverb that tells us that one rises to the level of their incompetence?

And one can rise very high in spaaaaaaaaaaaace

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's very fitting that a man who has never had a single original idea in his life would be the biggest influence on modern trek.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Data asking Dr. Crusher to teach him how to dance and they start skanking to the Bosstones.

"Never had to recalibrate positronic inputs, but i know some one who has. It makes me wonder if I could.
Never had to recalibrate positronic inputs. I am glad I have not yet. I am sure it is not good. That is the diagnosis that I have run."

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

Are you aware of the Klingon proverb that tells us that one rises to the level of their incompetence?

The petaQ principle, yes!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ChiralCondensate posted:

The petaQ principle, yes!

:gowron:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm remembering now how intolerable Neelix is in season one. he's just this ugly, jealous rear end in a top hat who constantly needles Kes about everything to the extent that they basically have an abusive controlling relationship. he constantly lies and even his "nice gestures" are selfish nonsense, like when he makes everyone a "taste of home" but changes the recipes because he thinks they're bland

what the gently caress were the writers thinking with the "misogynistic lying freak dates a three year old girl and is jealous about anyone who interacts with her" as a major character, it's just so unnecessary

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Frog Act posted:

I'm remembering now how intolerable Neelix is in season one. he's just this ugly, jealous rear end in a top hat who constantly needles Kes about everything to the extent that they basically have an abusive controlling relationship. he constantly lies and even his "nice gestures" are selfish nonsense, like when he makes everyone a "taste of home" but changes the recipes because he thinks they're bland

what the gently caress were the writers thinking with the "misogynistic lying freak dates a three year old girl and is jealous about anyone who interacts with her" as a major character, it's just so unnecessary

it would kind of make sense and be less weird if he was around as young as kes was supposed to be, so they were the adolescent element of the show who are going through growing pains and figuring out emotions and what being an adult is.

but ethan philipps was old as gently caress, so what the hell were they thinking

he was a balding 40 year old playing a middle aged man, dating a 21 year old playing a 3 year old

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah I honestly think everything about Neelix, from his characterization, to casting, to writing, to makeup is as bad a decision as "a matter of honor". he's an aggressive grooming pedophile grifter. like, Paris might be a boring dick, Kim is clearly brain damaged, Chakotay never had a brain to damage, Tuvok is rigid jagoff, basically the only coherent character is Janeway (who owns the whole length of the show), but Neelix is just on another level of :yikes:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lon suder is a hero of the federation

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
And don’t forget Neelix lies about serving at war, then it turns out he ran away. He coaxes a few nice moments out of other members of the crew, like Tuvok talking about his family in that horrible “kes is teen pregnant!!” episode, which imo is better than what Tom Paris does. I wish they’d kept Seska on the crew to provide some real conflict/growth.

vv absolute truth

Prism Mirror Lens fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 29, 2020

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

GolfHole posted:

lon suder is a hero of the federation

and the best character on that entire drat show

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

holy poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

:eyepop: lmfao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m a Keiko defender but lmao

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

better star trek content than picard

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pick posted:

fun fact: the woman who played quark's Cardassian lady (Natima Lang) was Mary Crosby--daughter of Bing Crosby.

There was no way the Obsidian Order was going to beat the info out of her.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blistex posted:

There was no way the Obsidian Order was going to beat the info out of her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:drat:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

better star trek content than picard

this is actually true

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Frog Act posted:

Ok, but I was drunk when I re-watched the episode where some aliens stole his lungs and it was so dumb that I ugly laugh-cried for the entire episode. That pure moment of joy almost, almost excuses Neelix.

He should've died then, but goddamn that moment was hilarious.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Computer, create a pair of holographic lungs that can save Neelix"

*computer makes calculating sounds that you swear are the computing equivalent of 'ugghhh, do I have to?'*

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You forgot to specify what kind of lungs

*Computer makes a pair of clown lungs*

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I still laugh at "I have no idea how his lungs work, but I can get the computer to give him holographic lungs."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The General posted:

I still laugh at "I have no idea how his lungs work, but I can get the computer to give him holographic lungs."

Voyager's writing was hilariously bad...

I mean, they greenlit THAT

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

You just have to say "make some dogshit clown lungs so this awful creature can continue suffering" and the computer figures it out, like when it created Moriarty.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh my god, Bar Association has an incredible scene where Worf complains to Odo about security breaches on the station, and Odo just rips him a new one by bringing up all the times the Enterprise got humiliated. Hijacked by Ferengi privateers has to be a black mark on anybody's record.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, here are some dumb gifs I found while looking up that one:

That last one is Jean-Luc covering up a boner

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the primary purpose of the tng uniforms is so that no one can cover up a boner

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bogus Adventure posted:

Voyager's writing was hilariously bad...

I mean, they greenlit THAT

If you are going to have the loving Rock on your program, presumably by network mandate, you write in his finishing move

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

dudeness posted:

You forgot to specify what kind of lungs

*Computer makes a pair of clown lungs*

<Neelix runs down corridor>

"Honk Honk!"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh my god, Bar Association has an incredible scene where Worf complains to Odo about security breaches on the station, and Odo just rips him a new one by bringing up all the times the Enterprise got humiliated. Hijacked by Ferengi privateers has to be a black mark on anybody's record.

I want an edit of that scene where Odo just plays the "Worf gets OWNED again and again" video and Worf like warps the Defiant into a sun

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you are going to have the loving Rock on your program, presumably by network mandate, you write in his finishing move

I understand including The Rock Bottom, but that entire episode looks like a side tangent belonging to Space Mutiny.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

I understand including The Rock Bottom, but that entire episode looks like a side tangent belonging to Space Mutiny.

But it also has Combs and Hertzler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

someone please post bashir_go_away.gif