Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

DominoKitten posted:

New CostCo COVID19 Policies Starting May 4th

Notably:

• You gotta wear a mask, unless you can't or are under 2!
  • But they're returning to regular operating hours.

The chud types are losing their minds over this and vowing to leave the church. Finally, there won’t be a wait for rotisserie chickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pump Jockey posted:

The chud types are losing their minds over this and vowing to leave the church. Finally, there won’t be a wait for rotisserie chickens.

Good, let the apostates dig their own graves.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pump Jockey posted:

Amen, PBUC.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I work in the grocery industry in Canada. At least here there will be ground beef shortages, limited red meat shortages, but still shitloads of chicken. nobody up here eats pork.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They're already euthanizing millions of chickens here.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Went to church last night: the meat section was decimated, BUT there was a palatte of Kirkland TP.

So win some ya lose some. I can do without meat more than I can do without TP (girlfriend refuses to bidet it up).

Absolute shitload of Charmin TP tho. F dat.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I went last Friday and nearly everyone was already wearing a mask anyway.

Also got a container of smoked sockeye salmon spread and some baguettes, that is ridiculously delicious.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

jeeves posted:

Went to church last night: the meat section was decimated, BUT there was a palatte of Kirkland TP.

So win some ya lose some. I can do without meat more than I can do without TP (girlfriend refuses to bidet it up).

Is there regional Kirkland TP or something? Stuff I can get here is much worse than the Charmin.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Went yesterday for the first time in about six weeks right at opening. No ground beef or chicken. :(

Did get some chipotle Bitchin Sauce though. Missed you babe

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

jeeves posted:

The Charmin is good though? Unless prices have changed, i swapped from Kirkland brand to Charmin a few years back because the price difference was pretty small and it’s nicer

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Is there regional Kirkland TP or something? Stuff I can get here is much worse than the Charmin.

They have regional suppliers, yes. My region's KS TP is similar to Amazon's Solimo brand and is very thin.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I've heard different reports from different goons regarding the type of rear end paper their local Kirkland brand is. Mine is great and I've only bought that for like 3 years.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My local costco was unusually busy for 10am on a wednesday. Fresh beef/pork/chicken were limited to 3-per-member and the only fresh poultry they had was ground chicken/turkey. Bought a 20lb ribeye roast to cut into steaks, a 3 pack of st louis ribs and a pack of ground beef. Luckily the limit doesn't apply to frozen or ready-to-eat items so I loaded up on the vacpacs of hand-pulled rotisserie chicken, pulled pork, smoked brisket and whatnot that all freeze well. Ended up spending over $600 but I got my panic shopping done at least.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ive been vegetarian since this all started minus a frozen pack of costco hamburgers and costco hotdogs. I don't really understand the panic shopping for meat? Then again I didn't understand the panic shopping for TP either so you guys do you.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The circulars for 5 or 6 different grocery stores came yesterday, and each one of them has more than one cut of meat on sale. There would not be sales if there was a shortage. I hate all these morans.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

schreibs posted:

Ive been vegetarian since this all started minus a frozen pack of costco hamburgers and costco hotdogs. I don't really understand the panic shopping for meat? Then again I didn't understand the panic shopping for TP either so you guys do you.

People are very very dumb, and very very greedy. They also can't accept any sort of change in their life.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

TBH it was less panic shopping and more "I just cleaned my freezer and poo poo's empty"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah my friend just did that over the course of the past few weeks. But that's because he just bought a chest freezer. From Costco of course.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Definitely no fresh chicken yesterday. Wife said that while the store was more set up for distancing with plexiglass and markings, people (including staff) certainly gave less of a gently caress than a few weeks ago by all accounts.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Meat shortage eh? Guess who just dug out and dusted off the unopened Noel Serrano ham? This guy.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Republicans posted:

My local costco was unusually busy for 10am on a wednesday. Fresh beef/pork/chicken were limited to 3-per-member and the only fresh poultry they had was ground chicken/turkey. Bought a 20lb ribeye roast to cut into steaks, a 3 pack of st louis ribs and a pack of ground beef. Luckily the limit doesn't apply to frozen or ready-to-eat items so I loaded up on the vacpacs of hand-pulled rotisserie chicken, pulled pork, smoked brisket and whatnot that all freeze well. Ended up spending over $600 but I got my panic shopping done at least.

Good job being part of the problem.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

n8r posted:

It's a hell of a username/post combo, gotta give it to them.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

n8r posted:

hes a goon he will eat it all no prbolem

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

jeeves posted:

Yeah, I was finally able to get into my church by going at 5pm on Sunday. There was still a line to get in, but I only had to wait 10 minutes or so.

For some reason they had a literal mountain of TP, both Charmin (good) and Kirkland (bad), but absolutely no paper towels. Also no disinfectant wipes, which seem to be the hardest thing to find anywhere right now.

AND the meat section was decimated. All the coolers in the meat section were empty of meat and filled with produce, except for the coolers along the wall in front of the butcher area. They had a small amount of beef left but absolutely no pork or chicken (except for the rotisseries).

Also there was an old lady Costco employee walking around with a bullhorn constantly repeating "PLEASE OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING. REMAIN 6 FEET AWAY FROM OTHERS. PLEASE OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING. REMAIN SIX FEET AWAY FROM OTHERS." and it was dystopian as gently caress

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Clavavisage posted:

Meat shortage eh? Guess who just dug out and dusted off the unopened Noel Serrano ham? This guy.

I will never forget the time in my life when I had that ham on my counter. On my deathbed, my last thoughts will be of those days

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Someone was bogarting an area at the Co, so after a NY minute I went over to the area to get the item I knew I wanted. I get the same item every week so I didn't see the harm. Apparently my proximity was too great and he was like WHOA and waved me back with his hands. :shrug:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I've heard different reports from different goons regarding the type of rear end paper their local Kirkland brand is. Mine is great and I've only bought that for like 3 years.

Yeah, it varies by region. I haven't tried it in years because it was so bad, but last time I got it in Seattle it was basically single ply gas station quality.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just hit three non Costco grocery stores. Got porterhouse steak on sale, t-bone steak on sale, flap steak on sale, bone in chicken breast on sale, picnic pork shoulder on sale. No shortage of anything. It's just the people who go to Costco.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

FogHelmut posted:

Just hit three non Costco grocery stores. Got porterhouse steak on sale, t-bone steak on sale, flap steak on sale, bone in chicken breast on sale, picnic pork shoulder on sale. No shortage of anything. It's just the people who go to Costco.

Yeah, I've had a similar experience. I haven't been able to get boneless skinless chicken thighs at Costco for six weeks now. But usually there are some at the other grocery stores I go to. I think the Costco shopper is more likely than the average grocery store shopper to panic buy and hoard food.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

silence_kit posted:

Yeah, I've had a similar experience. I haven't been able to get boneless skinless chicken thighs at Costco for six weeks now. But usually there are some at the other grocery stores I go to. I think the Costco shopper is more likely than the average grocery store shopper to panic buy and hoard food.

That tracks with the demographics of Costco shoppers. They tend to be hjgher and have the cash flow to buy in bulk.

It's expensive to be poor.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hesitate to buy so much meat bc hurricane season is gonna pwn a lot of these people, chest freezer only keeps it cold for so long

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I think it’s regional. All my local groceries are picked over as far as meat and flour go. Haven’t been to Costco in a bit but the other places are hosed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Put in an isntacart costco order for like 2 bills worth of stuff tomorrow, gonna see how it goes!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

binge crotching posted:

My partner made 8.5 pounds of carnitas after a Costco run, and now I'm sitting here looking at this giant pile of meat and wondering what to do with it. Mixed with some scrambled eggs for breakfast tacos is a given of course, but it's still a lot of meat.

have you tried putting on the ring?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DominoKitten posted:

New CostCo COVID19 Policies Starting May 4th

Notably:

• You gotta wear a mask, unless you can't or are under 2!
  • But they're returning to regular operating hours.

I heard something about them banning kids

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cyrano4747 posted:

I think it’s regional. All my local groceries are picked over as far as meat and flour go. Haven’t been to Costco in a bit but the other places are hosed.

Totally this. I laughed at y'all buying 25lb bags of flour when I looked at that bag at Costco, but the alternative was no flour at the grocery store. I found that out too soon. And there was only one kind of chix at Costco and it was organic so I passed, too expensive. But then my wife got a pack at King Soopers no problem. It's all over the map.

Also since I do love TP chat, I thought the Charmin looked and felt superior but didn't work as well in the (back) end, and my wife said she wanted to go back to the Kirkland brand so we did and it's fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If it's too pillowy it's just not as effective.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
In a post-bidet world toilet paper is more to dry than to clean

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

The Walrus posted:

I work in the grocery industry in Canada. At least here there will be ground beef shortages, limited red meat shortages, but still shitloads of chicken. nobody up here eats pork.

What

Man Canada is a hosed up placr i had no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

StormDrain posted:

Totally this. I laughed at y'all buying 25lb bags of flour when I looked at that bag at Costco, but the alternative was no flour at the grocery store. I found that out too soon. And there was only one kind of chix at Costco and it was organic so I passed, too expensive. But then my wife got a pack at King Soopers no problem. It's all over the map.

Also since I do love TP chat, I thought the Charmin looked and felt superior but didn't work as well in the (back) end, and my wife said she wanted to go back to the Kirkland brand so we did and it's fine.

Charmin red is good. Charmin blue is lame