Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

He’s been in a ton of stuff, but most folks would recognize him from Slumdog Millionaire or Life of Pi. I think he’s in the recent Jurassic Parks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Extracurricular on Netflix is pretty drat good so far fam

e: aight this show owna

esperterra fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 29, 2020

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Aaron Paul is great and so are many other performances but the story veers between entertaining nonsense (last ep) and boring nonsense (this ep) every week imo

Season finale was a surprisingly badly made Breaking Bad / Veronica Mars crossover though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The finale hasn’t aired yet so.....huh?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

muscles like this! posted:

I watched the first episode and I get what they're going for but I can't shake the feeling that I would like it more if it was more of a traditional show rather than an animated podcast.

I think the thing that made me stop is it that the dialogue and the action/setting are so different from each other. Like who shoots the poo poo so casually during a zombie apocalypse?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s intentional!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A good Irrfan Khan movie is Maqbool, which is an adaptation of Macbeth set in the modern-day (well, modern as in 15 years ago when it was made) criminal underworld of Mumbai. Khan plays the Macbeth equivalent. It's one of the my favorite "modern-day Shakespeare" adaptations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://news.avclub.com/exclusive-mystery-science-theater-3000-returns-for-soc-1843156549?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=avnews_twitter

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Extracurricular on Netflix is pretty drat good so far fam

e: aight this show owna

Yeah it's dope

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I finally started on Better Call Saul!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I finally started on Better Call Saul!

gently caress yeah. You’re in for an awesome time. imo every single season is better than the one before

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
BCS starts on the same level as the end of breaking bad and gets better. I’m a fair bit behind because it stresses me out, though- I’m waiting for it to end so I can blow through it all at once. Waiting for the next episode drove me nuts.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

BCS starts on the same level as the end of breaking bad and gets better.

That's the best description of how I feel about BCS I could imagine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Two episodes in, it's so good.

BIZNATCH.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
We just finished S4 of BCS last night and saw the first 2 episodes of S5. Season 6 is probably a long time off (gently caress you virus) and it will be hard to not just blow through this season. But dammit, I need more Kim Wexler!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

pahuyuth posted:

Kim Wexler

:hmmyes:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Also just started S1 of Narcos. I feel like I'm gonna enjoy this one

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

This sounds fun, but

quote:

the 1969 “moon Western” that will play side-by-side with the chat window where Emily Marsh, Conor McGiffin, and Nate Begle will resume their roles as Emily Crenshaw, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot,

Who the hell are these people? Did the roadshow not have ANY of the people from the Netflix seasons?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No, but I did see the roadshow and it was fantastic, so I wouldn't worry about the quality.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Big Kim Energy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

No, but I did see the roadshow and it was fantastic, so I wouldn't worry about the quality.

Same, it was a lot of fun. Which did you see? I saw No Retreat No Surrender.

Emily was a side character for most of it, but they made up an excuse to switch Joel out for her to riff at one point and it was good. Solid cast.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Same, it was a lot of fun. Which did you see? I saw No Retreat No Surrender.

Emily was a side character for most of it, but they made up an excuse to switch Joel out for her to riff at one point and it was good. Solid cast.

That's the same one I saw here in Madison. Great show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yup, that's what I saw too. We even had prop malfunctions (the snakes didn't fire immediately and crow's jaw fell off at one point.) It honestly added to the show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I can't remember the other option but NRNS was so much more in my wheelhouse I was relieved. Ha yeah I remember a few little things like that, it was a great night and glad I decided to plump for a last minute ticket.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Ah the before times, when events were a thing.

I have tickets to see "Welcome to Night Vale" live in September and I'm not very hopeful at all, but we will see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bad Religion canceled all their shows for 2020. I expect this to be the norm.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had bought tickets for a lot of stuff this summer back in January. My email has been full of “yeah, you’re getting a refund” messages.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have tickets for places that tell me no refunds except in person at the box office.

Whenever the gently caress they open again. Assholes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bull3964 posted:

Ah the before times, when events were a thing.

I have tickets to see "Welcome to Night Vale" live in September and I'm not very hopeful at all, but we will see.

I have tickets for a local horror convention. It was initially March 20th, but was rescheduled for May 22nd, I feel like that's not going to happen.

I really wanted to get my picture with Tony Todd

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My vacation was WrestleMania. I also have half season tickets for an MLS team that hasn't kicked a ball on home soil. Hockey tickets that are in limbo. Adam Sandler who is now officially cancelled. I don't usually have tons going on, but boy did I have a lot going on in a small window of time that all got screwed.

The one thing I have left which I've got my fingers crossed because I need something to look forward to is The Fest in Gainesville right as October crosses into November. Please please please can people just loving behave themselves so that happens, ktnx.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean it's not like I don't have a few grand in plane tickets, hotels, and car rentals that they refuse to refund me. Instead I got 1 year vouchers. gently caress you very much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bull3964 posted:

Yup, that's what I saw too. We even had prop malfunctions (the snakes didn't fire immediately and crow's jaw fell off at one point.) It honestly added to the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk prop accidents are best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

I mean it's not like I don't have a few grand in plane tickets, hotels, and car rentals that they refuse to refund me. Instead I got 1 year vouchers. gently caress you very much.

Ugh that definitely sucks. The good thing about Mania being cancelled early was the tickets (thru TM) kinda started the process of being refunded before everyone started getting really lovely about giving money back. I'm only out $100 so far, which isn't the end of the world but would happily pay a bill or two.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I've just watched the first 3 episodes of Avenue 5 and it's so good, I have no idea why people were so lukewarm on it initially. It's hilarious and everyone is perfect in their role.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In the last few seasons of The Good Wife two of the lead actors refused to be on the same set together so they used CGI to put them together for a scene. They should do that to film some shows. Maybe actors can just record themselves at home on a green screen. I want to continue watching normal shows and the last thing I want is something about social distancing like Netflix announced.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I've been on a dark comedy kick since I've finished s3 of Ozark. Watched all of Fargo last weekend and I'm waiting for the last season of Killing Eve to show up on Hulu. Also got to finish Patriot soon. Are there anymore shows anyone can recommend that are like those shows?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Perpetual Grace, Ltd!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV_DBz2rKsI

This is really, really good so far!

Honestly the worst thing about it is probably Netflix's localization of Korean stuff is always kinda weird, but, as a Netflix show, this (and Kingdom) both seem much better on that front than the stuff they just license to redistribute.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mu Zeta posted:

In the last few seasons of The Good Wife two of the lead actors refused to be on the same set together so they used CGI to put them together for a scene.

Has this ever been sourced or confirmed? I know there were tabloid reports that Archie Panjabi and Julianne Margulies had occasional issues, and Margulies has refused to be on The Good Fight because CBS keeps offering her peanuts for doing a week's worth of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Timby posted:

Has this ever been sourced or confirmed? I know there were tabloid reports that Archie Panjabi and Julianne Margulies had occasional issues, and Margulies has refused to be on The Good Fight because CBS keeps offering her peanuts for doing a week's worth of work.

It's been confirmed. Basically Margulies got upset that Archie Panjabi was getting as much or more praise than her so she basically froze her out and they never filmed a scene together after like season 2.

Also The Good Fight thing was because Margulies wanted to continue on her pay scale from the last season of The Good Wife ie make a fuckload of money for a 3 episode story arc.