Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Nope! Noon Sunday for JP, 10 PM Saturday for me in US Central DST

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time. JP is currently +09:00 GMT all year long, as they decided to stop using daylight savings time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
14.5 hours from this post

biosterous

gmt is one of the few time zones i can figure out, because a game i play is also on gmt :buddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Goons Are Gifts

I always thought it means General Motors' Tadpole and I thought, hey, that's okay, get ready for wednesday and all

Honestly I still think that because I don't know what else it might mean and this simply make sense

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Swatch Internet Time caught on.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Tonight! 10 PM Central (Sunday 3AM GMT)
That's in about 4 hours from now!

Freaked (1993)

Chopping Mall (1986)

Showing on my channel: http://psp-tv.com/r/byob3k

Hope you can join us!

biosterous

at some point we should watch this thing i just saw linked in c-spam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEu4r0q_UeM

a south korean propaganda film where north korea allies with invading aliens, and the english dub is really bad

gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Okay! Sorry! I don't know why I thought that. Also sorry if I took too much control with suggestions. I'm slowly going mad.

biosterous

here lies robot #2
he didn't score

(as high as robot #1 and #3)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

here lies robot #2
he didn't score

(as high as robot #1 and #3)

he did come back at the end of the credits though!

i like to imagine he went on to become a united states senator and then made a run for president in Chopping Mall world - leading to many more deaths than the quaint old days working as mall security.

i like to imagine robot #2 sometimes thinks of robot #1 and #3 and their time together with nostalgia for the simpler days of just shooting teens with lasers

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone up for another weird schedule double feature tomorrow (Wednesday the 29th) at noon EST?

I'm thinking sci fi this time, still B movies but a little higher budget than Godfrey Ho.

biosterous

i'm down!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

I'll see if I can. I have nothing going on but it's midnight my time.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yes I can watch two movies with you at 2 on a Wednesday.

Self-employment ruuuuuules...

Sig by Heather Papps

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yes I can watch two movies with you at 2 on a Wednesday.

Self-employment ruuuuuules...

Not sure 2 is right, this would put you significantly east of the eastern time zone!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'll see if I can. I have nothing going on but it's midnight my time.

It will be 1 am in your zone :)

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds good. My tentative films are A Boy and His Dog, followed by Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe. Wanted to go a little more high-brow this week.

Wednesday, April 29th at 12pm EST, at http://psp-tv.com/r/twitchdottv

----------------

biosterous

looks like both of those have some content i don't want to see, so i'll pass this time. have fun though!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't think about that, but yeah I'll give a content warning that both movies have some sexual assault in them. I have no problem finding some other choices if this is a problem for people here, in general.

----------------

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, looked around at the comical garbage on free movie channels on Youtube, landed on Beta Test (never heard of it, looks like complete trash) and Miami Connection (a canonical "bad movie" I haven't gotten around to watching yet). And just for the record, I'm always okay changing what I show for pretty much any reason.

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

Whoops I did my math wrong and missed both movies, haha, go BFM.

Sig by Heather Papps

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Whoops I did my math wrong and missed both movies, haha, go BFM.

It's tomorrow!

biosterous

Twitch posted:

Okay, looked around at the comical garbage on free movie channels on Youtube, landed on Beta Test (never heard of it, looks like complete trash) and Miami Connection (a canonical "bad movie" I haven't gotten around to watching yet). And just for the record, I'm always okay changing what I show for pretty much any reason.

both of these look incredible. regardless of whether it's tomorrow or another time, i want to watch them :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Robot Made of Meat

My experience with Miami Connection (trying to watch it on Rifftrax) is that it's not watchable. It's endless repetition of very boring fight scenes followed by very boring fight scenes. Of course I don't ever enjoy fight scenes, so I'm not the best judge. IMO, even Rifftrax didn't make this one watchable.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'm looking forward to Miami Connection, having seen it covered by some hack fraud youtubers. I can see how it might not be the best fodder for mst3k style riffing; it seems like the entertainment value in it could come more from bad blocky fights, the :psyduck: plot, the original-to-the-film 80s music, and the fact that it's a privately-funded vanity project for the guy who made himself the main character and hero

In any case, it's gonna be baaaaaaaaad I can't wait

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
A minor family emergency came up, I'm still on but I'm going to be a little late (just have to drive someone to pick up an emergency prescription), I'll post back in here when I get back.

----------------

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, I'm back. I'll be in http://psp-tv.com/r/twitchdottv and I will start the movies once someone shows up.

edit: starting everything up now

Twitch fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 29, 2020

----------------

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy
One of the first scenes of Beta Test is the protagonist getting ready to game by solemnly rubbing his Nintendo consoles.

----------------

biosterous

FRIENDS FOR ETERNITY LOYALTY HONESTY WE STICK TOGETHER THROUGH THICK OR THIN

gallery of sigs

he/him

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

FRIENDS FOREVER WE STAY TOGETHER WE STAY ON TOP CAUSE WE PLAY TO WIN

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

BoldFrankensteinMir

Another excellent showing, thank you all.

Edit- would this video work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSseP8A-S9s

It's a full 4 hours of serials, so it'd be a whole night. I'd be down to host one coming up, so nobody else has to give up picking two whole movies.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 29, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Twitch posted:

One of the first scenes of Beta Test is the protagonist getting ready to game by solemnly rubbing his Nintendo consoles.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM MASSAGE MY CONSOLES

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
so i had to research Beta Test a little bit, trying to unlock the mystery of the weird messaging and confused themes (pro gun, pro military, anti corporate, pro gamer, something something conspiracies)

apparently the guy who made this wasn't trying to say much at all, and was literally just trying to capture some of the zeitgeist of current events + "conspiracies" in the hope it would lend depth to this idea for making a cheaper action movie by making half of it 'video game' footage

from this article

quote:

Nicholas: I’ve always been a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so I tried to layer in these ideas of today’s prevailing “conspiracy theories”. These ideas of corporations and the men behind the scenes pulling the strings or orchestrating events and actually pushing society towards whatever political agenda is current – that idea has always intrigued me, that kind of grand evil scheme idea. I also really wanted to make an indie film that would capture some sort of spectacle that, if executed properly, could potentially be on par, in terms of visual appeal, with what bigger action movies can offer. And that was the trick. And that’s when the idea for attempting the longest long take fight sequence ever filmed came up. Once I realized, ok, I’m going to go and try and break this record… that sort of married itself with these corporate greed/conspiracy theories. Taking those ideas and then applying the business to the creative, if I can accomplish this in an interesting narrative while cutting costs by developing video game sequences, you can have exciting actions scenes that in large, never need to be filmed. All those ideas converging eventually led to Beta Test

and oh yeah! we apparently witnessed the longest one take fight sequence that had been filmed yet! it sounds like this was most important to him, or at least the cherry on top that would garner his film broader recognition

wikipedia posted:

Gyeney stated, "the longest long-take fight sequence currently on record is three-and-a-half minutes, and it's held by the Korean movie 'Oldboy.' Our goal is to destroy that record."

the article again posted:

In fact, everyone thought I was crazy for attempting this, and no one thought we were going to be able to pull this off. But I knew we had to… because if we didn’t, that spectacle that I was trying to achieve would not have come through, and I needed that action sequence to work in order to sell this and to try and accomplish some kind of cult status, if that’s ultimately in the cards.

dude legitimately wanted to make the best film he could, which is an important ingredient for a good bad movie. it's also paced well and unintentionally entertaining; but even if it didn't have the tasteless and horrifying albeit non-visually graphic school shooting, i still wouldn't watch it again. it was fun watching it with y'all though!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
thoroughly enjoyed Miami Connection, would watch again

Twitch

by Fluffdaddy

Another excellent showing, thank you all.

Edit- would this video work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSseP8A-S9s

It's a full 4 hours of serials, so it'd be a whole night. I'd be down to host one coming up, so nobody else has to give up picking two whole movies.

I can't answer for everyone, but that looks good to me.

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

I have two questions-

What days are there already BYOB movie nights planned?

How do I host one on a different day?

Sig by Heather Papps

biosterous

it seems like there's slush's on saturday (sunday?) nights at 11pm est and twitch's on wednesday at around 12pm est, and also reignofevil has one but i don't know when?

despite having watched roe's a few times i have no idea when it was??

gallery of sigs

he/him

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

I have two questions-

What days are there already BYOB movie nights planned?

How do I host one on a different day?

ROE does Friday night, 8pm Eastern, I do Saturday 11pm Eastern, and twitch has been doing Wednesday at Noon Eastern

To host a channel just set one up at http://psp-tv.com

BoldFrankensteinMir

Slush Garbo posted:

ROE does Friday night, 8pm Eastern, I do Saturday 11pm Eastern, and twitch has been doing Wednesday at Noon Eastern

To host a channel just set one up at http://psp-tv.com

Awesome, thx!

I'm tentatively thinking this Sunday. I'm in MST, would an afternoon or evening show be better?

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Afternoon to evening, anything 4pm your time or later would get views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

On second thought Sunday is bad for me but how about Monday? Still afternoon, like when people are getting off work? This is harder than it looks, Slush makes it look easy.

Edit- I did manage to make a channel though: http://psp-tv.com/r/Shorts

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 1, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps