Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thanks, everyone for the responses and offers of help. I sincerely appreciate it. Not sure of username on here but Beep really came through and made like 50 coconut juices for me.

TwoSheds posted:

I'm afraid I can't do that, however I do hoard seed bags that I'd be happy to let you dip into. Just give me an idea of species and color.

Thank you for the offer. I might hit you up by PM later. I've gotta do IRL stuff for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, it took a lot less to get 5 starred than I thought and I don't really feel my island is that crowded

I have at least 1 of every nook mile item though and I hear those count for a lot?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Sorry I couldn’t be more of a help! Good luck with the flowers!

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I finally caught a tuna after hours of cycling between sea bass and hunting down manila clams (did you know that they're my favourite flavour?). I was just about to quit and post about it here when I lucked out.

What I'm saying is I guess y'all are getting my grievances more often.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Closin' up. Thanks to everybody who stopped by!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I loved my visit to Village. Thank you for all the shooting stars. Feel free to come see me at Ruby Isle any time.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Closed

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 30, 2020

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Today I learned that a food cooler functions the same as a wardrobe.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've been catching a couple tuna per week without much effort, they've mostly been hanging out off to the right side of the pier on Nook islands. It seems like the respawn rate is fast enough that I can check for big shadows a few times per visit, I've barely ever bothered with bait there.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kuros posted:

Today I learned that a food cooler functions the same as a wardrobe.

Also a safe.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been catching a couple tuna per week without much effort, they've mostly been hanging out off to the right side of the pier on Nook islands. It seems like the respawn rate is fast enough that I can check for big shadows a few times per visit, I've barely ever bothered with bait there.

I feel like I’m the same, but with oarfish. I catch about one or two a day. In between godddddamn sea bass.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Hygiene posted:

I kinda wonder if some people having trouble are looking on the wrong pier or something.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I should not fish tired, I ended up wasting so much bait tonight. I did at least manage to get two more blue marlins.

Also does the goth bug lad have a schedule to visit or does he just turn up when he wants because I've got like 50 insects taking up space in my inventory at the moment.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
What's the advantage of bait over running circles?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Well you can only catch certain fish at the little pier, so you'd have to wait longer for something to spawn there I guess. Either way you'll be running around either for fish to spawn or digging up clams.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Doing a last round of looking for Redd if anyone’s got him today. Can’t have my fake Capitoline Wolf statue all alone in my sculpture zone!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

BattyKiara posted:

I loved my visit to Village. Thank you for all the shooting stars. Feel free to come see me at Ruby Isle any time.

Thanks! I'd love to visit your town. :)

It's been super relaxing having people drop by. Special thanks to the visitors who left drawings and new recipes (I didn't see that one coming) or other types of gifts. Especially Stoots in the cat suit. You were watering my flowers for like a solid half an hour. Thanks so much!

And More fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 30, 2020

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

iospace posted:

Did you bring bait for that or?

no its big fish island i just chased the other fish away then fished off the pier

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
Anybody got any cool poo poo for sale? I’m looking for the standup shower, the jacuzzi, and whatever televisions.

If I could catalog stuff I’ll throw bells your way.

Sandwich Miter
Dec 24, 2006

Monte Cristo Deluxe

Keaton finished, but Celeste just showed up, but also I've got to go ayways.

Sandwich Miter fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 30, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone know if rain + watering can on your own island has any benefit?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Got another desirable DIY going on - Bertha is making the Cutting Board. She’s behind Stitches house, which is the first on the right after the Great Wall of Bugs. I’ll be sitting outside her house mostly AFK while I make/eat dinner, so hopefully nothing explodes. Celeste is on the beach just left of the airport and Kicks is in the plaza, too.

I left some watering cans by the western flower field (across the bridge), but keep in mind only the first 10 visitors can contribute, so I’m probably halfway there already. So if you’re not one of the first few (or you see the special sparkles that indicate it hit the cap) don’t bother. Also, it’s not a demand, just a suggestion :D

Dodo code: Never mind, something happened, she stopped.

runchild fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 30, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

New Leaf posted:

I don't think so. Rain is like a watering can, but free.

Celeste is visiting with a DIY for a Taurus bathtub. Please help yourself to my pile of free stuff!

FJBT6

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 30, 2020

_____!
May 2, 2004

As far as I can tell rain has the same effect as watering normally but maybe someone with datamined info can set that straight. At the very least the sparkling doesn't seem to change when I water in the rain.

Also still sad I'll never have five stars for having "too many" trees in a game literally called Animal Forest.

runchild
May 26, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Rain flips the same flag as watering, visitor watering is a separate set of flags in the flower data.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Fistful of Silence posted:

For anyone else that might be wondering whether it’s worth the effort to catch three barreleyes, here’s what the model looks like (it’s 1x1).

But does it glow in the dark?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

runchild posted:

Rain flips the same flag as watering, visitor watering is a separate set of flags in the flower data.

What does visitor watering do differently?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

So I had a best friend over today visiting my island, and I was tired af so I told them I was gonna take a nap while they run around doing some stuff. Looks like my switch (lite) went to sleep while I was sleeping and cut the connection. Is there any setting to configure the timeout for this? I had the thing plugged in charging, hoping that would help, but i guess not.

e:

robot roll call posted:

Increases chances of breeding more flowers, and chances stack across multiple visitors, up to 6 or something i think. Separate from resident watering which only counts once per day.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 30, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

_____! posted:

As far as I can tell rain has the same effect as watering normally but maybe someone with datamined info can set that straight. At the very least the sparkling doesn't seem to change when I water in the rain.

Also still sad I'll never have five stars for having "too many" trees in a game literally called Animal Forest.

But it's Animal.. Crossing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did the datamine reveal exact tool durability? Mostly curious about the golden tools cause I'm not wasting golden nuggets just to experiment.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

Mr. Crane posted:

This bugged out somehow, I'll throw it back up soon

Closed

Turnips 660, got an hour before it strikes 10pm here.

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 30, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New Leaf posted:

But it's Animal.. Crossing.

The original Japanese name is Animal Forest.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mr. Crane posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/e81db91e

Turnips 660, got an hour before it strikes 10pm here.

Hope you like a super personal gift, jk its 200k in bells

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

runchild posted:

Got another desirable DIY going on - Bertha is making the Cutting Board. She’s behind Stitches house, which is the first on the right after the Great Wall of Bugs. I’ll be sitting outside her house mostly AFK while I make/eat dinner, so hopefully nothing explodes. Celeste is on the beach just left of the airport and Kicks is in the plaza, too.

I left some watering cans by the western flower field (across the bridge), but keep in mind only the first 10 visitors can contribute, so I’m probably halfway there already. So if you’re not one of the first few (or you see the special sparkles that indicate it hit the cap) don’t bother. Also, it’s not a demand, just a suggestion :D

Closed or wrong code?

edit: oof, you just edited

edit2: vvvvv no need to apologize

The Sean fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 30, 2020

runchild
May 26, 2010

Sorry y’all, Bertha stopped. I assume there was an error or something cause I was standing by the airport when I checked on things.

robot roll call posted:

Increases breeding chance with each visitor who waters your flowers. It caps out at 5 per day, at which point you see special sparkles. Also only the first 10 visitors that day can contribute, because reasons.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

runchild posted:

I'm very sorry if I had anything to do with that. Was just about to water your flowers, and then it just went away. I was experiencing this throughout the entire visit:

https://twitter.com/andmoresa/status/1255649369648361472

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I haven't gotten one dang tuna yet, after like 40 bait.. So many sea bass though I started stacking them north of my pier.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nintendo really needs to give us a way to access our house storage from the field.my house is all the way in the corner (away from the common folk) and I hate having to trek back and forth.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

runchild posted:

Sorry y’all, Bertha stopped. I assume there was an error or something cause I was standing by the airport when I checked on things.

Managed to grab it before the reset or whatever it was. Weird, I thought I had gotten it, but it appears to have disappeared on me. Oh well.

Watered a bunch of your flowers on the western half of your island, thanks!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I haven't gotten one dang tuna yet, after like 40 bait.. So many sea bass though I started stacking them north of my pier.

I'm guessing I used over 200 before I finally caught one, just how the RNG goes, I guess.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
Closed!

raven77 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 30, 2020