Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
the neighbour kids are really in to pogo sticking and i'm getting real tired of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
sounds cool actually

somebody must be bogarting this server tonight because this app restart is slowwwwwwww

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

my sister isn't being supplied with proper PPE and 3 of the other nurses have already tested positive for covid :/

i work for a company that does medical call center stuff and our nurses have been full time WFH for like 10+ years. doesn't pay as well as hospital work, but theres also no direct contact w/ patients.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my wife works on the labour and delivery unit and as it turns out 78% of pregnant women don’t display symptoms and they just discovered this two weeks ago

whoops good thing they didn’t give their unit any PPE unless the mother had symptoms!!

also my wife is due in three weeks so hopefully poo poo wasn’t Typhoid Mary! good thing they only just opted to test all employees yesterday

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my wifes tests were all negative

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i hope this thing goes on until the day i die

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i hope this thing goes on until the day i die

I would like this to be over so please die soon

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Shaggar posted:

i work for a company that does medical call center stuff and our nurses have been full time WFH for like 10+ years. doesn't pay as well as hospital work, but theres also no direct contact w/ patients.

she was working in a psychiatric inpatient care center, which she really loved, and then they called her up and were like "yooo u gotta come work at the main hospital instead"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

also my wife is due in three weeks so hopefully poo poo wasn’t Typhoid Mary! good thing they only just opted to test all employees yesterday

fyi they're also seeing new mothers crash after delivery, like soon after they suddenly get very very sick and may need intervention

the good news is that they still have excellent odds of survival (in a hospital is the best place to suddenly get real sick - apparently they haven't seen any deaths yet that way), but yeah they're p sure there's something to the hormone levels/drops with pregnancy and delivery

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Great now Trumps going to tell everyone to get fuckin' to wipe out covid.

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fyi they're also seeing new mothers crash after delivery, like soon after they suddenly get very very sick and may need intervention
i heard about meetings in hospitals weeks ago where they’re trying to work out how you do isolation for distressed births with a sick mother. like who takes the baby (that they think isn’t infected), what point to they swap over to new sterilised gear, which staff are at which points and who can or can’t take the kid to the baby icu / nursery

not a fun problem to have to solve

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Great now Trumps going to tell everyone to get fuckin' to wipe out covid.
he has a lot of experience loving people out of things, so

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I gotta go get the bile piping upgraded on Monday so I get to go get swabbed today.

Just gently caress me up with some qtip poo poo, yo.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
well it sounds like the project I've been working on is about to get put on hiatus so I get the joy of trying to find and start something new while at home

and I was particularly enjoying this one too :smith:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just want to take like a week "off" now

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you're already working from home so just don't do anything, who is going to know

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you're already working from home so just don't do anything, who is going to know

i've been taking short naps at around 10am or 3pm and i really bounce back. i wish the office had a bunk room or a couch or something for that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

i've been taking short naps at around 10am or 3pm and i really bounce back. i wish the office had a bunk room or a couch or something for that

i do between 12 and 2 and it's essential to my day now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

graph posted:

my toddler takes that same nap

and i assure you it is indeed essential to my day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

siesta-19

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

siesta-19

seriously that 30, 45m on the couch does wonders for the rest of my day

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol if you don't flog yourself all day, pounding stimulants and then feel like you want to die by 3:00. just lmao. jesus christ.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
sacramento county just extended the quarantine to may 22nd

so woohoo we get out two weekends earlier than the bay area

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

lol if you don't flog yourself all day, pounding stimulants and then feel like you want to die by 3:00. just lmao. jesus christ.
normal thursday nite for president beep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

normal thursday nite for president beep

planning commission meeting r/n :black101:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sacramento county just extended the quarantine to may 22nd

so woohoo we get out two weekends earlier than the bay area

I feel like I’m not going back to the office until fall at this point

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the official announcement hasn't happened yet, but the rumor mill at my work is saying we're doing wfh until at least august.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep posted:

planning commission meeting r/n :black101:

someone get in here on zoom and drop some swears and memes. the boomers are getting out of line

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Fool posted:

the official announcement hasn't happened yet, but the rumor mill at my work is saying we're doing wfh until at least august.

my boss is slamming us back into the office as soon as he legally can

we're only work from home in the first place because of the legal order closing the doors, literally that morning he had announced that we were to remain in the offices and then 3 hours later the legal order was put out, he was pissed lol

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I do not plan on going back into the office until they threaten to fire me.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The last time I worked out of an office I was 19.

I'm never going back lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Methanar posted:

The last time I worked out of an office I was 19.

I'm never going back lol
Happy birthday! One more year and you can drink!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

work naps are great.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ShadowHawk posted:

Happy birthday! One more year and you can drink!

you joke but that happened to me. the company I worked for at the time didn't know I was a literal teenager that couldn't drink in the US after they flew me down and we went to a bar afterhours

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

seriously that 30, 45m on the couch does wonders for the rest of my day

man you dont have to preach to ME about the wonders of afternoon naps

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

President Beep posted:

this. drink a pot of coffee, slam monster energy drinks around noon, pile on some ultra spicy thai food, pop adderall, go go go go go go go go

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i prefer my coffee enema accompanied by the sweet sounds of the mcelroy brothers

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

The Fool posted:

this is the likely outcome and goddamn i am not excited about working in my (top floor where all the heat collects, well-insulated) apartment during the modern bay area summer. love an indoor space that gets up to 110F once outdoor temps pass 90.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

this is the likely outcome and goddamn i am not excited about working in my (top floor where all the heat collects, well-insulated) apartment during the modern bay area summer. love an indoor space that gets up to 110F once outdoor temps pass 90.

This was my last apartment. It was great trying to sleep when it was still hovering around 100 in my bedroom. Portable A/C saved my sanity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rumour mill here is tech staff are back in the office by end of May, sales guys wfh indefinitely