Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
bhaskar sunkara could beat him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

it feels like a waste of time to have an opinion on nathan hes always jsut been marginally better than most left-lib journalists because hes a decent writer. let him live in his hot air balloon

he isnt a decent writer actually

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Shipon posted:

He sounds like a grown up version of Chucky from Rugrats

like virgil when he imitates a libertarian imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i just realized there may never be another Beltway Garage :(

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Doc Hawkins posted:

Virgil makes his breakout return with The Beltway Chop Shop, which is just him and Matt "ironically" reading from The Anarchist Cookbook

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Wrong threadino

The Chad Jihad has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Apr 30, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zas posted:

i like bruenig matt

Yeah but I want Matt Christman LP'ing morrowind yelling about daedra and dunmer

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Zas posted:

disagree, nathan writes very clear and competent takedowns of people who liberals adore and he is useful for that reason

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's not like Virgil is dead

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Zas posted:

i remember at one point amber made a half hearted attempt to cancel him and i kinda wondered why even though i knew he sucked. well now i know, its cause hes a lib

amber didn't like him because he refused to not employ a sex pest writer iirc

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Gripweed posted:

It's not like Virgil is dead

i look forward to his future work but how much of it do you think will be with matt?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

papa horny michael posted:

amber didn't like him because he refused to not employ a sex pest writer iirc

sex pests are like highlanders

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

Yeah but I want Matt Christman LP'ing morrowind yelling about daedra and dunmer

omfg this, THIS

Christman analyzing the Tribunal and then going all in, screaming maniacally at the end: "THEN THERE IS DAGOTH-UR"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1255684732362211329?s=20

It keeps happening, she don't miss

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

this

thread

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1255690327941279747

Liz and Brace make for the best hellsite demolitions team, no contest

"sure let me call the jewish lefty who was frontlining in the goddamn raqqa offensive as a YPG volunteer a nazi" jfc

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

THS posted:

disagree, nathan writes very clear and competent takedowns of people who liberals adore and he is useful for that reason

thats what people say, but i've read some of those pieces and i find them poorly organized and ultimately much less persuasive than they could be

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the best thing i've seen on current affairs is matt christman's take on prestige tv

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I read everything, and nathan j robinson isn't a good writer. nor public speaker

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I am well behind on Chapo, did Virgil go off the grid or something

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Russian troll farm posted:

Well of course. If capital is the demiurge, and the capitalists the high priests and servants of Moloch, that implies there must be an opposite. As Moloch was created from the sum of the will of the bourgeoisie, a blind drive towards accumulation at all costs, perhaps God is the collective manifestation of mankind's better nature. Where Moloch is the will to dominate, to treat other people as tools to be used, then God is our drive to cooperate, the hatred of injustice, the will to liberate ourselves and our fellow humans.

Thus, the class struggle is not just physical, but spiritual. A holy crusade, and we communists are the faithful. Thus, Karl Marx was God's prophet, sent to light the way to liberation and to the fulfillment of mankind's promise.

But even if we are to fail, and the dialectic is broken once and for all, we can say at least that while our bodies were slaves to capital, our minds and souls remain free and we remain faithful to the true God, the god of love and fairness, of cooperation and justice, while the minds and souls of the capitalists are in the thrall of Moloch. I think you could call that a kind of spiritual salvation.
hmm checks out

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

xeni says she was in a cult for over 25 years, but that the cult was just her and one other woman and their leader, and i mean, sure there's probably great perks to getting in on the ground floor of a cult and SOMEONE has to be the 1st or 2nd person to join, but you really should cut your losses after a few years without getting a third follower, imo. gotta appreciate the willingness to take a high risk, high reward gamble though, she's a true venture cultist.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
that doesn’t sound like a cult; just an abusive relationship

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

NJR needs an editor and to hire people who didn't go to Harvard, and Jennifer Hamm is about 4 or 8 bricks shy of a load.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god

https://soundcloud.com/ballin-out-super/alex-presents-fukitsuna-ero-koukou-pedophile-highschool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tinstaach posted:

I am well behind on Chapo, did Virgil go off the grid or something

i guess so. im behind on everything circa 3/7 and just started trying to catchup on ct/cth/cn and it's weird listening to like early-mid march episodes because everything is so dated, it's almost quaint but not endearing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

yeah, i also experienced this today

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

that doesn’t sound like a cult; just an abusive relationship

the Final Fantasy House of cults

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1255666277646909440?s=19

probably my favourite account tbh. xeni is definitely an mkultra graduate she is loving fruit loops.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

literally one of the best sources of internet entertainment right now is brace showing entirely new levels of Posting against liberal cointelpro wannabes

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1255666277646909440?s=19

probably my favourite account tbh. xeni is definitely an mkultra graduate she is loving fruit loops.

xeni jardin was the person that outed chelsea manning

and xeni was on the wikileaks board with great takes like
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/148441461703192576

and after chelsea asked for the press to use feminine pronouns and call her chelsea, xeni had a great pun ready
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/367870691145560065

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

tiny scraps of sympathy extinguished, hate her per usual, expect an apology from the cisgender community

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yeah definite psyop. brace found tweets where she's openly praising "ex cia" people she knows lol

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Zas posted:

He uses 15,000 words when 800 would do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/shitprole/status/1255637447402119168?s=20

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

nathan j. robinsonson

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

do you have a music podcast you'd recommend? song exploder is the only one I've heard that is dece but there has to be more surely

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your Voice Radio

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
what's matt's deal with better call saul? "why is this show exactly like breaking bad" because it's a sequel from the same creative team, it's not a wacky 90s spinoff

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

what's matt's deal with better call saul? "why is this show exactly like breaking bad" because it's a sequel from the same creative team, it's not a wacky 90s spinoff

Yeah he imagined a different show that he would like better, and is upset that the actual show is not the imaginary show he invented in his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

nathan j robinson eating a whole Pizza Hut pan pizza and writing 10,000 words on why he doesn’t like it