Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who wants to discuss Survivor with Boston Rob?

https://twitter.com/BostonRob/status/1255575309488992256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Natalie has been on EoE for so long and is STILL kicking butt in this challenge. Crazy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ugh that was one hundo pee foreshadowing Rob coming back from the edge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hell yea, commercials letting us know Dominos is hiring!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ugh that was one hundo pee foreshadowing Rob coming back from the edge.

he just....never gives up :qq:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
God Ben sucks

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
They got peanut butter in bulk this season.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao Nick

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sarah? Kim??? I have no idea who goes.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

This feels like more strategy than the last 5 eps combined. I'm excited.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't understand why Kim/Michelle/Nick/Denise + Jeremy wasn't an option??

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
They're just whispering for fun now.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Good god!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

"Maybe there's nothing to be said, maybe after you're done, we just vote" is a pretty novel way to say "the most iconic part of the show just got made irrelevant."

The whispers are pretty bad television and they need to issue a patch for next season.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Man these people are just not giving Michelle any respect. Why leave her out of this vote?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Boxman posted:

The whispers are pretty bad television and they need to issue a patch for next season.

I thought as soon as Tony started asking people how they voted during the Idol section, Jeff would get pissed and say forget it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
When Kim dies she should get this cast to lower her into her grave so they can let her down one last time.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Brock Samson posted:

I thought as soon as Tony started asking people how they voted during the Idol section, Jeff would get pissed and say forget it.

It would be to phrase and apply a "no talking" rule during an open interview session that nominally likes player interaction, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a behind-the-scenes rule against table talk.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I've gotta think the way that was edited, with essentially over eyerolls all over the place, shows that production thinks the whispering is as stupid as we do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good gravy Ben is such a goat, no wonder he wanted to make himself unrecognizable

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I dunno, Ben might be able to eke out a win if he sits next to Michelle and Nick at the end and does something notable in the next few votes like taking out a Tony or Sarah. I think the path to victory is there for him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Raxivace posted:

I dunno, Ben might be able to eke out a win if he sits next to Michelle and Nick at the end and does something notable in the next few votes like taking out a Tony or Sarah. I think the path to victory is there for him.

Michelle is way too liked to lose to Ben. Nick maybe but the thing is, with Jeremy, Tony, and Kim on the Jury everyone will know both how much of a child he was being and how untrustworthy he was.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If Tony doesn't win this season, I will frown.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This show needs to settle down

That being said, the dumb rear end tribal was worth it for the Denise/Jeremy moment

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

Michelle is way too liked to lose to Ben. Nick maybe but the thing is, with Jeremy, Tony, and Kim on the Jury everyone will know both how much of a child he was being and how untrustworthy he was.
Michelle is very liked by some jury members, but by that same token her ex-boyfriend Wendell is on the Jury too and who knows what he's saying to people about her and how that's affecting perception.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Raxivace posted:

Michelle is very liked by some jury members, but by that same token her ex-boyfriend Wendell is on the Jury too and who knows what he's saying to people about her and how that's affecting perception.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, the bit after I mentioned Nick is a maybe is more about why Ben has zero chance right now, even in a final two against literally anyone. I don't think anyone out there respects his game at all anymore, and the jury will start getting more info about him (if they didn't already have it) when people start filing in.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 30, 2020

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Yeah it’s bizarre to say but I think Ben has the smallest chance of winning of any of the 19 people left. He started the season as a goat and has gone downward from there

also LMAO at defense attorney nick walking into an obvious trap with Tony and just being flustered for what felt like *forever*

Spokes fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 30, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Tony fuckin owns, and he has the ideal team assembled around him. As I thought after last week, Jeremy continues to be the perfect shield. Ben, the perfect idol-hunting, immunity threat goat. Sarah, the ride-or-die partner who is still hopelessly all-in with him even after last week's blindside - to the comical point that she is actively encouraging him to not flush his idol. How absurd was that? Both her and Ben are bending over backwards to protect Tony's interests. A sign of true power. I suspect those two think they're playing games on par with Tony's, and as such think they all need to vote together.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand why Kim/Michelle/Nick/Denise + Jeremy wasn't an option??

I think everybody wants to go to the end with Ben at this point. Why Sarah wasn't as much of an option...I have no idea. Maybe they expect her to flip on Tony eventually? I think the Kim/Michelle/Denise trio has been playing vote-to-vote for most of the game, and tonight was no exception. Jeremy was the most obvious vulnerable threat, with Ben seemingly a de facto vote in that direction, and they planned accordingly. I don't understand what Michelle was looking to accomplish by voting with those two while also undermining their efforts, nor do I get why that crew didn't amend their plan once Ben spilled the beans to Tony.

Things generally looking pretty dire for the non-Tony and Sarah players at the moment (though I guess Jeremy could sneak through). The main wildcard (aside from the EoE returnee) is Nick. Not sure if this was his thinking, but he's now well-positioned as the swing vote next week to blindside one of those two, although he flubbed his defense in front of Tony so maybe there's no longer trust there.

The EoE stuff has remained annoying, and for the most part I've been rooting against a Boston Rob return, but at this point a Tony vs Rob showdown would be incredible.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 30, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The channel that airs Australian survivor was bought by CBS a year or two ago so I wouldn’t be surprised if Australian survivor finds its way to CBS all access in the US at some point. In the mean time I’m sure you could make it work with a VPN.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I love this crazy stupid season. I also was able to relate to Adam's disbelief at Wendell just casually parkouring over the rocks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I will say though I am worried about another Cirie situation unfolding with effectively three idols in play right now...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I want to think that Nick is watching this episode back and shaking his head for giving Tony 2 million dollars for peanut butter.

I think the worst part is that if there wasn't a necklace for each gender, I'm pretty sure Tony would be in trouble that night (well as much trouble as one can be with an idol). Because Denise would have stayed up there for 6 hours if she needed to.

It's a little weird that idols are just... known currency now. Everyone knows Tony has one, everyone knows Jeremy has an advantage, and probably everyone knows that Ben has an idol too. It's like Cook Islands.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Ah crap, I was rooting for Kim. Tony’s too crazy to deal with and Ben’s too emotional.

I think next week is the end for Denise and one of the big players. Only because poor Denise has had almost no confessionals or storylines this season. Her idol find was Adam’s storyline and she barely got a word on her Sandra boot.

As for who comes back, I want Natalie to shake things up.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
All this whispering poo poo is what Tina did in season 2 except she did it on the way to Tribal Council. The producers stopped it soon after. This is nothing different and I don't think we'll be seeing it in future seasons.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
at the very least they should make it so you can't walk back using an idol after you say something like 'i'm playing it'

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Adus posted:

at the very least they should make it so you can't walk back using an idol after you say something like 'i'm playing it'

Exactly.

None of this asking people how they voted before you play an idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Vernacular posted:

I don't understand what Michelle was looking to accomplish by voting with those two while also undermining their efforts, nor do I get why that crew didn't amend their plan once Ben spilled the beans to Tony.
I think she wanted to be part of that group that was coming together to vote out Tony, but wasn't really up for the condition that Jeremy gets voted out first.

I'm still trying to interpret exactly how that vote went down. Basically, had Nick and Ben flipped before Tribal, or did Tony successfully pressure them to flip in all that chaos? Nick clearly said in midst of all the Tribal talk that he was voting Jeremy, and that Tony told him to vote Kim but he wasn't. Was he lying or did he waver? I really thought Jeremy was going home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I want to think that Nick is watching this episode back and shaking his head for giving Tony 2 million dollars for peanut butter.

He said himself during the episode that he was falling off and just wanted to get something out of Tony. Tony saw it too.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Crazy how quick this became Tony's show. Just a few weeks ago it looked like nearly everybody was on a similar level. Sarah not getting Tony to flush that idol is unbelievably stupid and there's really no way to spin that in her favor. Jeremy's the only other one that looks like he's playing a good game even if it's a a couple tiers down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018
I actually like Ben this season. Even though he is playing a sloppy game, he is an entertaining villain. My question is: how the hell are they going to get down to 3 with eight left and one coming back in four hours of TV?