Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
They put the toll sticker directly in the middle of their view of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS posted:

stolen from reddit

that's a toll sensor sticker

I'd think it was fake but I've seen several cars out with phones mounted in that same spot. People be dumb.

e: found a pic of one:

opengl fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 17, 2020

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PenisMonkey posted:

They put the toll sticker directly in the middle of their view of the road.

and in doing so created a motorcycle + pedestrian sized blind spot right in the middle of their vision.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

I feel like there's a lot of ways this can end, and most of them are "in somebody's windshield"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's me, installing non-functional modifications to my vehicle given to me by strangers

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Of course it's on a PT Cruiser

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's not hurting anyone, but I bet the wind noise is amazing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

PSA: Folks, don't get a OWI/DUI. What an unfotunate adventure this has been. No wasn't me, another family member. No one was hurt thank god. The stress of not knowing the end result and thinking you failed as a parent.

Anyways, what an environment to be in. Amazing (well not really) how much is wrong on the internets trying to find answers on what really happens now that we basically know the end result. Quite an industry.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

And if you/someone you know gets a DUI, absolutely lawyer up. I don't care if you can't afford it, it's probably not shocking they all have payment plan options.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The consequences of crimes are indeed unpleasant, this is to deter people from committing them.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Javid posted:

The consequences of crimes are indeed unpleasant, this is to deter poor people from committing them.

:sad:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Javid posted:

The consequences of crimes are indeed unpleasant, this is to deter people from committing them.

Especially drunk driving, which is like the most worthless, unnecessary crime ever. I mean, you probably won't convince people to stop doing drugs by increasing the punishment, but you can sure as poo poo change the calculus of "but I don't wanna take a cab!"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

opengl128 posted:

I'd think it was fake but I've seen several cars out with phones mounted in that same spot. People be dumb.

e: found a pic of one:

What the hell is that grey streak?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Someone did a poor job squeegee-ing at the gas station!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Phanatic posted:

gonna guess a crack in the windshield of the vehicle the picture was taken from.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah was a crack in my windshield.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Colostomy Bag posted:

PSA: Folks, don't get a OWI/DUI. What an unfotunate adventure this has been. No wasn't me, another family member. No one was hurt thank god. The stress of not knowing the end result and thinking you failed as a parent.

Anyways, what an environment to be in. Amazing (well not really) how much is wrong on the internets trying to find answers on what really happens now that we basically know the end result. Quite an industry.

My biological dad is an alcoholic & lives in another state - after years of him getting pulled over or in wrecks from driving drunk, his license finally got taken away in like 2008. I know of at least a half dozen incidents from growing up around him (before my mom got remarried & we moved, thankfully) where he got into some serious accidents, whether it was with another car, going into a ditch, hitting a telephone pole, poo poo like that. He's the reason I rarely drink & never drive under the influence...that, plus when I was in high school he told my mom that I would "turn out just like him" & she'd never be able to stop it. So now my reasoning is two-fold, because I really don't care for drinking & would love to shove it right in his dumb loving face that I made a success of myself despite his insecurities, bullshit & attempts to get money from me.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Had some idiot lay in the horn at me for... turning on my blinker, slowing down and then turning. I'm not sure how much more I can telegraph my turn, you psychotic rear end in a top hat.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

sleepy.eyes posted:

Had some idiot lay in the horn at me for... turning on my blinker, slowing down and then turning. I'm not sure how much more I can telegraph my turn, you psychotic rear end in a top hat.

Feel ya there.

There is 1/3 of normal traffic in Tampa Bay, but 2/3 of the people driving are being total poo poo-heels about it. All the room in the world but you gotta ride my rear end in the right lane before crossing yellow at the last minute to cut me off at the off ramp.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Not sure what it is about the stay-at-home orders that seems to bring out all the assholes but there is some seriously terrible driving that has been going on this month.
I still have to go into work every other day and the people that are on the road all seem to be competing for biggest jerk.
I cruise in the middle lane, about 5 over and I still have people run right up on me and then try to change lanes to pass on the right, barely squeezing between my bumper and that of the car next to me which had to slam on the brakes to avoid being hit.

Dude, just get in the open left lane and do 100mph if you're in such a hurry. It's open and nobody gives a poo poo about you speeding right now. Stop trying to run people off the road.
This is like every loving day. What in the actual gently caress?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Police aren't enforcing speeding as strongly as they usually do to reduce social interaction. People have caught wind of this and think that means Mad Max rules apply. They're still going to pull people over for going 20+ over. But where that line is depends on the department.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

sleepy.eyes posted:

I had a super cool horn honking interaction myself just yesterday. I was turning off the main road onto my street but there were two people walking across it, in the crosswalk, and the guy behind me took such offense to me not running them over so he could get on with his way he had to cross the double yellow and blow his horn while passing me. Geez guy, alright. Next time I'll commit double vehicular homicide.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Not sure what it is about the stay-at-home orders that seems to bring out all the assholes but there is some seriously terrible driving that has been going on this month.
I still have to go into work every other day and the people that are on the road all seem to be competing for biggest jerk.
I cruise in the middle lane, about 5 over and I still have people run right up on me and then try to change lanes to pass on the right, barely squeezing between my bumper and that of the car next to me which had to slam on the brakes to avoid being hit.

Dude, just get in the open left lane and do 100mph if you're in such a hurry. It's open and nobody gives a poo poo about you speeding right now. Stop trying to run people off the road.
This is like every loving day. What in the actual gently caress?

The nice, decent, sane people are staying home. The only people going to work are a) those that have to and b) those with inflated egos that demand they go in.

Therefore it's not that there's more asshats, it's that there's less decent people to normalize them.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
These are the people you’re about to share a road with:

https://twitter.com/complex/status/1255634158916907009?s=21

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Alkydere posted:

The nice, decent, sane people are staying home. The only people going to work are a) those that have to and b) those with inflated egos that demand they go in.

Therefore it's not that there's more asshats, it's that there's less decent people to normalize them.

Truth. I drive for a living, driving is the whole point of what I do. Like, it says so on the side of my vehicle. The semi drivers are being cool, we still have that solidarity. The dick weeds in convoy driving Infinti's with fart cans, drifting sideways through traffic? What essential poo poo are they up to? Why the gently caress are the police not doing a drat thing? This whole episode is showing up how lawless people are willing to be and how useless the police are at stopping that. All they've done is pick up more side work at construction sites during this. Public workers, my rear end. Getting paid to sleep in the car.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

madeintaipei posted:

Why the gently caress are the police not doing a drat thing?

They're showing their colors and shying away from actually exposing themselves to risk. You can't just increase use of force until the coronavirus is compliant or dead so they're avoiding it altogether.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PT6A posted:

These are the people you’re about to share a road with:

https://twitter.com/complex/status/1255634158916907009?s=21

Not like a formal driving test is a rigorous barrier to entry anyway.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Protocol7 posted:

rigorous barrier to entry

Neither is not having wine to drink with your date. But would you rather serve water?

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
This actually seemed very stable. If the driver knew about it they didn't give any indications, happily cruising along at 75mph.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Dave Inc. posted:

This actually seemed very stable. If the driver knew about it they didn't give any indications, happily cruising along at 75mph.

An empty motorcycle trailer?

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Took a moment but then :catstare:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

-Zydeco- posted:

An empty motorcycle trailer?

Check the passenger side tire

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
What passenger side tire?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Passenger side sidewalls

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Geoj posted:

They're showing their colors and shying away from actually exposing themselves to risk. You can't just increase use of force until the coronavirus is compliant or dead so they're avoiding it altogether.

They clearly haven't seen me clean before.

People you share a parking lot with: pulled up to a nursing home with a wheelchair bound patient today and someone had parked directly in front of the handicap ramp. Who does that? The guy that yelled at me when asked to pull forward, got told by the receptionist to move, parked up, somehow couldn't back out of the spot in three tries, took pictures of my vehicle, all the while being berated by a very old stroke victim in a wheelchair, that's who.

Good thing he didn't start anything, she would have whupped his rear end.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

yamdankee posted:

Neither is not having wine to drink with your date. But would you rather serve water?

I don't know what your point is. Most people driving today would probably fail a driving test - hell, I probably would too. You should always drive as if the guy next to you is trying to kill you, because he probably is, he just doesn't know it yet.

I mean it's a dumb solution to a bad problem, don't get me wrong, but I don't think anyone in Georgia will see a spike in substantially worse driving.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

sleepy.eyes posted:

I had a dude years ago that flipped me off when I gave a little horn chirp at a light. It turned green & was solid for a good 4-5 seconds before I tapped the horn, at which point he looks up, then in his rearview mirror, flips me off & drives off. gently caress you too buddy, not sorry I interrupted you trolling Grindr for 10 minutes instead of paying attention or whatever the gently caress you were doing.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I don't know what your point is. Most people driving today would probably fail a driving test - hell, I probably would too. You should always drive as if the guy next to you is trying to kill you, because he probably is, he just doesn't know it yet.

I mean it's a dumb solution to a bad problem, don't get me wrong, but I don't think anyone in Georgia will see a spike in substantially worse driving.

Instead of making it so that you can get a full license without a test, which will presumably be valid for life, it would be more reasonable to say you can exercise the privileges of a full license with just a learner's permit, until such time as road tests can resume, if it's really necessary that people with learner's permits be able to drive on their own RIGHT NOW.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I had a dude years ago that flipped me off when I gave a little horn chirp at a light. It turned green & was solid for a good 4-5 seconds before I tapped the horn, at which point he looks up, then in his rearview mirror, flips me off & drives off. gently caress you too buddy, not sorry I interrupted you trolling Grindr for 10 minutes instead of paying attention or whatever the gently caress you were doing.

Had this happen to me just last week. Same situation, except this guy got mad just a few seconds later as he really loving stepped on it, pulled away, and flipped me off through the open sun roof.

Ok buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Years ago I had a similar situation. "No right turn on red" sign. Right arrow goes green. Driver in front of me goes nowhere.

I blip the horn.

SHE POINTS AT THE SIGN AND FINGER WAGS ME.

Cut up your license you daft old bluehaired gently caress. You clearly can't handle the hair raising speed of zero mph anymore.