Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Bridget and Mary Jo put out another Sherlock Holmes movie riff and I’ve got to wonder, what is the deal with stupid Watson? I guess he’s supposed to be comic relief but he’s just so dumb it isn’t funny.

By the way it's the current deal of the week with $2 off. I think it's a price mistake, because in their email they advertise a different discounted Sherlock Holmes riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think there's just a mixup somewhere because it isn't actually on sale if you go to the page but the other one is. Although clicking around on the site I definitely saw both advertised as the deal of the week.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I guess they fixed it, but it definitely was up for sale all morning:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Someone didn't back the Kickstarter! Or the code doesn't work anymore. Or you forgot. Or something else.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Here's a little added comedy for the Sherlock film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOV3fZLEs_0

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

By popular demand posted:

Dumb Watson is like the easiest trap a writer can fall into and it's played for the cheapest of laughs in all those Basil Rathbone films.

My favourite treatment is still the Jeremy Brett series (which you can find on youtube): Watson is the charismatic 'people person' to Serlock's cold a-social Intellect.

Michael Williams (and later Andrew Sachs) was a great Watson to Clive Merrison's Holmes in the BBC radio series.
Richard Earl is another great Watson, in Big Finish's audio series starring Nicholas Briggs as Holmes.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh poo poo it's time. Got an email from Kevin to start figuring out the jingle he's writing for my cat. Anyone in here who's in the cute thread of PYF Cat pics, yeah....Rexie's getting a theme song.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
New release: The Most Dangerous Game (1932) riffed by Mike, Kevin, & Bridget

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-most-dangerous-game

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So this isn't Rifftrax, but I thought it would be worth posting. There's a YouTube channel called Themed Alternative where they've been watching old Disney World TV specials, as riffed by Kevin Perjurer (Defunctland), Disney Dan and Nate Begle (who plays the MST3K tour version of Crow). The riffs appear to be improvised from watching it the first time around and they're cut up to 15-20-minute long clips, but they're really good. So far there are only four installments.

The Walt Disney World Opening Day Special, which features Jonathan Winters being terrible and never doing anything that has to do with Disney World itself.

The Space Mountain Opening Special, starring Lucie Arnez with Tommy Tune being completely awesome. It has very, very little to do with Space Mountain and also starts the worrying trend of tweens being really, really into 30-year-olds.

The Mouseketeers at Disney World, starring none of the famous Mouseketeers. Watch as they all hate each other and one runs away in shame, only for everything to be wrapped up at the end with no explanation.

The Walt Disney World Tenth Anniversary Special, starring a young Michael Keaton, but not nearly as young as they want you to believe.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Anybody see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqIhr4q2f0

Someone took bits and pieces from other Rifftrax commentaries and make their own version of Judge Dredd.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Someone didn't back the Kickstarter! Or the code doesn't work anymore. Or you forgot. Or something else.

Ohh I did back it. But they disabled the code!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm not opposed to more Bridget, but its weird to see three names and not have them be the same three names, you know?

I want more riffs by Connor and Sean

Mister Kingdom posted:

Anybody see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqIhr4q2f0

Someone took bits and pieces from other Rifftrax commentaries and make their own version of Judge Dredd.

This is surprisingly good.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Barudak posted:

I'm not opposed to more Bridget, but its weird to see three names and not have them be the same three names, you know?

I want more riffs by Connor and Sean

This is surprisingly good.

I love Bridget. Some of my favorite riffs are the two Grey's Anatomy episodes she and Mike did together. I really wish they would do more, that show has 16 seasons of bullshit they can use now, sort of like how they did the Game of Thrones pilot but also the Red Wedding from later on.

Agreed on Connor and Sean, though. Big Connor fan from 372 pages.

EDIT: The weirdest combination by far was Glitter, where it was Mike and.....Mary Jo? Don't get me wrong, that one was great, but definitely the weirdest pairing.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 25, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Glitter was during the early days when Mike did a lot of riffs with a guest like Neil Patrick Harris, "Weird" Al and Lowtax.

The Bill-less riff may be due to his wife being positive for Covid and not having the time/ability to work on other things.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax is working his way thru the cast to become a regular, one person at a time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While the new one was still good you can definitely tell they're doing something different with the recording as there's much less playing off each other as there used to be.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bill posted a few (4?) months ago about having a cancer biopsy, hopefully this abswnce isnt related. :(

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Another Bill posted:

Bill posted a few (4?) months ago about having a cancer biopsy, hopefully this abswnce isnt related. :(

He was quarantined due to his wife testing positive for COVID-19 recently. She has recovered, according to a recent tweet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

While the new one was still good you can definitely tell they're doing something different with the recording as there's much less playing off each other as there used to be.

Yeah, which is a bummer as thats always my favorite part.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If it keeps like this it will especially hurt the Bridget and MJ riffs because those are less like someone actively mocking a movie and more like you're just sitting in with two old friends having fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah I think thats the best description of their cadence. Like the running "so you went to prom" joke is just incredible

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Yeah, MJ and Bridget riffs are my favorites these days, because they're so chill and just seem to be having a good time being around each other.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Which Riffs do you rewatch most?

I always go back to their Harry Potter riffs since I have always disliked the HP movie and their mockery brings me extra joy.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Twilight because they're magically elevated from some of the worst garbage ever put to film to comedy gold.

One-offs we go with The Room, Willy Wonka, Titanic, or Hunger Games.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

NikkolasKing posted:

Any disaster movie. Especially if Leslie Nielsen is in it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the deadly necklace riff with Bridgette and other MJ.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

I always go back to their Harry Potter riffs since I have always disliked the HP movie and their mockery brings me extra joy.

Fun in Balloonland is great background listening for when I'm playing a game or something.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Gavok posted:

So this isn't Rifftrax, but I thought it would be worth posting. There's a YouTube channel called Themed Alternative where they've been watching old Disney World TV specials, as riffed by Kevin Perjurer (Defunctland), Disney Dan and Nate Begle (who plays the MST3K tour version of Crow). The riffs appear to be improvised from watching it the first time around and they're cut up to 15-20-minute long clips, but they're really good. So far there are only four installments.

The Walt Disney World Opening Day Special, which features Jonathan Winters being terrible and never doing anything that has to do with Disney World itself.

The Space Mountain Opening Special, starring Lucie Arnez with Tommy Tune being completely awesome. It has very, very little to do with Space Mountain and also starts the worrying trend of tweens being really, really into 30-year-olds.

The Mouseketeers at Disney World, starring none of the famous Mouseketeers. Watch as they all hate each other and one runs away in shame, only for everything to be wrapped up at the end with no explanation.

The Walt Disney World Tenth Anniversary Special, starring a young Michael Keaton, but not nearly as young as they want you to believe.

Remarkably wholesome. Thanks.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Any movie that takes place in the 70s

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I pretty much cycle through the entire VOD library, but my wife keeps asking to watch the one with Whizzo the Clown. Something about it is like a train wreck she can't stop going out of her way to see.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Paper Kaiju posted:

I pretty much cycle through the entire VOD library, but my wife keeps asking to watch the one with Whizzo the Clown. Something about it is like a train wreck she can't stop going out of her way to see.

Now you’ve got that to worry about.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

NikkolasKing posted:

I pretty much just sub to the Rifftrax Twitch channel and watch them there, but I find the most compelling riffs to be the ones for the most boring movies. I love Julie and Jack, The Last Slumber Party and Rollergator even though those would all be excruciating to sit through without the riffs.

Tourist Trap is a classic for me, but I love the movie without the riffs so maybe I'm biased.

e: Also any Lash LaRue movie.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I wish they would do more David DeCoteau movies. I love A Talking Cat?! and Santa's Summer House, but we just recently watched The Journey: Absolution which was also incredible. Bigfoot vs. D.B. Cooper would be fantastic.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i can watch "guy from harlem" all day

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
What the gently caress is Curse of Bigfoot? (watching that as I type this and struggling to comprehend its purpose)

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
The film is the Curse.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Rotor is the gold standard of 'put it on in the background.'

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Suburban Sasquatch is out now.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Just finished watching it.

Story, acting, special effects, and production values on the level of Birdemic. The riffing is good, too.

It's definitely more watchable than Rollergator, since you can at least occasionally hear the dialog, and there's no incessant guitar noodling over the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

They cut twenty minutes out. WHY WOULD YOU CUT TWENTY MINUTES FROM THIS KIND OF FILM