Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But also more hot.

No, that happens when they do the voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFzABv0xMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I kind of like this, but the style of animation is distracting character looks left, say a phrase, then swap looking right, another phrase. like the characters are cardboards and not 3d.

Sometimes I confuse Eternia with Eritrea.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tei posted:

Sometimes I confuse Eternia with Eritrea.

That's fair. I think He-Man even had a vehicle that looked a little like a technical.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
NEW TRAILER

https://twitter.com/DreamWorksSheRa/status/1255897200720318465?s=20

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I wonder how profitable this and Voltron are. I haven't been too tied into the current genre of sophisticated cartoons like Adventure Time and Steven Universe so I dont really know how well they do as IP in general.

Watching Voltron the first season was a clear attempt to follow the original formula and they quickly jettisoned it to tell and epic and far reaching saga in 7 seasons.

She-Ra being 5 seasons is I hope deliberate because aside from the typical "netflix cancels everything good" if they back away from the dreamworks collabs that's pretty dire for animated shows in general.

I'm still salty that Tuca and Bertie only got one season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
On the one hand I’d say Netflix still hasn’t learnt how to merchandise its shows, but on the other hand, Stranger Things.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Gonna be a long two weeks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The_Doctor posted:

On the one hand I’d say Netflix still hasn’t learnt how to merchandise its shows, but on the other hand, Stranger Things.

Animated shows often have trouble merchandising, because shelf-space in toy stores is expensive and so is producing toys.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://twitter.com/Gingerhazing/status/1194803234252054529?s=19

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

She-Ra being 5 seasons is I hope deliberate because aside from the typical "netflix cancels everything good" if they back away from the dreamworks collabs that's pretty dire for animated shows in general.

The show was greenlit for its full order from the start which seems to be how Netflix does the DreamWorks stuff.

Dragon Prince on the other hand seems to have hit the three season rule.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gonna be a long two weeks

We must be strong, we must be brave

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Chokes McGee posted:

We must be strong, we must be brave

[Skip Intro]

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
I know it's mostly died down now, but I got into an argument recently about how this show is just evil EssJayDubya feminazi propaganda, and it was kind of illuminating how they couldn't point out a single scene or plot point that supported the Dread Agenda when pressed, just the same "look at these character designs!" poo poo from two years ago. You'd think chuds would at least complain about the presence of gay or nonbinary characters, but the people who hate this show not only haven't watched it, they seem to know literally nothing about it.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Asgerd posted:

I know it's mostly died down now, but I got into an argument recently about how this show is just evil EssJayDubya feminazi propaganda, and it was kind of illuminating how they couldn't point out a single scene or plot point that supported the Dread Agenda when pressed, just the same "look at these character designs!" poo poo from two years ago. You'd think chuds would at least complain about the presence of gay or nonbinary characters, but the people who hate this show not only haven't watched it, they seem to know literally nothing about it.

I heard about it at work from some guy who seems to have gone all in on Netflix since COVID-19. Weirdly, I don't think he's "online" in his politics otherwise, just bog-standard reactionary. The argument was still broadly the same, "liberals are trying to indoctrinate kids into voting Democrat and being gay." The biggest difference is that he blames John Kerry for somehow being involved instead of nondescript SJW's.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

The_Doctor posted:

[Skip Intro]

Didn't know we had monsters in this thread.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

Didn't know we had monsters in this thread.

I... I too, am a monster. The song does nothing for me.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Grammarchist posted:

I heard about it at work from some guy who seems to have gone all in on Netflix since COVID-19. Weirdly, I don't think he's "online" in his politics otherwise, just bog-standard reactionary. The argument was still broadly the same, "liberals are trying to indoctrinate kids into voting Democrat and being gay." The biggest difference is that he blames John Kerry for somehow being involved instead of nondescript SJW's.

Has Kerry done anything noteworthy since '04?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am only watching this for the science fiction and super chill values.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I watch this show exclusively for Entrapta and Scorpia. And also the gay agenda.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And yet they still won’t give Bow a love interest. :argh:

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

The_Doctor posted:

When Voltron came out I was shocked that action figures where not going to be out in time for Christmas. How do you not plan a toy launch in time for Christmas when making a Voltron show?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

I... I too, am a monster. The song does nothing for me.

In our house the theme song goes like this:

"We're on the edge of greatneeeee-ONG!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Asgerd posted:

Chuds live and die by an idea that the world is a homogenous set of circumstances and experiences identical to their own and any portrayal or depiction of something other then that is a deliberate attempt to exterminate their culture.

Actual reality isn't something they bother to check up on.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

In our house the theme song goes like this:

"We're on the edge of greatneeeee-ONG!"

Yeah, I normally never skip intros, but She-Ra's theme song is not good.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sighing as I must once again manually skip past this child's show 12 second introduction

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I am just funning. I hold you all in ehhhhhhhh... middling-to-high esteem?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i skip ducktales intro, shera's had no chance

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

VanSandman posted:

Animated shows often have trouble merchandising, because shelf-space in toy stores is expensive and so is producing toys.

And toy stores are a REAL bitch about it, triply so for girl-oriented franchises. Even My Little Pony had distributors threatening to not carry the line if the centrepiece pony wasn't pink.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Has Kerry done anything noteworthy since '04?

The Iran Nuclear Deal is probably what kept the guy in question angry. The guy who was complaining thinks Mermista is Muslim.

In other business, I kinda like the opening song because it's short and only demands like two things of me.

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 1, 2020

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If you're not skipping every scene that doesn't have Scorpia in it you're not a true She-Ra fan.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Pyrotoad posted:

If you're not skipping every scene that doesn't have Sea Hawk in it you're not a true She-Ra fan.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pyrotoad posted:

If you're not skipping every scene that doesn't have Scorpia in it you're not a true She-Ra fan.

Way to erase Double Trouble TERF

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Elephant Ambush posted:

Way to erase Double Trouble TERF

Double Trouble can disguise themselves as Scorpia at any time so they're technically safe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pyrotoad posted:

Double Trouble can disguise themselves as Scorpia at any time so they're technically safe.

Fair.

I wonder if DT will be in season 5. I hope so.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Elephant Ambush posted:

I wonder if DT will be in season 5.

*Duchovnously* How could you ever prove they were not, Skully?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Is it bad that I want Double Trouble and Clayface (specifically from the new Harley Quinn show) to hang out and compare ACTING notes?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

oh but seriously I posted:

*Duchovnously* How could you ever prove they were not, Skully?

:hmmyes:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, I normally never skip intros, but She-Ra's theme song is not good.

Its the closest thing to a 90s Sat Morning cartoon intro currently in production.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just finished what is on my netflix, and now I wants for more.

I don't know if is global or only local (I think the next seasson for me is the 3th). I am not starved enough to check, I can wait.

I wish Cathia and Antonia where friends again, they made some sweet BFF. Obviously not what this whole thing is about, but he!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Is it bad that I want Double Trouble and Clayface (specifically from the new Harley Quinn show) to hang out and compare ACTING notes?

How do you know they're not the same person?