Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

All right, who wants to play backseat mod with me? Here's Jose's list, with my additions:
Half scum, half town. As a list of targets for a 3P killer, which we already knew Liger was, it's good game design... except it's only targeting one of the two scumgroups. There's three options here:
  • Believe a 3P killer would not be required to get a kill from at least one of each alignment
  • Decide Jose is lying
  • Decide PQ is a Death Eater
Two of these three options basically mandate an execution.
Which option do you think is correct? You laid them out without offering your opinion.
Given the information Jose has presented, I'm cautiously believing him.
I am very town and not a death eater.
So the only option that can be true is option 1.

Jose can you confirm Leith roleblocked you last night?
If so, that means between Andy,Kash,Humalong, and TT , one(or 2) of them is scum and did the Kill last night.

Preview edit:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Used my hat on Leith. He's Gryffindor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, he’s a Gryffindor.
Can you actually do me a favor? Here's everyone left in their game, their flavor claim, and claimed house. I starred the two who I know you've house-confirmed, can you go through and star anyone else you've confirmed? I don't remember all your results and you have a lot of posts, I don't want to dig through 'em.

CapnAndy - Ravenclaw (Cho Chang) *
Jose Valasquez - Gryffindor (Percy Weasley)
Kashuno - Ravenclaw (Moaning Mertyle)
Leith Maclaine - Gryffindor (Dumbledore) *
Mr. Humalong - Non-House (Peeves)
Pussy Quipped - Slytherin (Snape)
Tom Tucker - Unknown/Non-House (Moody)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pussy Quipped posted:

Which option do you think is correct? You laid them out without offering your opinion.
I assure you, if I had a guess, I'd have included it. I think Jose is telling the truth, but assuming motives for the mod is risky as hell. I want people to debate it with me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Can you actually do me a favor? Here's everyone left in their game, their flavor claim, and claimed house. I starred the two who I know you've house-confirmed, can you go through and star anyone else you've confirmed? I don't remember all your results and you have a lot of posts, I don't want to dig through 'em.

CapnAndy - Ravenclaw (Cho Chang) *
Jose Valasquez - Gryffindor (Percy Weasley)
Kashuno - Ravenclaw (Moaning Mertyle)
Leith Maclaine - Gryffindor (Dumbledore) *
Mr. Humalong - Non-House (Peeves)
Pussy Quipped - Slytherin (Snape)
Tom Tucker - Unknown/Non-House (Moody)

Those are the only two still alive that I used my hat on. I was going to use it on Jose the night he stole it, which he can apparently do in addition to having a 1-shot vig and whatever else he claimed in that giant, elaborate fakeclaim post.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Those are the only two still alive that I used my hat on. I was going to use it on Jose the night he stole it, which he can apparently do in addition to having a 1-shot vig and whatever else he claimed in that giant, elaborate fakeclaim post.

He learned Accio with me in the room of requirement.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

He learned Accio with me in the room of requirement.

Did you have a night action before going in the RoR?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yes, and I taught it to everyone in there.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Feel free to point out anything I'm missing but

Kashuno, Humalong, Andy, TT - 1 of these people did the night kill

The only scenario where this cant be true is if Leith and jose are both death eaters and have concocted an elaborate fake claim and are also bussing each other.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Jose Valasquez (1): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine

Not Voting (6): CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Pussy Quipped, Tom Tucker

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

votefinder posted:

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Probably a deadline on Friday night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

The only scenario where this cant be true is if Leith and jose are both death eaters and have concocted an elaborate fake claim and are also bussing each other.

Well I know it wasn't me. I delivered yarn to the house elves.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

Walk me through the logic of why it can't be you, Leith, or Joe?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

ps Jose your name is Joe now I guess!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

Jose can you confirm Leith roleblocked you last night?
If so, that means between Andy,Kash,Humalong, and TT , one(or 2) of them is scum and did the Kill last night.

My wand was in a different spot when I woke up, which is consistent with what Leith has claimed. I didn’t try to cast any spells though.

Has anyone ever been successfully blocked from doing something by Leith?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

The three of us were all doing something else last night.

I stole the hat from Jose
Jose was roleblocked
Leith roleblocked jose.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

PQ stole from me, Leith “roleblocked” me, I was “roleblocked”

Unless scum can do multiple night actions the three of us were busy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Well, I trust me and humalong. Of the two I think I'd rather kill TT.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno doesn't have any night actions any more right? Only got to destroy so many people's things?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Jose Valasquez posted:

PQ stole from me, Leith “roleblocked” me, I was “roleblocked”

Unless scum can do multiple night actions the three of us were busy.

I still think Jose may be a ghost that I blocked from doing a kill but I agree he didn't do the killing curse that got zz.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

Notably absent from my list is Dumbledore, which is what first set off my suspicions of Leith. He is the only person that has claimed to be a target that was not on my list. On D2 when he first claimed I thought for sure he was either the actual launcher, or scum pretending to be a launcher target. Once Kash claimed Leith was 100% town I took a step back, I thought Kash was soft-claiming something stronger than “I saw him roleblock Sci” so I backed off, after rereading my flavor I realized that it is hinted at that there could be additional targets.

Jose why do you think you would be given an incomplete list?

It seems weird to give you a win condition of : Protect these people ( But also there may be more people you have to protect but you wont know)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Kashuno doesn't have any night actions any more right? Only got to destroy so many people's things?

I can still destroy things but I got the reward for doing it already so I stopped because it no longer is beneficial

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

Jose why do you think you would be given an incomplete list?

It seems weird to give you a win condition of : Protect these people ( But also there may be more people you have to protect but you wont know)
Part of my win condition was to stop LIGER, the list was just a deadline and flavor reason to do it. Extra people would lengthen the deadline but not knowing who they are makes it harder to save them specifically, it's a balance tradeoff.

I don't know for sure that there were additional people, the flavor was ambiguous enough that it is possible (the list was torn from a page), but it could also be ambiguous to make me paranoid. After LIGER died I didn't give it a whole lot of thought, it was clear that scum could be targets and I find Leith scummy regardless of whether or not he is lying, but if Leith is telling the truth then ~*~balance reasons~*~ would be my guess for why.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I straight up has a haste potion stolen which would allow scum to do exactly that - two things in one night. Leith could easily gotten it somehow and used it as cover by saying how could he have rbed and killed? Just like that! Assuming scum team symmetry we have a death eater roleblocker flipped but no ghost role blocker, and Leith has a dozen reasons he’s suspicious outside this which I can’t dig into on my phone.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Humalong posted:

If this is asking whether or not we were able to perform a night action other than entering the RoR on the night we went into the RoR then the answer is no. RoR was our night action

If you are asking if PQ knew any spells before going into the RoR the answer is:

Pussy Quipped posted:

Yes, and I taught it to everyone in there.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

I straight up has a haste potion stolen which would allow scum to do exactly that - two things in one night. Leith could easily gotten it somehow and used it as cover by saying how could he have rbed and killed? Just like that! Assuming scum team symmetry we have a death eater roleblocker flipped but no ghost role blocker, and Leith has a dozen reasons he’s suspicious outside this which I can’t dig into on my phone.

We know of two haste potions that were in the game and we had what appears to be two double-kill nights (actually 3)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mr. Humalong posted:

We know of two haste potions that were in the game and we had what appears to be two double-kill nights (actually 3)

Who had the other haste potion?

These are only potential explanations, there could be more, but there looked to be a real weird attempt brewing to rule out three people from doing the night kill, and even then it would be foolish because that doesn't mean they aren't scum.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

The argument against Leith being the ghost roleblocker is that the sorting hat said he is Gryffindor. To that I say, Leith is scummy as hell all game and we've never seen the sorting hat actually catch anyone. House results might be a red herring and the sword is the real power of the hat (if ghosts are taking over the bodies of real people who is to say how the hat would respond), maybe it works on ghosts and not deatheaters, maybe it works on deatheaters and not ghosts. :iiam: (<-- not a ghost claim for the record :v:)

Leith could also be lying about what his ability does, the only people he has "roleblocked" have been:

Leith Maclaine posted:

My targets so far

N1 - Sci
N2 - None
N3 - Amni
N4 - Ligor
N5 - Amni

Sci - died and couldn't confirm, although Kashuno saw something
Nobody
Amni - Who claimed vanilla
Liger - Who died and couldn't confirm
Amni - Again, vanilla

Leith Maclaine posted:

I roleblocked Miku and we get killing curses in the night kills again.

Miku, who died and couldn't confirm
Me, who he may trying to frame, he spent a LOT of time talking about how Amni was probably scum because of the number of kills when he "blocked" him and we know how that turned out.

Not a single person who can confirm that Leith is actually roleblocking.
Leith are you using wands for nefarious purposes?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I thought on it and I don't believe Jose. There are just too many holes or inconsistencies in the story, many of which have been pointed out. On top of that, if his "mission" is done and now he's a regular townie, the whole big claim post feels performative. Again if he is a townie stealing the hat seems like a scummy move - again unless Hum is scum. I'm open to this idea as well, the hat seems like a primarily ghost-hunting tool, I can see a scenario where each scum team has a tool that helps them against the other team while appearing ostensibly townish. It's possible the ghosts still have it or it died with one of the three dead. Again just a theory for now wanted to get it out - back to Jose.

I don't think Jose was there to stop Liger, I think he was there to help Liger, as a kind of SK sympathizer. Liger's goal, if it is as Jose described it, seemed drat hard, especially because it's clear the targets were given warning that they were under threat. Then even worse Liger would have to FIND them - and that's where Jose's claimed power comes in, it's exactly the tool a target-based SK would need to get the job done. I suspect Jose had some mechanism of helping Liger, maybe even communicating with him, though sympathizers generally don't know who the SK is, but I think Jose may have based on this day 1 post:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Why are you white knighting for Liger?!? Hmm????

I agree with this post though

If Liger knew he had support in the town this could be Jose trying to signal it.

Later Hal says E+ and Liger are good launch targets and Jose replies:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Why? You haven't posted about either of them except for a joke(?) vote on Liger

I make a case on Liger and Jose responds with a point by point rebuttal in the form of trying to turn suspicion on to me, again protecting his partner and signalling to Liger.

I think when the writing was on the wall Jose killed Liger, knowing he was dead already, to try to get townie cred. In reality Jose is a sympathizer who has taken up the SK mantle, then has either been one of the parties doing killing curses / strangles when we have had double flavor kills, or has been roleblocked, as we have claimed last night.

In summary:

1) Liger's role seems hard enough with two scum teams and not knowing who his targets are, basically shooting blind and hoping not to get killed or roleblocked by all the abilities going on.
2) The thing Liger would need the most is the exact thing Jose has - a flavor cop to look for targets.
3) Jose appears to be signalling significantly to Liger during day 1.
4) Jose's massive claim appears performative, giving us no new information except for claiming the kill on Liger. I suspect this is by design, he is relying on this to appear townie despite admitting to having a pistol like Liger.
5) Jose's actions do not appear to be in the town interest. Why steal the hat? My theory is because he knows it could expose him. He has no other options for a fake claim because it was revealed to those in the room of requirement.

##vote Jose if I am right that is one less kill source for the night which is critical if two other scum teams still exist.

Hum sorry for the driveby there - it just struck me that that ability is so much better for finding one scum group than the other (Peter Pettigrew would be a gryffindor, the town cop would be slytherine, it's only really useful for narrowing down ghosts) which makes me wonder if the scum teams weren't given corresponding legs up in this way.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that we have two scum groups and no evidence of a serial killer?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I literally mention a side theory I have in the post about other scum teams.

I think we have little to no evidence because you manufactured it that way - starting with your kill of Liger.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hm. I think this strongly risks me being killed if Jose is voted out and flips scum but ##vote TT

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What are the holes or inconsistencies in my claim that have been pointed out? PQ confirmed that I knew he was a target and that I gave him something to help, why would I do that if I was helping LIGER kill people?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah I’m not seeing it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

I make a case on Liger and Jose responds with a point by point rebuttal in the form of trying to turn suspicion on to me, again protecting his partner and signalling to Liger.
:lol: your "case" was poo poo, it was based on LIGER clicking someone's profile. It was a garbage D1 case and I'd call it garbage again.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This is my "point by point breakdown" of TT's "case"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920050&userid=77039&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post504235445

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Man remember day 1? poo poo was wild

I was convinced merk was scum

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Pussy Quipped posted:

Yeah I’m not seeing it.

Thanks super helpful - how about you let us know who we should launch?

Jose Valasquez posted:

:lol: your "case" was poo poo, it was based on LIGER clicking someone's profile. It was a garbage D1 case and I'd call it garbage again.

My case was both good and correct. I nailed the SK based on scummy behavior day 1 and the fact that you're so annoyed by it still when based on your claim I did your job for you! You're welcome!

It was a gut call based on how I thought scum would behave and I was right, I expanded the case later on.

Yeah whatever happened to that - you threw all this shade at me and I don't even remember if you mentioned me again. I still think it was signalling Liger.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose let me ask you this - what was gained by your claim?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
TT feels suddenly very aggressive and very attentive this game day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Man remember day 1? poo poo was wild

I was convinced merk was scum

Day 1 was two real life weeks ago, which is like 100 years in hellworld time.

Tom Tucker posted:

Thanks super helpful - how about you let us know who we should launch?

My case was both good and correct. I nailed the SK based on scummy behavior day 1 and the fact that you're so annoyed by it still when based on your claim I did your job for you! You're welcome!

It was a gut call based on how I thought scum would behave and I was right, I expanded the case later on.

Yeah whatever happened to that - you threw all this shade at me and I don't even remember if you mentioned me again. I still think it was signalling Liger.

I think maybe we should launch you??