Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moon Slayer posted:

I put this post together for the funny quotes thread a while back but it's relevant now and definitely a saga:

(He's selling drugs)

His last update was on August 22, 2010. A few days later ...

[/quote]

TCC's harm reduction is real but it comes from having people who might use drugs read posts like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's playing SS13 as intended

It's eating mystery floorpills in real life that is dumb and bad and worthy of derision.

Sounds like you're just jealous you've never found any floor pills :birddrugs:

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

purple death ray posted:

The chipmunks movie from the 80s I believe. I watched it constantly as a kid and tbh there are a disturbing amount of panty shots as well as a musical number with the girl chipmunks in belly dancer outfits

I remember one of the first examples of a "furry" that seems to have been fairly well-known/widespread was this old dude who was really, really into the girl chipmunk from rescue rangers. he was not a goon (at least I don't think), just some guy who was in it to win it on usergroups

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

weed cat posted:

I remember one of the first examples of a "furry" that seems to have been fairly well-known/widespread was this old dude who was really, really into the girl chipmunk from rescue rangers. he was not a goon (at least I don't think), just some guy who was in it to win it on usergroups

Quozl? He was really well known for stalking the poo poo out of VA’s for stuff like Tiny Toons, to the point they wouldn’t have meet and greets and whatnot within a certain distance of where he lived.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

weed cat posted:

OH DUDE is he the one who made the little silly putty sculpture of her lifting weights with her vag hanging out? And made his immigrant wife sew a quilt of her?! Why are you making me remember this?!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

is that the dude who stalked the voice actor or was that a different creep on a different tiny toons character

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Wasnt he like a thirty year old whose mom was completely in on the stalking too?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I get the feeling we might be conflating two or three different creeps here.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

someone else can defile their google history trying to find it. in the mean time let's welcome back user lungfish, whose 100k probe is up in 15 hrs. party in GBS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miss posted:

is that the dude who stalked the voice actor or was that a different creep on a different tiny toons character

different creep

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

You might say that memories of those different people are creeping together.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Pick posted:

OH DUDE is he the one who made the little silly putty sculpture of her lifting weights with her vag hanging out? And made his immigrant wife sew a quilt of her?! Why are you making me remember this?!

At first I thought you were talking about that furry sex doll that had bones inside of it, but then I remembered that was of Sally Acorn.

You know, one day, I'm gonna be able to remember useful information. One day. :smithicide:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ExplodingSims posted:

At first I thought you were talking about that furry sex doll that had bones inside of it, but then I remembered that was of Sally Acorn.

You know, one day, I'm gonna be able to remember useful information. One day. :smithicide:
I have a memory of a Russian fan group of the Rescue Rangers squirrel from the mid 2000s with a meetup and everything. Why? Why is that in my head?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CannonFodder posted:

I have a memory of a Russian fan group of the Rescue Rangers squirrel from the mid 2000s with a meetup and everything. Why? Why is that in my head?

Gadget Hackwrench, and she was a mouse, if that helps your googling

I remember the pics you are talking about I think... there was a "wedding"?

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Gadget Hackwrench, and she was a mouse, if that helps your googling

I remember the pics you are talking about I think... there was a "wedding"?

that's ringing a bell. mostly i'm thinking of a dude with big ol' glasses and an ancient yellowed plastic CRT monitor computer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

chip chip chip chip n dale's mmorpg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Moon Slayer posted:

They are.

Quozl or whatever his name was an OG furry who stalked Tress MacNeille while Tiny Toons was on the air. His picture is somewhere on the web and he looks exactly how you'd expect an obese furry basement dweller who stalked a Tiny Toons VA would look.

There was another dude, who wasn't a furry, who counted the panty shots in the Chipmunks movie in a GBS thread they made because 2004 GBS was a place you did weird things like that for goon cred. IIRC nobody assumed he was actually doing it for a turn on so all he got was a big red custom title about how he counted the panty shots in the Chipmunks movie.

Also around 2004 a bunch of Russians were photographed carrying around a poster of Gadget from Rescue Rangers in what was either mockery of an Orthodox Christian religious procession or a weird furry version of it.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 1, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They are.

Quozl or whatever his name was an OG furry who stalked Tress MacNeille while Tiny Toons was on the air. His picture is somewhere on the web and he looks exactly how you'd expect an obese furry basement dweller who stalked a Tiny Toons VA would look.

There was another dude, who wasn't a furry, who counted the panty shots in the Chipmunks movie in a GBS thread they made because 2004 GBS was a place you did weird things like that for goon cred. IIRC nobody assumed he was actually doing it for a turn on so all he got was a big red custom title about how he counted the panty shots in the Chipmunks movie.

Also around 2004 a bunch of Russians were photographed carrying around a poster of Gadget from Rescue Rangers in what was either mockery of an Orthodox Christian religious procession or a weird furry version of it.

if I recall the Gadget thing was some weird real thing that grew up separate from furries... like, the fact that she was a mouse was incidental, they were legitimately hot for the character.

fake edit: found this from 2018 oh god I'm too high to look into this abyss
https://medium.com/@thefandome/gadget-hackwrench-religion-or-how-a-fandom-reborn-into-a-cult-c66050342d64

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

if I recall the Gadget thing was some weird real thing that grew up separate from furries... like, the fact that she was a mouse was incidental, they were legitimately hot for the character.

fake edit: found this from 2018 oh god I'm too high to look into this abyss
https://medium.com/@thefandome/gadget-hackwrench-religion-or-how-a-fandom-reborn-into-a-cult-c66050342d64

i mean, guys, the mouse is thicc

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

TCC's harm reduction is real but it comes from having people who might use drugs read posts like this

that's, non-ironically, a large chunk of what harm reduction is. it's not just educating people on how to do drugs properly, it's also educating people on what the drugs will do to them (both short and long-term) and having a resource like TCC, that's basically a huge trove of firsthand accounts of how heroin/meth/coke/benzos have hosed people up, is genuinely valuable

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

that's, non-ironically, a large chunk of what harm reduction is. it's not just educating people on how to do drugs properly, it's also educating people on what the drugs will do to them (both short and long-term) and having a resource like TCC, that's basically a huge trove of firsthand accounts of how heroin/meth/coke/benzos have hosed people up, is genuinely valuable

So instead of archives or the gold mine we should have something special for those TCC threads.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Which is notably a huge contrast to the vast majority of mainstream anti-drug propaganda, which tends to be hilariously inaccurate and/or flat out lying about what drugs do, which means even the kids who believe it tend to realise when they actually meet someone who smokes pot and they're not a rage zombie that everything they've been taught was a lie.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Which is notably a huge contrast to the vast majority of mainstream anti-drug propaganda, which tends to be hilariously inaccurate and/or flat out lying about what drugs do, which means even the kids who believe it tend to realise when they actually meet someone who smokes pot and they're not a rage zombie that everything they've been taught was a lie.

Pot is weird because in my lifetime it's gone from "this drug will ruin your life" to an otc commodity not that much different then alcohol.

I mean, alcohol can still ruin your life too, its just we were taught in school that weed was somehow 100x worse.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Sounds like you're just jealous you've never found any floor pills :birddrugs:

I once found a bag of pills on the floor of a club in London once. Super happy times, you'd think.

Turns out, they were my own pills that i'd lost earlier in the night, but not realised i'd lost.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

pentyne posted:

I mean, alcohol can still ruin your life too, its just we were taught in school that weed was somehow 100x worse.
Because none of the crusty white dipshits in charge can make money off of it, so they don't want it around.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dell_Zincht posted:

I once found a bag of pills on the floor of a club in London once. Super happy times, you'd think.

Turns out, they were my own pills that i'd lost earlier in the night, but not realised i'd lost.

That qualifies as happy times IMO. I’m happy when I find a beer that got pushed to the back of the fridge.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

goatsestretchgoals posted:

That qualifies as happy times IMO. I’m happy when I find a beer that got pushed to the back of the fridge.

Or some cash you left in a coat pocket that you find after you've long forgotten you lost it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Inceltown posted:

Or some cash you left in a coat pocket that you find after you've long forgotten you lost it.

I found a wallet I thought I'd lost behind some bricks near my shed once, had $300 in it. Also a bunch of cards I'd canceled and a spider.

It was great, I took the cash and cards and put it back, let the spider keep on keeping on.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because none of the crusty white dipshits in charge can make money off of it, so they don't want it around.

Lol, i assure you, full legalization will have the old white men regulating that industry right into their own pockets.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Lol, i assure you, full legalization will have the old white men regulating that industry right into their own pockets.

Everybody wins!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

John Boehner is already on the board of a cannabis company and legalization advocates actualy campaigned against the legalization referendum in Ohio a few years ago because it was written to where it would've essentially been a cartel with only 10 or so businesses and farms allowed to operate coincidentally all tied to already wealthy businessmen. Nothing is beyond the reach of the capitalist establishment. Nothing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Oh they're gonna do it now, sure, after Colorado has made swimming pools of money off the sale and taxation of it. I just meant that's why they were so adamantly against it before.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I’m an old school stoner but I will straight up buy a pack of Marlboro Greens from a 7-11 on my way home.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

I’m an old school stoner but I will straight up buy a pack of Marlboro Greens from a 7-11 on my way home.

I've been waiting to live in the beginning scene of Layer Cake my whole life.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

I only smoke Camel Highs.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is this Zack person thats the rapist, also the goon who told the miscarriage lady that her "poison womb is making heaven crowded"?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

wesleywillis posted:

Is this Zack person thats the rapist, also the goon who told the miscarriage lady that her "poison womb is making heaven crowded"?

That's Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, unrelated.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I really always hated that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

me too. unbaptised children aren't eligible for heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Wisdom