Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love when this Manga makes me go :wtc:

Denji is worries about Power. That's so sweet. :) And I for one expect Denji to kill the puppets regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah that has to be something like she bonded with the bow&arrow devil, or more the hunter devil - fear of being hunted is a thing too

Also I enjoy that antagonists repeatedly make the mistake of underestimating Denji's willingness to rip and tear

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Excited to see Quanxi back in action since I'm curious about what her deal is. She was referred to as the first human devil hunter this chapter but she looks like a devil/human hybrid like Denji or Reze.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm guessing like Denji, she started off human but bonded with a devil partner at some point.

Ultimate wild take: She was human until 5 minutes ago, and unnamed-stabby-fiend is the devil form of the one holding the head.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
RIP Quanxi's harem.

Did Denji not wonder about what happened to Aki?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Darth TNT posted:

I love when this Manga makes me go :wtc:

Denji is worries about Power. That's so sweet. :) And I for one expect Denji to kill the puppets regardless.

Denji and Power are the best doofus bros :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, that's wild. Bow(?) Devil looks dope as hell.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, we have it even more confirmed that Makima's spying on everyone. Which... is interesting with the earlier context. Not unfitting, to be clear. But interesting.

All the way back in chapter 2 she sent Denji off to kill a demon by himself. Now, with her powers, that's not so odd. If he pulled anything she didn't like, then she'd know and be able to take him down without difficulty. He killed the demon and saved a small child, so he's able to do the job, and she was content to keep him around on a leash. All nice and neat.

Except that in that chapter, he tries to run, and only stays because the devil he offered to work with turned out to be plotting to kill him and the kid. Makima likes him and keeps him around anyway, calling him a "useful dog".

Initially, I thought that made her a liar, but reviewing the chapter, she hadn't said anything yet about trying to run. Just that useless dogs got put down.

Moreover, we've all generally talked about Makima threatening to kill Denji, but that isn't quite how it happened either. She does tell him he'll be put down, but it's presented as official policy, not a personal decision. In fact, the one scene we see with her bosses, they're the ones saying not to get attached. It seems like she's the devil's advocate, if anything.

Obviously, that's far from saying she's a good person (that's what Aki says, and Aki's not exactly reliable on those counts.). Just that the more information we have, the tougher it is to guess at the exact ratios on "Makima does bad things for the greater good" vs. "Makima's does bad things because she's plotting something even worse" and "Makima cares about Denji as a person" vs. "Makima's using Denji like Santa used Tolka."

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 28, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its going to turn out since Senji agreed to be her dog she can spy through him.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its going to turn out since Senji agreed to be her dog she can spy through him.

Oh poo poo, this would be incredible and on point.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I like Chainsaw Man because it has such "adapt this into an anime you fucks, loving try it, I dare you" energy.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm gonna have multiple woman fighting naked. Adapt that anime!
Let's have a character graphically puking into the mouth of another one. Adapt that anime!
Darkness Devil.... Just Darkness Devil. Adapt that anime!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
If there's an adaptation of Dorohedoro, Chainsaw Man can get one as well.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing that sucks is that Denji's Chainsaw Devil form almost guarantees it'll be CG.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Lobster posted:

If there's an adaptation of Dorohedoro, Chainsaw Man can get one as well.
That took almost 20 years since it debuted. to even get green-flagged. That it ended up as rad as it did (warts and all) is a minor goddamn miracle.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

The only thing that sucks is that Denji's Chainsaw Devil form almost guarantees it'll be CG.
It doesn't necessarily need to be CG. You'd just need to have someone give it the Mob Psycho 100 treatment.

I can almost imagine Denji's awakening animated and it needs to be this feat of big-rear end energy combining rear end-kicking animation and a voice actor going absolutely ham, especially with the WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! madboi laughs Denji lets out.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wark Say posted:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! madboi laughs Denji lets out.

Oh man, Denji is pretty close to a Ork huh.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I would LOVE to see Darkness Devil animated. Bisected astronaut red carpet yes

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Just binged like the entire series in 2-3 sittings. Chainsawman is good, the Darkness Devil is good, Makima is bad.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The future?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Just binged like the entire series in 2-3 sittings. Chainsawman is good, the Darkness Devil is good, Makima is bad.

The good kind of bad?

Answer carefully.

Makima kann dich hören.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I know Aki is destined for a gruesome death, of his own making, but it is hard not to feel bad for the guy. He seems to genuinely care about the others in the group

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I have to admit a death being so bad that a devil that's known to demand a steep price to use its powers (when we'd already seen a devil demand that you start losing body parts to tap into its abilities, to the point of killing the person) just say "Oh man free powers no downsides, I just want to see your crazy death" sets a really high bar, and I'm intrigued to see how that turns out.

It will even have that extra layer of sadness when he sees it coming a little bit ahead of time but will presumably be powerless to stop it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

The good kind of bad?

Answer carefully.

Makima kann dich hören.

She is the good kind of bad, and possibly the bad kind of good.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/tYXvsgo

speedscan

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Wait, is Denji going to power up by drinking gasoline? That's pretty clev- never mind, it's way better than that."

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Well

uh

huh

:stare:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't stop imagining the final page in the tone of that famous Devil May Cry cutscene

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Denji is the smartest idiot ever.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sindai posted:

I can't stop imagining the final page in the tone of that famous Devil May Cry cutscene

I cackled when I read it, thinking of the exact same scene!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Beautiful brain on that boy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Confirmed that Denji has McNinja blood somewhere in his ancestry :cawg:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Become an idiot Chainsaw.
:v: Way ahead of you, now what?

He is getting a lot better at using his powers. Beam would be proud.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Absolutely flawless logic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Denji's brain is so powerful

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
:every applause reaction gif:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This manga tops itself each week

I havent thought about this is a very long time
thank you

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Who could have known that Denji was a Paladin this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh man I hurt myself laughing at that chapter. This manga is the best.

:supaburn::unsmigghh::supaburn: