Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want one of those stacked keyboard setups right now, but for the keyboards for my work and personal computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

seriously that 30, 45m on the couch does wonders for the rest of my day

ive done a few of those with my dog curled up next to me and its super refreshing. ill do a light lunch after and i feel pretty chill and productive

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

wfh made me realize how much time i just spend tracking what everyone else in my team is doing. constant teams telcos to keep track of everyone

I am not the manager of the team, or lead in any way (i know this because im not being paid enough to do this poo poo and my title)

this especially becomes clear whenever we hold our 2-week sprints and i somehow became the one in charge:

1. We are not a software team
2. I am not a software developer
4. I do not have any project manager training
5. People have un-ironically begun to call me THE SCRUM MASTER - especially people outside my team who we deliver analysis to, and who have no idea what the gently caress it means besides "Guy who does this thing we need to get done"
6. We are not doing sprints
7. We are simply using jira as a checklist of poo poo we need to do and/or are doing

somehow I'm the one in charge of all this poo poo, due to the fact that im the only one who sat down and spent 10 mins to figure out how jira works

I learned that you should ask if anyone is getting blocked and if people believe they have enough to do until next sprint.

i think I'm ready for the big leagues now

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I want one of those stacked keyboard setups right now, but for the keyboards for my work and personal computers
Why don't you just use barrier or synergy?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this. drink a pot of coffee, slam monster energy drinks around noon, pile on some ultra spicy thai food, pop adderall, go go go go go go go go

This only unironically and Indian rather than Thai?

:shrug:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm using quarantine to try to shake my 1 to 2 red bull per day habit

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

Why don't you just use barrier or synergy?

work and personal equipment can’t mix

well, except for monitors; they’re allowing personal ones for now

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

refleks posted:

wfh made me realize how much time i just spend tracking what everyone else in my team is doing. constant teams telcos to keep track of everyone

I am not the manager of the team, or lead in any way (i know this because im not being paid enough to do this poo poo and my title)

this especially becomes clear whenever we hold our 2-week sprints and i somehow became the one in charge:

1. We are not a software team
2. I am not a software developer
4. I do not have any project manager training
5. People have un-ironically begun to call me THE SCRUM MASTER - especially people outside my team who we deliver analysis to, and who have no idea what the gently caress it means besides "Guy who does this thing we need to get done"
6. We are not doing sprints
7. We are simply using jira as a checklist of poo poo we need to do and/or are doing

somehow I'm the one in charge of all this poo poo, due to the fact that im the only one who sat down and spent 10 mins to figure out how jira works

I learned that you should ask if anyone is getting blocked and if people believe they have enough to do until next sprint.

i think I'm ready for the big leagues now

if you start asking them "what is the stupidest thing you are asked to do in order to work today" you'll start being able to streamline things real fast

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

tk posted:

I do not plan on going back into the office until they threaten to fire me.

my company is opening the office and encouraging, but not requiring, everyone to come in starting monday. they're saying everyone has to stay 6 feet away from each other and wear a mask when talking to another person. sounds like a complete shitshow.

my plan is to have another job before they try to force me to come in

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm using quarantine to try to shake my 1 to 2 red bull per day habit

I was drinking a coke with lunch every day when I started working from home and was wondering why I was doing foul smelling watery shits thrice a day.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was drinking a coke with lunch every day when I started working from home and was wondering why I was doing foul smelling watery shits thrice a day.
so that’s why you haven’t been posting as much lately

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

oh hey stymie; maybe you should try the yospos bodybuilder diet

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

My work was in the middle of moving to another office and it's looking like they're going to just go completely wfh for the foreseeable future.

Never have to leave my house again woo

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MononcQc posted:

if you start asking them "what is the stupidest thing you are asked to do in order to work today" you'll start being able to streamline things real fast

thankfully everyone are pretty good at telling people to go gently caress themselves, and if they feel uncomfortable doing so, I have no problem doing so on their behalf so they often send bullshit my way.

sometimes its nice having 6 years seniority in the company, which is longer than anybody I come in to contact with on a daily basis.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

refleks posted:

thankfully everyone are pretty good at telling people to go gently caress themselves, and if they feel uncomfortable doing so, I have no problem doing so on their behalf so they often send bullshit my way.

sometimes its nice having 6 years seniority in the company, which is longer than anybody I come in to contact with on a daily basis.

watch out, we’ve got a badass over here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*slaving away at the same company for at least 6 years*: I’m glad I have 6 years seniority over most people. that means I’m important

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i'm the most senior person in my house

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

i'm the most senior person in my house

same

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

do people listen to you? no one listens to me. :smith:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

https://local.theonion.com/grandfather-disrespected-in-own-home-1819570891

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

buy an amazon alexa echo beep

then someone will listen to you :unsmith:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

omg. that poor man.

FMguru posted:

bah! i can't work those damned things.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

they'll always be listening to you

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*slaving away at the same company for at least 6 years*: I’m glad I have 6 years seniority over most people. that means I’m important

yeah, job stability and respect at your place of work really sucks

please someone get me a job at a faang and a worthless boss with and som deep OTM options.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

refleks posted:

yeah, job stability and respect at your place of work really sucks

please someone get me a job at a faang and a worthless boss with and som deep OTM options.

personally i just can't get enough of changing jobs every year to deal with new and interesting ways software projects are hosed up and having to remember a new bunch of names and getting to establish myself in yet another office diplomacy circle that has who knows how many self appointed rockstars

i also absolutely love to start up a new interviewing round 6 months after i land my previous job so i can invent bullshit excuses in order to go and do whiteboard exercises with a bunch of strangers, all the while slowly gearing myself up to start negotiating poo poo with my current boss

finally last, but not least, the i value the chance to toss the gently caress away all the expertise and experience i have built learning to use my current company's technology stack, no matter how unique a position i might have at my current place in terms of the company's position in the industry and the level of expertise of my coworkers

inject that poo poo straight in my veins

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i cant believe i have missed out on all those great experiences all these years.

i shall get a linkedin premium account stat and start responding to every recruiter email i get

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Penisface posted:

personally i just can't get enough of changing jobs every year to deal with new and interesting ways software projects are hosed up and having to remember a new bunch of names and getting to establish myself in yet another office diplomacy circle that has who knows how many self appointed rockstars

i also absolutely love to start up a new interviewing round 6 months after i land my previous job so i can invent bullshit excuses in order to go and do whiteboard exercises with a bunch of strangers, all the while slowly gearing myself up to start negotiating poo poo with my current boss

finally last, but not least, the i value the chance to toss the gently caress away all the expertise and experience i have built learning to use my current company's technology stack, no matter how unique a position i might have at my current place in terms of the company's position in the industry and the level of expertise of my coworkers

inject that poo poo straight in my veins

Same, OP.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lol i'm at 5 years and still the junior to all but one person on my team, they all have like 20+ yrs on me

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

lol i'm at 5 years and still the junior to all but one person on my team, they all have like 20+ yrs on me

you should have changed jobs 4 years and 9 months ago hate to tell you...

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
The pro move is to land another job and resign in between the period of signing the acceptance letter and actually starting your last job.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
There are 43 working days until 1 July 2020

I wish everything wasn't closed so I had a reason to burn PTO to bring that number closer to 0

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
well its May Day so today this thread should be the coronavirus Don't WFH day crew

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
not a federal holiday in america lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im celebrating may day by doing very little work and also ordering whole foods delivery.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

im celebrating may day by doing very little work and also ordering whole foods delivery.

you monster

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7j8zw/amazon-whole-foods-instacart-workers-organize-a-historic-mass-strike

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah luckily its like a handful of stores so it doesn't impact my delivery.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a solid shaggaring.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
from each according to his ability (to pick stuff off shelves and deliver it to me), to each according to his need (for me to not have to leave my house)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Shaggar posted:

yeah luckily its like a handful of stores so it doesn't impact my delivery.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

refleks posted:

lol faang doesn't give you options that could be OTM, they are RSUs, they just straight up give you the shares and you can sell them immediately