Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hey yo hit me up

Edit: this is a terrible top of page post. Please change my username to Guffless Girlverine, How Wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I always thought X-23's debut lacked a certain something. Now I realize it was fringed lingerie.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hey yo hit me up

Edit: this is a terrible top of page post. Please change my username to Guffless Girlverine, How Wonderful!

I rashly thought this was something I could do from my own mod panel but it turns out it isn't. This is my darkest day as a mod. Would you be ok with Guffless Girlverine av text and possibly a handsome new Nightcat av?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

How Wonderful! posted:

I rashly thought this was something I could do from my own mod panel but it turns out it isn't. This is my darkest day as a mod. Would you be ok with Guffless Girlverine av text and possibly a handsome new Nightcat av?

Even though bedroom eyes Strange and I have had many adventures together, I’m extremely fine with a new avatar and text.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

How Wonderful! posted:

I will name change the first person who asks "Guffless Girlverine"

me me me.

edit: booooooooo

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Even though bedroom eyes Strange and I have had many adventures together, I’m extremely fine with a new avatar and text.

How's this?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's perfect.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

But what about the staff? The staff!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's perfect.

Great, I'll ask an admin to get it uploaded.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe Nightcat wasn't a Vanity project.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just read Incredible hulk 180 and Wolverines first mask was awful. Which characters have done the best when getting a redesign from their first appearance?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bessantj posted:

Just read Incredible hulk 180 and Wolverines first mask was awful. Which characters have done the best when getting a redesign from their first appearance?

Daredevil.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bessantj posted:

Arguably Batman (purple gloves - yeeech).
I will say Deadshot as well.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Nightwing's first costume was a doozy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Sewed the costume myself...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Daredevil.

I don't understand how he could look at himself in the mirror wearing that first costume and be willing to go outside.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Daredevil is a good shout, his red costume is a much better redesign. I remember one of Batman's redesigns had him with very pointy ears on his cowl.

In issue 183 of Incredible Hulk they had a few letters talking about the Betty Talbot nudity of a few issues previous and considering there were already women in costumes that were nothing more than underwear it's funny to read people being squeamish about it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

I don't understand how he could look at himself in the mirror wearing that first costume and be willing to go outside.

All Daredevil’s senses are heightened except for his fashion sense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

Arguably Batman (purple gloves - yeeech).
I will say Deadshot as well.

You got a problem with Zur En Arr?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

A lot of the major Guardians of the Galaxy characters are the beneficiaries of pretty major 21st century redesigns.

Rocket Raccoon's first look isn't bad necessarily but it's definitely jarring.

And I don't really care for Starlord's original design:

The basic design has remained pretty consistent but I also much prefer the idea of She-Hulk as somebody with a pretty chic and confident fashion sense who's just as often seen in business clothing to her original tattered rags look:

A bit of a hotter take but I also think Beast's "brawny guy with big hands and feet" is less of a fun visual hook than "man with various animal-like shaggy forms." Similarly divisive perhaps but I think the classic blue and red Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel look is better than the original green and white, although I think Marvel Boy pulls it off.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Starlord's costume is a bit poo poo, he did well out of any redesign. Black Widow had a good redesign as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think she's back to the old one now but that updated Spider Woman costume was real good

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Juggernaut debuted wearing a diaper

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Retro Futurist posted:

I think she's back to the old one now but that updated Spider Woman costume was real good

She's wearing the old costume in Strikeforce, and got a fresh redesign for her new series.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It took Nightwing three costumes to get to what was a perfect costume -- the black and blue look everyone associates with him.
Deadshot's second costume, the classic red, white, and yellow costume designed by the late, great Marshall Rogers, was also perfect.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Ghostlight posted:

Juggernaut debuted wearing a diaper

Who wore it best?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Not that his original armor is awful, but it’s amazing to see how Iron Man has evolved.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Whoever was designing costumes for cosmic villains in the 1960s-early 1970s for Marvel (and maybe superheroes in general) loved a good set of thighs almost as much as Vince McMahon.

Galactus, Darkseid, never forget early Pantless Thanos

Or manspreadin' Magus

Even Hawkeye got in on it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So Thanos has no genitalia right? This is confirmed and canon?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I've always thought Magus is so incredibly goofy looking it actually works to make him unsettling and weird.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Nightwing's first costume was a doozy

It might be cheating to mention one name for multiple characters, but same for Robin. Did Jason Todd get to have pants or did it take all the way to Tim Drake/the 90s to put pants on that thing?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Pretty sure pants didn't come along until Tim; ditto the cape that was black on the outside. Jason's outfit as Robin was identical to Dick's; hell, pre-Crisis Jason Todd even had red hair which he dyed to make him look like Dick Grayson, if memory serves.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Well actually (tm), the Earth-2 adult Robin was the first one to wear long pants (red chest, green trunks, yellow tights, and green gloves and boots). But in the main continuity, yes, they used the change from Jason to Tim to revamp Robin's look, including pants, the black cape, and giving him the staff as a signature weapon.

As for other successful revamps, how about the Beast going from a bulky guy in blue-and-yellow longjohns to blue and furry?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Speaking of Galactus, if'm not mistaken, this is what he looked like in his first appearance in FF #48, with blue and purple recolors coming later.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

maltesh posted:

Speaking of Galactus, if'm not mistaken, this is what he looked like in his first appearance in FF #48, with blue and purple recolors coming later.

the G is for Galactus

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

the G is for Galactus

On his planet, it means "hope".

He wears it ironically.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

the G is for Galactus

The G is for green. He's color blind.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The G doesn't stand for France.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Rhyno posted:

Cardiac's dead I think.

He showed up fairly recently in Valkyrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Cardiac's dead I think.

Heart attack?