Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

that theme makes every corney intro awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rmc8cUohTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://streamable.com/obvvq9

Good to know everyone else hates Ferrucci, too

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

kidcoelacanth posted:

He proceeded to go way wide off track on the overtake

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/602393210?t=1h27m9s

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

The guy who barely got to wear headphones in the back of a Haas garage calling somebody who spent a full season in F1 “not a real driver” is...whew.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bennyfactor posted:

If any of you bought bronze badges/tickets for the 500, have you received them already? I haven't, and while I realize it's not super critical right now given ... everything, I was wondering when they usually arrive and if I should be concerned.

I got my tickets for race day and carb day (which is all I bought). And yeah they showed up right before they announced the date change.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I am a gamer.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cygni posted:

that guys account went from cool links to old pictures once a day, to like 50 daily posts breathlessly tweeting at Danny Sullivan in 1 month flat

He still posts some cool stuff but it’s getting silly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I want a sad version of the Delta Force theme, like the downtrodden version of America gently caress Yeah

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

kidcoelacanth posted:

Newgarden was throwing a little shade on steam during practice race 1 for Indy too

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

hunnert car pileup posted:

I want a sad version of the Delta Force theme, like the downtrodden version of America gently caress Yeah

i might just have to put it in minor key over a montage of Tony George era fails

it would stop being funny when the fails included getting Randy Bernard appointed as ceo and executing a beloved driver in an attempt to make IndyCar more exciting, like bullfighting

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Vasukhani posted:

i might just have to put it in minor key over a montage of Tony George era fails

it would stop being funny when the fails included getting Randy Bernard appointed as ceo and executing a beloved driver in an attempt to make IndyCar more exciting, like bullfighting

and the 30+ drivers that broke their backs because the IRL refused to admit that their longitudinal gearbox design was a loving joke from the moment they announced it

or them refusing to admit their cars were death traps if they turned sideways and all the drivers that were killed or maimed from blow overs

or all the other drivers that were killed or maimed during the mandatory pack racing era

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cygni posted:

and the 30+ drivers that broke their backs because the IRL refused to admit that their longitudinal gearbox design was a loving joke from the moment they announced it

I was rewatching the Fontana ‘97 Broadcast and that statistic floored me. Although weren’t some of the injuries during 1996 due to the teams using worn out poorly maintained ex-CART chassis?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I watched the ‘96 IRL “season”...I had low expectations but Christ it was even worse than I imagined.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

just put it over the starting grid for the '97 500

Frond posted:

I watched the ‘96 IRL “season”...I had low expectations but Christ it was even worse than I imagined.

I think that at least the '96 500 is a pretty decent race if you can tune out, well, everything surrounding the ordeal. The starting grid is ok and not as bad as it would later get, and Salazar driving like a Brazilian on GT Sport is p fun.

Everything else? ehhhhh....

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 1, 2020

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Newgarden was throwing a little shade on steam during practice race 1 for Indy too

I can't find this, what did he say?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I got my tickets with no parking passes as well, though it was kind of odd at the time.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

just put it over the starting grid for the '97 500

alternatively, the last lap

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://racer.com/2020/04/30/what-happened-to-brights-della-penna-reynard/

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Are they only doing a 175 miler at Indy and not a full 500 at any point? Lameee

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Spaced God posted:

Are they only doing a 175 miler at Indy and not a full 500 at any point? Lameee

listen they've got other races they have prepared for

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Newgarden's Forza streams are pretty fun. They ran limos at Long Beach the other night and it owned.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Cygni posted:

or them refusing to admit their cars were death traps if they turned sideways and all the drivers that were killed or maimed from blow overs

or all the other drivers that were killed or maimed during the mandatory pack racing era

I know its like 10 yrs into IRL but i will never forget Brian Barnhart comparing a driver almost burning to death due to incompetence to an nfl ref making a bad call.

quote:

"They didn't mean to do it, that's for sure, and they feel bad enough about it," he said. "This is like being the referee in the Super Bowl and making a bad call or the poor [baseball] ump at the perfect game who blew the call. They don't see the spotlight like this."

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 2, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I really liked the other iraces (even if COTA is the most boring ever) but I have zero desire to watch a fake indy. Cowards should have done Spa or Monza.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The practice races that Newgarden was streaming over the last couple days at Indy was very entertaining, in the sense they were a complete disaster

Of course the COTA events sucked because COTA sucks and provides no entertainment value whatsoever, and shouldnt exist in any form anywhere, digitally or reality

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

CactusWeasle posted:

The practice races that Newgarden was streaming over the last couple days at Indy was very entertaining, in the sense they were a complete disaster

Of course the COTA events sucked because COTA sucks and provides no entertainment value whatsoever, and shouldnt exist in any form anywhere, digitally or reality

COTA was my first indycar event and I got to meet Robby Gordon and Roger and the Penske drivers so it's good actually

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
pretending this iracing race is the indy 500 is no different than whatever dumb preset series theyve been racing since 1996 is the indy 500

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sage going loving flying was awesome

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Sage going loving flying was awesome

F for the virtual fans killed in that indycar ending crash

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Wow that finish was very iracing pick up race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Was Ferrucci genetically engineered to be a cartoon race car villain, what the gently caress is his damage

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

That was so funny. The people melting down in Lando's (broken) stream was a great bonus.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
holy poo poo that was so garbage what the gently caress

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

lol Pagenaud straight up telling Norris after the race he didn't want an F1 guy to win so he "slowed him up"

but also Ferrucci continuing to be a complete piece of poo poo

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Neodoomium posted:

lol Pagenaud straight up telling Norris after the race he didn't want an F1 guy to win so he "slowed him up"

but also Ferrucci continuing to be a complete piece of poo poo

video games, as always, were a mistake

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Sounds like I made the right choice to play with my kids outside instead!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
yeah I'm so glad we're done with these, the boys werent mature enough to play

https://twitter.com/CGRindycar/status/1256672513733603329

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Did Pagenaud really admit to doing that stunt on purpose? I know it’s just a video game but jeez, that’s some sour grapes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So in the last 3 laps, SiPag Kenseth's Norris, Pato runs over Ericsson, and Chud runs over Askew when he might have been better served to just try to slingshot past cleanly.

I can't tell if I liked that or I hate all the drivers who turned others.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FartingBedpost posted:

Did Pagenaud really admit to doing that stunt on purpose? I know it’s just a video game but jeez, that’s some sour grapes.

he said he was coming to pit lane but checked up a bit more than normal to try to help askew win. Lando wrecked him earlier in the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't tell if I liked that or I hate all the drivers who turned others.

yes