Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I’m not sure what’s going on with TT at this point, he’s either some kind of insane watcher or he’s lying about everything.

##unvote for now.

I’d vote Leith over Tom, he has been the scummiest guy in the game since D2.

After Leith and Tom it gets muddier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Votecount for Day 8

Jose Valasquez (2): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (2): Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kashuno, CapnAndy
Leith Maclaine (2): Kashuno, Pussy Quipped

Not Voting (1): Mr. Humalong

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 53 minutes.

Deadline is tonight.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Votefinder didnt update your unvote in that above fyi

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

Votefinder didnt update your unvote in that above fyi

It’s just being slow, it’s updated now

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

CapnAndy posted:

So the reason I didn't call this out is because I'm genuinely unsure if I wore the cloak on my trip to zzy's room. The flavor doesn't specifically say that I did, but that's not proof that I didn't. Obviously I wasn't wearing it on the way back. I figured a watcher would know better than I would -- TT's claim specifically said he saw through cloaks, so he'd see me either way. In retrospect, though, if he's telling the truth and I was wearing the cloak, I'm drat sure not wearing it on the way back. Which means TT sees me walk up to zzy's door cloaked, take the cloak off, and walk back without it. What, in that case, could I have possibly done except dropped off the cloak? Why would you think I'm "some sort of town protective role"?

TT is wrong about so drat much. I think my callout was right and he just head-faked me right the hell out of my shoes with that response. If he'd seen me and just wanted me to stay quiet, all he needed to say was that he saw Leith and me target zzy but he had reason to believe my action was protective. Hell, I'd have even confirmed his results as trustworthy!

##vote TT it's gotta be him and if I'm wrong and we lose I'm gonna be awfully interested to see what has possibly gone down all game.

I see who targets people, it's pretty quick flavor. I saw you and Leith go into zzyzx's room and you were under your cloak, I didn't get any flavor about either of you leaving.

I get it on the vote - I knew when I full claimed my role it would get massive pushback, it's been messing with my head all game, first with Amni, then doubting Jose and Leith, but the inconsistency is damning.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Jose Valasquez (2): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Tom Tucker
Leith Maclaine (2): Kashuno, Pussy Quipped
Tom Tucker (1): Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kashuno, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez

Not Voting (2): Jose Valasquez, Mr. Humalong

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 11 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Let's move along yall

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
You are all making a mistake but I don't have a way to prove it without quoting mod. Going to be busy today with work so I will try and respond tonight.

I will ask, how in the heck are all these special items because I haven't seen any of them. No potions, no items. Nothing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

You are all making a mistake but I don't have a way to prove it without quoting mod. Going to be busy today with work so I will try and respond tonight.

I will ask, how in the heck are all these special items because I haven't seen any of them. No potions, no items. Nothing.

Got reads of anyone yet? All you had when I last asked was gut reads

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I am happy to vote Leith over Jose today - I have enough to chew on and am less and less confident, but the biggest thing for me is that my roleclaim directly implicated Jose and he responded forcefully poking holes in it, but my roleclaim also implicated Leith and he barely responded at all, apparently content to let things slip on to me.

##unvote won't add a new vote on Leith for now but consider it there in principle.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

We’re only 9 hours from the deadline and I’m sick today and will be in and out of consciousness so I’m going to put my vote down.

##vote Leith

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I will vote Leith one minute before deadline, to avoid a no-lynch, if need be.

I think you guys are making a terrible mistake.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Now that work is done and first margarita is in hand.

Leith's reads - 1 post per person because I am going to be digging alot

Kash - This is the easiest one. Kash is town because simply put, his ability to railroad me after N2 is too good. I don't like the 3P role of destroying items. I will admit his certainty that I was town is a little troublesome but I'm sticking with my reads.

Also, I just did a vote analysis and Kash voted for scum of both sides.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Jose -

Vote analysis first, Jose hasn't voted for a scum except for Sandwolf when it was obvious.

He is claiming to be a 3P and he is protecting a selected list of the targeted but that doesn't include me. I don't see how flavor wise his list people to protect makes sense especially with the hint there may be others on the list to protect.

He is admitting that I did roleblock him with the correct flavor but he is also thinking i am a ghost with a potion.

Right now Jose is the top of my list.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

PQ -

Voted KCW, Sandwolf, and Ecco on non-lynch days so it is extremely unlikely that they bussed people on both sides early. Working on play review while I make dinner but based on votes, no way they are scum.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

Jose -

Vote analysis first, Jose hasn't voted for a scum except for Sandwolf when it was obvious.

He is claiming to be a 3P and he is protecting a selected list of the targeted but that doesn't include me. I don't see how flavor wise his list people to protect makes sense especially with the hint there may be others on the list to protect.

He is admitting that I did roleblock him with the correct flavor but he is also thinking i am a ghost with a potion.

Right now Jose is the top of my list.

I forgot to mention, I think Jose is the ghost remaining and that I did successfully block him.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

TT- Vote analysis

Sandwolf vote was at the end, Ecco vote was obvious to everyone and really quick. No other votes on anyone who was scum. Also I know that I didn't visit ZZ when he came up with this watcher claim so either he is lying or someone used a polyjuice potion.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Was really tempted to go "HOW'S THIS FOR A SCUM VOTE" and hammer but I resisted.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Speeding up my analysis since I am making dinner and people need time to comment.

Hum voted early and often for multiple scum over multiple days. He is clean
Capnandy also voted early and often for multiple scum over multiple days. He is clean.

So in summary.

Hum - Town
CapnAndy - Town
Kash - 3P
PQ - Town

Jose - Suspect he is the Ghost outstanding - yes, I did block
Tom - Suspect he is the DE outstanding, he was watching ZZ so we know he went to ZZ's room also. There are a whole lot of problems with his defense.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Tom Tucker posted:

Was really tempted to go "HOW'S THIS FOR A SCUM VOTE" and hammer but I resisted.

Go ahead. I've said my peace. It will say a lot when I flip town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why do you think Kash is 3P and not town?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

Now that work is done and first margarita is in hand.

Leith's reads - 1 post per person because I am going to be digging alot

Kash - This is the easiest one. Kash is town

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I don’t really have any further comment on Leith’s opinions. I’m ready to move on

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why do you think Kash is 3P and not town?

He has said his goal was destroying a certain # of objects. He has completed his goal and is now just hanging tight and not visiting people.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I had to destroy x items to get a reward, which I did get, but I haven't used it because I tried to use it on Yuming the night before she died

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

He has said his goal was destroying a certain # of objects. He has completed his goal and is now just hanging tight and not visiting people.

:goofy:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t know that I have much more to say about this. Leith is playing like Leith always does.

If he flips town it’s gonna gently caress things up for scum unless they legitimately know who each other are.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Will one more last minute pitch that I really think we're making a mistake and Tom should be the one getting his dance card punched today change anyone's mind?

Incidentally I've been having a lot of fun coming up with synonyms for hangings.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the leith/Jose thing needs to be resolved

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

OK I'm ready to move on.

##vote Leith

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Strange

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
FINAL Votecount for Day 8

Leith Maclaine (4): Kashuno, Pussy Quipped, Jose Valasquez, Tom Tucker
Jose Valasquez (1): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (1): Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kashuno, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez

Not Voting (1): Mr. Humalong

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
The crowd, as little as it was, finally turned on Leith. They were so curious. They had to know.

Leith didn't offer that much resistance. Was it succumbing to the sense of dread that had overtaken the group? Was it the weight of being accused for many of the past days. Was it the tiresome burden of keeping up the barrier for the Dementors? Perhaps it was all of these things.

Nearing the end of the eighth day, the crown finally grabbed Leith and sent him to the window. They picked him up and unceremoniously threw him out. No screams this time. Just a sense of acceptance. But like all of the others, there was little left after the Dementors had their way.

Leith Maclaine, Dumbledore, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) had his soul removed Day 8

Just then a laugh bellowed from the room. There was something about the sound of it that caught the students and faculty of Hogwarts. Was that maliciousness? No. It was more of a sense of excited relief. The crowd turned to see who was the origin of this noise.

It was Jose. The crowd was used to how tightly wound up he was that it was alarming to see this kind of reaction. "Thanks for that. I thought we were never going to kill Leith. My superiors will be pleased."

"Wait, I thought you were trying to save people?" said a voice in the group.

"Uh huh. Sure I was." Said Jose distractedly. "Listen, It's been fun dodging death with all of you, but I've had enough."

Jose reached into his pocket and removed a glass object. It started to glow red, and in a flash he was gone leaving only surprised faces behind.

Jose Valasquez, Percy Weasley, MINISTRY AUROR (Ministry/Jose Valasquez aligned) left Hogwarts after successfully completing his objectives Day 8

It is now Night 8. Please send in your night actions.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 2, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
There were only three residents at Hogwarts that returned to the Great Hall on Day 9. Three? How has there been so much death here? The group moved through the hallways to find the two missing bodies.

First was Pussy Quipped, who was in their room. It was the killing curse again. The group was about to leave when there was something that happened to the body. It slowly was starting to transform. The dark hair of their potions professor was changing to a light golden hue. It appears that Pussy Quipped was not who they claimed to be.

Pussy Quipped, Severus Snape, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8
Pussy Quipped, Lucius Malfoy, MAFIA GODFATHER (Deatheater aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8

Slightly excited the three moved on and then found Kashuno in the hallway. Also killed by the killing curse. Again the group noticed a light changing in the body. With the glasses now on the ground, one could see that this no longer looked like Myrtle anymore, but someone else. Someone that they had been hunting for for a long time.

Kashuno, Moaning Myrtle TOWN GHOST, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8
Kashuno, The Fat Friar MAFIA ITEM DESTROYER, (House ghost aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8

The three looked at each other with surprise and excitement. Where there was despair last night, there was some hope now.

It is now Day 9

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 9

Not Voting (3): CapnAndy, Mr. Humalong, Tom Tucker

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lmao

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:hb:go Voldemort:hb:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I was right about Jose so all you all can shove it. Jose was trying to poke so many holes in everything but he was Dexanth and 90% chance he was Leith I saw which makes this day even easier because Hum visited Kashuno last night. He's said he's vanilla after his hat was gone so that means he's the last scum.

Capn Andy that basically puts it in your hands since the game is solved from my perspective. I know you thought I was scum before but so much of that was Jose trying to cast shadows on everything on his way to his victory because I was actually right about his claim being full of lies. I wasn't the only one who said so - Hum said so too but then just did drive-bys the rest of the day on me and Leith and ended the day with no vote while I was trying my best to put together all the pieces that Jose had clearly deliberately messed with. At the end of the day I hope I'm the more trustworthy one who has actually scumhunted, while Hum has coasted with an item that is designed for finding one scum group (once we started narrowing it down a hat use on Kash would have returned Hufflepuff and caught them since we knew the house o the last ghost) in a game where each group clearly needed all the help they could get.

I dunno what else to say, really. You said you thought I was the best option yesterday and I get it, but I was right about Jose sowing confusion everywhere. I tried to cover for you because I felt you were town then and this only confirms it.

It's your call. I won't vote for anyone else today so ##vote Hum. Welcome to the stress-heavy job of being the townie forced to choose between the other 2 in LYLO I don't envy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

just lol