Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just spent a good two h ours clearing more of the mess in my backyard and I found the property line stake and holy poo poo I didn't realize ho far back my yard extended. I honestly thought this was all city owned easement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Where are the T3 and T4 made these days? I can't really keep it straight. I thought they were still produced in the US or Mexico. The various CNH companies have been mostly owned by Fiat and the Agnellis for over two decades, so that's nothing new.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care
I think my girlfriend ghosted me or just died. Not sure which one. 2 weeks without contact. :sigh:

E: Not sound like too negative, I did reach out her best friend if she could ask how she is, we're not in the same country and I know she can be challenging to reach when things are rough. I love her, she knows that, we've been seeing for roughly 2 years, I just wanted to vent out the worst case scenario just to make sure it isn't that.

Kivi fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 1, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kivi posted:

I think my girlfriend ghosted me or just died. Not sure which one. 2 weeks without contact. :sigh:

E: Not sound like too negative, I did reach out her best friend if she could ask how she is, we're not in the same country and I know she can be challenging when things are rough. I love her, she know that, we've been seeing for roughly 2 years, I just wanted to vent out the worst case scenario just make sure it isn't that.

Ouch. Hope it's not the worse one.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

Rhyno posted:

Ouch. Hope it's not the worse one.
Thanks. I've been reaching out to her friends that I know just make sure she's alive. She was supposed be here yesterday but given that the flight travel in Europe is just not existing I hope she's just working through some mental thing but I wish I could help her. The worst part is just not knowing, as I cannot reach her.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Where are the T3 and T4 made these days? I can't really keep it straight. I thought they were still produced in the US or Mexico. The various CNH companies have been mostly owned by Fiat and the Agnellis for over two decades, so that's nothing new.

I think the T4 is italy. The local, as in drive it home new holland dealer has a powerstar that might be the right size and a decent deal, but finding actual reliability data is hard. John Deere dealer I haven’t checked out because they are only open 9-5 weekdays and closed weekends. Like a gently caress you to anyone with a job, but I see more people using those than anything else.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

With respect to the thread title, I'm thinking you don't have enough:

(You have no idea how happy it makes me that such a thing actually exists, and sad that I can't get it here in the US, just to have on the shelf.)

rdb posted:

I think the T4 is italy. The local, as in drive it home new holland dealer has a powerstar that might be the right size and a decent deal, but finding actual reliability data is hard. John Deere dealer I haven’t checked out because they are only open 9-5 weekdays and closed weekends. Like a gently caress you to anyone with a job, but I see more people using those than anything else.

Well, yes, but you see a lot of people eating McDonald's, and riding Harleys, too. Ubiquity does not equal quality. Plus the whole proprietary systems thing loving over farmers using the large units rubs me the wrong way intensely (she said.)

edit:
LOL:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darchangel posted:

(You have no idea how happy it makes me that such a thing actually exists, and sad that I can't get it here in the US, just to have on the shelf.)

It's poo poo. They changed the formula from being ether based (Which WILL work - as well as being dangerous as it had a habit of blowing inlet manifolds to pieces and setting fire to carbys if you sprayed in too much) to be a fairly tame hydrocarbon based that basically isnt much better than petrol down the inlet.

The actual real old style Start Ya Bastard was either going to get your motor started or it was going to destroy it. Sometimes in a nitros style backfire with all the pistons blasting through the sump excitement that hints at

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

May is off to a legit good start!

Scored another couple of beautiful strip steaks at my local little grocery store, plus shockingly had *instant yeast* which I've never had much need for before but now that I have an urge to bake it's impossible to find. Called my mom who lives 6 hours away and told her I found some and she was HOLY poo poo BUY ME SOME so now I have to probably spend $10 to mail a small parcel of $5 worth of yeast. Looks like they repackaged done from their awesome instore bakery, bless them.

Stopped at my favorite little liquor store on way from there, had my whisky and beer on the shelf. Had a gorgeous mid 30s milf give me a good look over and smile, so all is good.

I am sure to be murdered in my sleep now.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

I just spent a good two h ours clearing more of the mess in my backyard and I found the property line stake and holy poo poo I didn't realize ho far back my yard extended. I honestly thought this was all city owned easement.

It might be. Google <name of town> gis (or assessors map) and see if the town has an easement for utilities or something but it's still your land.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Darchangel posted:

Well, yes, but you see a lot of people eating McDonald's, and riding Harleys, too. Ubiquity does not equal quality. Plus the whole proprietary systems thing loving over farmers using the large units rubs me the wrong way intensely (she said.)

All manufacturers lock the emissions control systems down. Any part besides emissions related components you can replace with JD. They even display the trouble codes on the monitors inside. The locking things and slowing tractors down if they ignore emissions codes is every manufacturer with dpf/scr systems, and even ford, chevy and ram trucks. Its expensive. (Deletes available for most of them)

The thing about JD - you can still go to the dealer and get parts for your 4020. And they stock a lot of stuff too, so it won’t be down for months. Last year I broke a three point stabilizer on my mahindra. The selling dealer was closed by mahindra and started selling massey in its place. You can’t order mahindra parts online because the dealers have regions they are allowed to service. So I had to go to a dealer an hour away, give them the part number, pay for it, wait for it to arrive, pay shipping on pickup. Major pain in the rear end and one of my fields sat all winter with broom sedge on it because I couldn’t finish bush hogging after that month long setback. Ive got an accepted offer on a 97 acre parcel, 50-60 or so needs to be baled and or mowed. Hay can’t sit on the field while parts come slow boat from china (or italy).

And a bit of soapbox: If you believe the big grain guys about how much money they loose tillable wouldn’t be 10k an acre and they wouldn’t be getting millions worth of new equipment every other year. They get more government assistance than anyone. poo poo, if you buy enough seed some of the seed companies will give you a new combine lease. Kickbacks and assistance galore. Small operations are a different story, I get that. But guys farming 10,000 acres and farms milking 38,000 cows are fine.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I posted about this last month or the month before but it got lost in the Covid talk, but I'm looking into getting a battery electric mower and was curious if anyone here had any experience with them.

I was set on the Kobalt 80V self-propelled mower but the new 2020 Ego mower, while only 56V has a 7.5 amp/hr battery and a double blade cutting deck a la Honda which I'm now leaning to because I mulch 99% of the time.

I can't find the amp hour rating for the Kobalt but it claims a longer run time. Does voltage matter that much that I'll be giving up mulching power if I go for the Ego, or is amp/hour the better measure of power?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I’m not talking about emissions on tractors. I’m talking about the major electronics systems. Look up the Motherboard article on JD vs. Right To Repair.
I really don’t give a poo poo about what sort of farmer they are or what kickbacks they get, requiring factory mechanics only can eat a dick regardless.

Anyway, I’m sitting at home in the dark. About 4-4:30 the power started flickering and then blinked hard a few times, mit spitzen sparken outside. I figured the gusting wind blew the lines into the trees (both just the other side of my fence) or vice versus. Then I noted one of the trees trunks smoking near the top. *Then* I noticed the line dangling from the pole just off the corner of my lot. The other end managed to zap a few more times behind my neighbor to the right’s yard before settling down.

We both called Oncor to report the downed line. It took them until 6 to kill the power. With a notice that it would be expected out until 4:30 am. Nice. I can’t game. I’m can’t sleep, and neither can my wife (we both use CPAPs). And I have yet to see a loving truck out there. Good job, wait until dark you shits. Meanwhile, my neighbor to the left still has power, and is having their semi weekly family noisy party in their back yard with like a 100-bulb string of lights over their deck.
Got some LEDs and a couple hurricane lanterns.

At least the plumbers finished the plumbing. Still some details and closing the walls, but the plumbing is now functional, and I’m happy with the work that was done.

I hope power is back tomorrow. I need to get started on repairs to the bottom of the kitchen cabinets and drywall work everywhere else.

We did at least go have dinner at Chili’s, since Phase 1 of relaxed restrictions started today. Wouldn’t have bothered if the power was not out, but didn’t want to eat in the dark.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's poo poo. They changed the formula from being ether based (Which WILL work - as well as being dangerous as it had a habit of blowing inlet manifolds to pieces and setting fire to carbys if you sprayed in too much) to be a fairly tame hydrocarbon based that basically isnt much better than petrol down the inlet.

The actual real old style Start Ya Bastard was either going to get your motor started or it was going to destroy it. Sometimes in a nitros style backfire with all the pistons blasting through the sump excitement that hints at

If you're not using ether then what is the point of even using starting fluid.

I mean, yeah, I've set the Trukk on fire three times using it so far, but it got it started!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

If you're not using ether then what is the point of even using starting fluid.

Exactly.

gently caress this Subaru Outback. Absolutly completey and utterly gently caress IT. I hate this car, I hate that it is in my garage, I hate every single particle of it and I wish I had never seen the loving thing in my life

I have spent three weeks trying to get this thing to start - I have today replaced the harness FOR NO GODDAMN RESULT. It is ruining my brain. I have spent I dont know how much. I am angry, I'm having meltdowns and honestly right now the only thing I can think of is that something is fundamentally wrong internally but I cant see what it is as I'm sure it's got spark, it's got fuel and it has enough compression that it should at least run a bit.

Nothing. Absolutly goddamn loving nothing. I have also changed every sensor in the car for known working ones.

I loving HATE this car. I hate it with a passion I havent hated something before. I want the owner to take it back because there is no way I want to even spend another second trying to work out waht the ever living gently caress is going on.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I have no MAF, and I must scream

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

slidebite posted:

May is off to a legit good start!

Scored another couple of beautiful strip steaks at my local little grocery store, plus shockingly had *instant yeast* which I've never had much need for before but now that I have an urge to bake it's impossible to find. Called my mom who lives 6 hours away and told her I found some and she was HOLY poo poo BUY ME SOME so now I have to probably spend $10 to mail a small parcel of $5 worth of yeast. Looks like they repackaged done from their awesome instore bakery, bless them.

Stopped at my favorite little liquor store on way from there, had my whisky and beer on the shelf. Had a gorgeous mid 30s milf give me a good look over and smile, so all is good.

I am sure to be murdered in my sleep now.
Oh look, just found out the government is trying to ban a bunch of my hobby because it's scary and use, as typical, with little to no logic at all. Of course today couldn't end on a high note.

I am sure this will be a very smooth and cost effective government run program.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Has anyone here bought an electric bicycle? I want to get one to expand my ability to get around NYC. I've had my eye on a few in the ~$1500 range for a little while. I wanted a Radwagon, but the cadence sensor is concerning. Also looking at a discounted Vanmoof S2, but their battery isn't removable.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

slidebite posted:

Oh look, just found out the government is trying to ban a bunch of my hobby because it's scary and use, as typical, with little to no logic at all. Of course today couldn't end on a high note.

Details and location? Sorry, I don’t remember what country you are in for certain, and there are a lot of hobbies that could apply to, to be honest.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

slidebite posted:

Aren't they always?

no, of course not, government programs are effective or not.based on a wide array of factors, including individual competencies and personal investment in the given program, much as private enterprise is, and therefore, furthermore...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Darchangel posted:

Details and location? Sorry, I don’t remember what country you are in for certain, and there are a lot of hobbies that could apply to, to be honest.
Oh, no problem and totally my fault. Canada and firearms.

A horrible mass shooting in Nova Scotia by a resident who was legally not able to own firearms (unlicensed) and killed people with smuggled US firearms appears to be the catalyst.

Making knee jerk decisions that impacts tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people based on terrible occasions makes the best policy!

It's going to be a total cluster gently caress. Absolutely guaranteed.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 2, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Same dumbass cosmetic style ban the US let lapse a few years ago too, aimed at 'military rifles' wherein such is designated based on what makes them feel apprehensive to look at. In a country with about as many shooting deaths per year as Chicago.

I understand the desire for safety, but it'd be great if they'd stop treating knowledge of guns as suspect when deciding what's too dangerous to own.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 2, 2020

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I have little problem with making laws, or even banning things if the government is honest about and has some even some most basic sense of logic.

But using terms/buzzwords such as "military grade", "assault rifle" which are literally, meaningless.. and I say this honestly. What does that even mean with firearms? Made by the lowest bidder? Made to fire military calibers? Black in color? Pieces of plastic? Literally who knows. "Scary looking and black in color" would make more sense... although there are tons of exceptions of course.

Bizarrely, the Canadian Government appears to have been very thorough in making various, even very obscure firearms prohibited which can probably be counted on by 1 hand in the country, by the stroke of a pen, but basically any bull-pup style firearm (thinking the IWI Tavor and Norinco Type 97) are spared :wtc:

In true Canadian fashion, makes literally zero sense.

Oh well... I'll give this more thought when I'm not 6 ryes deep into the night.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

I posted about this last month or the month before but it got lost in the Covid talk, but I'm looking into getting a battery electric mower and was curious if anyone here had any experience with them.

I was set on the Kobalt 80V self-propelled mower but the new 2020 Ego mower, while only 56V has a 7.5 amp/hr battery and a double blade cutting deck a la Honda which I'm now leaning to because I mulch 99% of the time.

I can't find the amp hour rating for the Kobalt but it claims a longer run time. Does voltage matter that much that I'll be giving up mulching power if I go for the Ego, or is amp/hour the better measure of power?

I finally managed to get a ryobi 36v mower last week (the only thing sold by a store within 50km of where I live, even then it took two months before it was actually in stock). I've only used it to mow the lawn once so far but it handled the 2 months of growth that built up while waiting for the thing to arrive. I stalled it once by overloading the mower and had a bit of drama getting it to start till I realised it had some safety lockouts that I needed to pay attention to. Beyond that it's fine for my usage (~130m2 yard). As it's the only cordless mower I've used I can't really compare it to any other brand/model.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

I have no MAF, and I must scream

Australia

slidebite posted:

Oh, no problem and totally my fault. Canada and firearms.

A horrible mass shooting in Nova Scotia by a resident who was legally not able to own firearms (unlicensed) and killed people with smuggled US firearms appears to be the catalyst.

Making knee jerk decisions that impacts tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people based on terrible occasions makes the best policy!

It's going to be a total cluster gently caress. Absolutely guaranteed.

Contra - Following the country that actually did get rid of a bunch of higher powered weaponry and has ever since been pretty much the actual working example of gun laws done in haste that do work isnt a bad idea. A ratbag conservative govt it was too. It's not like NZ when they had some chud shoot up a few mosques took much time to think about it either and went.... "We'll... Australia is pretty stupid at a bunch of things but their laws work so.... welp?"

And things that go pew pew are fun, I know that quite well, because you can still own and operate a firearm even with the restrictions. It just makes it fairly rare for some dickhead to go apeshit with a few 30 round mags from an AR15

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

It might be. Google <name of town> gis (or assessors map) and see if the town has an easement for utilities or something but it's still your land.

I assumed this was all easement. There's still a 12 foot deep piece of land between my yard and the bordering neighborhood full of dead trees and brush. Our HOA posted letting us know that the city is decommissioning the power line that runs through all the backyards on my street in 2021 which is nice, less ugly crop for me to look at.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Canada already doesn't have 30 round mags from an AR15. Breaking that law on that is like bringing in a rocket launcher. It's already illegal as hell, totally prohibited device. Making it double-double-dare illegal isn't going to do gently caress all. A mass murder spree with an AR is literally just as deadly with a T97 or any other number of truly legal, and more popular and available firearms. Canadians are not killing Canadians with 30 round AR mags. It simply isn't an issue.

I am totally on the side for reasonable gun control, as are a shocking number of Canadian SA firearm owners, but all anyone is asking for is some sanity and logic. Making up "facts" and twisting them into some mantra isn't helping anyone EXCEPT potentially the far right wing that truly seem to be the only people that disagree with this poo poo for 9 times out of 10 the wrong reasons (or use logic when it suits them).

We might be veering into the other forum, so I'll temper my replies here.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

The TT75 new holland we were looking at today was made in India.

It’s come down to a Deere 3039E, a 5055M or a kubota L3800HD or MX5200HD, all with front end loaders and 4 in 1 buckets.

We’re also getting a quote on a New Holland TT75 and Boomer 50 so we’ll see what price we get on either of those.

Sadly it’s going to come down to budget, hopefully it means we aren’t going to get stuck with something that’s not going to be quite what we need

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pay extremely close attention to user serviceability and parts accessibility. I don't follow this kind of thing much on the agg side, but I do know that big Green is infamously against owner servicing... as in lawsuits big to keep owners out of it.

Keep that in mind.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Contra - Following the country that actually did get rid of a bunch of higher powered weaponry and has ever since been pretty much the actual working example of gun laws done in haste that do work isnt a bad idea. A ratbag conservative govt it was too. It's not like NZ when they had some chud shoot up a few mosques took much time to think about it either and went.... "We'll... Australia is pretty stupid at a bunch of things but their laws work so.... welp?"

And things that go pew pew are fun, I know that quite well, because you can still own and operate a firearm even with the restrictions. It just makes it fairly rare for some dickhead to go apeshit with a few 30 round mags from an AR15

Yeah, but on the balance y'all don't share 5500 miles of open border with the US.

As slidebite points out, this ban is one of those that literally only affects legal gun owners. Criminals already have weapons outside of the registration scheme and aren't going to care about another crime on paper, and mass shootings are suicide attacks in the first place, so another charge doesn't much matter to someone who doesn't expect to live though the day.

Double-digit millions of dollars of buyback and making thousands of people paper felons to take weapons out of circulation that are involved in double-digit numbers of deaths per year.

In more appropriate posting, fuckdamn do I hate car shopping. I've been looking at getting something actually made this decade, and everything I would actually drive has been sticker shocking me pretty badly.

All I want is a truck with a long bed and a cab that isn't a sedan that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and that's apparently asking way too much of the world. Even the ten year old 'work trucks' with the arches and cab corners starting to rot and 200k on the odo are asking 15k these days.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 2, 2020

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

We blew the air box on the E21 to pieces somewhere in the middle of Wyoming using the original recipe. Good stuff!

Liquid Communism posted:

In more appropriate posting, fuckdamn do I hate car shopping. I've been looking at getting something actually made this decade, and everything I would actually drive has been sticker shocking me pretty badly.

All I want is a truck with a long bed and a cab that isn't a sedan that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and that's apparently asking way too much of the world. Even the ten year old 'work trucks' with the arches and cab corners starting to rot and 200k on the odo are asking 15k these days.
I love researching and planning a car purchase, I HATE the actual process. It's even worse if a dealership of any kind is going to be involved. Carmax/Carvana/etc make the process fairly painless but it still isn't what I'd call fun. I was going crazy trying to work with dealerships tracking down an eGolf, really lucked out when the i3 popped up for sale locally.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Who says white people have no culture?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I have a couple new pairs of jeans arriving Soon™ -- ordered on Sunday with 2 day ETA, shipped yesterday, now ETA next monday -- and I kind of want to sew up a denim mask using my old ones and go full Canadian Tuxedo next time I'm out for a walk.

Humphreys
Jan 26, 2013

We conceived a way to use my mother as a porn mule

InitialDave posted:

Who says white people have no culture?

That's beautiful! But needs more flames on the mask

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That is my kinda Appalachian-American.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Maksimus54 posted:

I know we have a couple bakers in here so I was hoping for some help with a couple basic sourdough recipes. I am finishing up my first starter since yeast has been scarce around here. Any foolproof recipes? Bread is not the only answer

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/sourdough Bunch of things to try here depending on what you like. You just have to give things a ton more time if you’re using only starter and no dry yeast. Like if you want to make pizza dough, start in the morning instead of a few hours before you want pizza. At least you should get a lot more of the sourdough flavor in things that way though so that’ll be nice.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

Has anyone here bought an electric bicycle? I want to get one to expand my ability to get around NYC. I've had my eye on a few in the ~$1500 range for a little while. I wanted a Radwagon, but the cadence sensor is concerning. Also looking at a discounted Vanmoof S2, but their battery isn't removable.

I bought a RadWagon about a year ago. For $1500 they are tough to beat for utility and price. I haven't had any issues with my bike, but cadence sensors are cheap and easy to replace. They aren't particularly smooth though.

I ended up with the wagon to haul a kid around with and nobody else made a cargo style bike for anywhere near $1500. We've greatly enjoy it, but if it was just for me the Juiced Crosscurrent would have been my pick. They come with all the upgrades you'd want at a fair price point(when I was shopping).

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Maksimus54 posted:

I bought a RadWagon about a year ago. For $1500 they are tough to beat for utility and price. I haven't had any issues with my bike, but cadence sensors are cheap and easy to replace. They aren't particularly smooth though.

I ended up with the wagon to haul a kid around with and nobody else made a cargo style bike for anywhere near $1500. We've greatly enjoy it, but if it was just for me the Juiced Crosscurrent would have been my pick. They come with all the upgrades you'd want at a fair price point(when I was shopping).

When you're riding the RadWagon, do you feel like you're pedaling is actually doing something, or does it feel like you're just spinning the pedals and the motor is doing the work?

The Crosscurrent looks awesome, good suggestion!

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

When you're riding the RadWagon, do you feel like you're pedaling is actually doing something, or does it feel like you're just spinning the pedals and the motor is doing the work?

The Crosscurrent looks awesome, good suggestion!

Oh you're most certainly doing something. It's adjustable so you can pick how much assistance you get, in theory you could run motor only but I live in a hilly area and the motor alone won't carry my fatass up a hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Ok, awesome. I saw a video about it where the rear wheel of the bike was off the ground and the motor was driving the wheel faster than the cassette was spinning, so the pedals were completely unloaded. I guess it's a different story when the bike is on the ground.