Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
happy may day gamers

https://twitter.com/means_tv/status/1256208829173444609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Edit: ^^:getin:

I’d like to report back that while we raged the streets, we didn’t bring down it home. We will try again, don’t you worry

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 2, 2020

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SeXReX posted:

There was a really hilarious take I saw once about how nerds are embarrassing for knowing "the massive list of rules for thousands of magic cards but not how to play bridge" that really made me want to make a game that uses a standard deck of 52 to play one of those games that's so complex no one actually wants to play it

Bridge is the dumbest game in the world, the entire thing is based on the bidding system where people make up systems of signals where certain bids mean certain things and the actual card play is ancillary

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Then play the follow-up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1GzKSmcbM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
There's also this game in which you play a communist witch

https://colestia.itch.io/a-bewitching-revolution

which was described by comrades on discord as thus:

quote:

It is good
Your potions are molotov cocktails
And your "help the homeless" spell is literally breaking in some closed for rent house and letting the homeless live in it

you summon pigeons to gently caress up traffic cameras or something
and turn cops to pigs to dismantle the police state

looks like i've found the way to procrastinate till my paper's due on monday!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
yeah if yall don't know how wild that port is

that game is the lovely game that lovely games warn their kids about

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

yeah if yall don't know how wild that port is

that game is the lovely game that lovely games warn their kids about

It made for an entertaining speedrun at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dDL-UEId4

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It made for an entertaining speedrun at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dDL-UEId4

yeah even really awful games can be cool speedruns, just look at dark souls

*dodgerolls naked past all the low level mooks charging to tell me I'm wrong while I move in a straight line between the bonfire and the boss door*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i ripped all my gcn games to sd through my wii and i got nintendont installed at the wii u home screen level which is nice. having a good time with this overall

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what gcn game will you play first

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cats are the best

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the first two i did were paper mario and f-zero gx, both are looking p good. almost all games support progressive scan and f-zero gx actually has a native widescreen mode ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

f zero is v hard to play with the wii u gamepad. it's fine for the first lap but hitting y and a at the same time to boost

:whitewater:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think the only exception to this is the 55+ year old dad crew who likes playing those war games with rule books which come in binders and have like 5000 cardboard punch-out pieces
for sure, but also I would argue that those are bad games that are more interested in the simulation of the reality than being an interesting board game. like I don't think handing all the complexity of the campaign for north africa would make it suddenly a better game, if anything it probably makes it worse if someone doesn't have to do the math to account for the italian pasta rules

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not in the EU where the component cables were never released and they replaced any 480p option with PAL60 instead.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

the first two i did were paper mario and f-zero gx, both are looking p good. almost all games support progressive scan and f-zero gx actually has a native widescreen mode ??
a surprising number of oldass games have anamorphic widescreen modes, heck perfect dark had it on n64, maybe even goldeneye idk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Not in the EU where the component cables were never released and they replaced any 480p option with PAL60 instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSODZ3nhEqc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also did everyone who played FF8 also think "GF, you mean girlfriend lol" because I think that seems to be universal?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Sakurazuka posted:

why would you want component when you can do rgb with scart?

people really import EU gamecubes to get RGB out from gameboy players because it's cheaper than finding the component cables

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
who scarted in here

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

who scarted in here

fuckin Euros

I have one of those GCHD things that plugs into both video ports at once to change them to being HDMI and the port from the Wii instead so I can use those component cables it's pretty slick

e. I want to get an alternate capture setup that converts HDMI to composite and then through and RF modulator and using an old TV tuner card

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

scart is sick, I wish we had a cool port like scart

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

the only real problem with scart is a plug that big and heavy really should have a retention method other than the friction of the pins in the socket

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

messed up that we were punished for having a sane cable system by the only two ntsc nations on the planet who also refused to use scart

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

not that it matters either way anymore because ill just emu a gamecube

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

not that it matters either way anymore because ill just emu a gamecube

What do birds have to do with it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also did everyone who played FF8 also think "GF, you mean girlfriend lol" because I think that seems to be universal?

I played too much Diablo 2 as a kid and GF to me is always going to be Grandfather.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

you got to play every single game from before pal60 with extra reaction time in between frames so IDK what you're complaining about

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SeXReX posted:

There was a really hilarious take I saw once about how nerds are embarrassing for knowing "the massive list of rules for thousands of magic cards but not how to play bridge" that really made me want to make a game that uses a standard deck of 52 to play one of those games that's so complex no one actually wants to play it

that's bridge lol

I've read the rules a half dozen times and cannot comprehend the scoring

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

you got to play every single game from before pal60 with extra reaction time in between frames so IDK what you're complaining about

punished for having the higher res standard by lazy slow ports

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

perhaps the same could be said of pc gaming

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

oddium posted:

i ripped all my gcn games to sd through my wii and i got nintendont installed at the wii u home screen level which is nice. having a good time with this overall

I didn't even think about the possibility that I could rip GCN games with Wii homebrew. I only messed with Wii homebrew enough to backup my Wii Shop purchases. I should backup my entire (apparently now expensive) GCN collection.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna make a bunch of little gamecubes

http://rockybergen.com/whatsnew/2018/7/21/nintendo-gamecube-papercraft

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

I didn't even think about the possibility that I could rip GCN games with Wii homebrew. I only messed with Wii homebrew enough to backup my Wii Shop purchases. I should backup my entire (apparently now expensive) GCN collection.

yeah it's real simple with letterbomb and cleanrip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh hey this is really cool. Going to do this as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what internet speed makes ripping to sd with the internal wii reader slower than downloading

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its 2020, pirates are cool now, post your favorite cracktro + nfo file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

me: i think crime is cool against the big corps who make millions, i say "steal from the rich and even eat them"

oddium: uhhhh please dont hurt the millionaires... theyre trying to help us... if they get rich itll "trickle down"

me, in rebuttal, ive got shades and a trenchcoat on now and im smoking too: the only thing i want to "trickle down" is the tears down their face as i look down at them and say "no"