Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Cardiac is both alive and in very good company, hanging out with the incredible Faiza Hussain and the less incredible Manikin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

Cardiac is both alive and in very good company, hanging out with the incredible Faiza Hussain and the less incredible Manikin.

What's the last thing Faiza was in before this? I liked her in Capatain Britain.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

She was in a few issues of U.S.Avengers-- I think Al Ewing has a soft spot for the character (she also showed up in his Secret Wars mini). Before that it looks like she was in a handful of issues of James Asmus' pretty good Gambit series in 2012, showed up again very briefly in Paul Cornell's Wolverine, and then Simon Spurrier used her a few times in his X-Men Legacy and X-Force.

I mean if 80% of your appearances are going to be split between three writers though, Spurrier, Cornell, and Ewing are pretty a pretty good hand.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
She was in a Secret Wars tie-in (Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders) and I think she was in a tie-in in some book during Secret Empire but I could be wrong there.

e: f,b

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I could have sworn that Cardiac was killed off ages ago. Is that the same Cardiac?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
She's basically the best choice if you wanted a muslim woman in your book. The other options are Ms Marvel, who is great but enough of a big deal you probably need to get multiple people to okay her, or the mutant whose power is to turn into sand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I could have sworn that Cardiac was killed off ages ago. Is that the same Cardiac?

Everyone on that page except maybe Night Nurse has died at least once.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Read Captain America 180 and the change from Captain America to the Nomad costume is terrible.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

She's basically the best choice if you wanted a muslim woman in your book. The other options are Ms Marvel, who is great but enough of a big deal you probably need to get multiple people to okay her, or the mutant whose power is to turn into sand.

That's slightly unfair. In that picture she's clearly there because she's a doctor.

Rhyno posted:

The advantage of being a minor character is that when you're killed off there's a good chance that nobody remembers that you've been killed off and you get used again anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BUT I REMEMBER WHAT ABOUT MY FEELINGS

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How Wonderful! posted:

A lot of the major Guardians of the Galaxy characters are the beneficiaries of pretty major 21st century redesigns.

Especially Gamora.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

Especially Gamora.

I really don't care for the synergy costume Starlord adopted when the film came out. His neo-classical suit from Avengers Assemble was nearly perfect.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
His entry on the Marvel wiki doesn't have anything about Cardiac dying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

His entry on the Marvel wiki doesn't have anything about Cardiac dying.

Clearly it's been edited in the cover up.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

We're in that really sad Astro City issue except all that Rhyno lost is the melancholic memory of Cardiac being dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

We're in that really sad Astro City issue except all that Rhyno lost is the melancholic memory of Cardiac being dead.

I HELD HIS BODY WHILE HE BLED OUT IN THE STREETS YOU CAN'T TELL ME THIS DIDNT HAPPEN

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

How Wonderful! posted:

I should read Astro City shouldn't I?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

ABSOLUTELY

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

the G is for Galactus

He's a Freemason. :tinfoil:

How Wonderful! posted:

Is this recent? Is Night Nurse back? Is she dating Doctor Strange again? :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, she is currently dating Hawkeye.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I HELD HIS BODY WHILE HE BLED OUT IN THE STREETS YOU CAN'T TELL ME THIS DIDNT HAPPEN

Sorry, but that was Kardiak.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

prefect posted:

He's a Freemason. :tinfoil:

Is this recent? Is Night Nurse back? Is she dating Doctor Strange again? :swoon:

Just a few months old! This is from Valkyrie #7, the last issue co-written by Al Ewing and Jason Aaron.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Iceman's snowy faceless design was not as good as his block of ice with human features look that came later. I mean to be frank, all of the original X-Men costumes sucked.

bessantj posted:

Every person should read The Nearness of You. It should replace The Great Gatsby in schools.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

bessantj posted:

Only if you want to read some drat good comics.

Also I'm sure Cardiac appreciates someone caring about him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bessantj posted:

Read Captain America 180 and the change from Captain America to the Nomad costume is terrible.

The extremely short Cap-becomes-Nomad run was still too long.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rhyno posted:

Boooo she could do much better

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rhyno posted:

Clint or Kate? I'd find Clint more surprising since Night Nurse seems to have pretty good self esteem and common sense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bessantj posted:

Starlord's costume is a bit poo poo, he did well out of any redesign. Black Widow had a good redesign as well.

I always liked the Annihilation version of his costume.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

That's slightly unfair. In that picture she's clearly there because she's a doctor.

I phrased that poorly, I wasn't trying to say that's why she was in Valkyrie, just making an observation about MENA characters in Marvel comics.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/cardiacwirthamspdrmn.html

If the Unofficial Appendix doesn't show him dying, I guess Cardiac never died

take the Hanged Man up on his offer next time, Rhyno

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Iceman's snowy faceless design was not as good as his block of ice with human features look that came later. I mean to be frank, all of the original X-Men costumes sucked.

Every person should read The Nearness of You. It should replace The Great Gatsby in schools.

Also, The Tarnished Angel and The Confession

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Clint or Kate? I'd find Clint more surprising since Night Nurse seems to have pretty good self esteem and common sense.

The former.

(They later broke up because of comedy hijinks)

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

How Wonderful! posted:

Manikin? drat. I love Alpha Flight and dumb old characters and even I haven't thought of bringing him back.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s alright, man. One day you’ll find a character so obscure that Marvel will give you the Avengers and any other book you want.

I’m under the assumption that the Marvel hierarchy is based on who can revamp the most forgotten character.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s alright, man. One day you’ll find a character so obscure that Marvel will give you the Avengers and any other book you want.

I’m under the assumption that the Marvel hierarchy is based on who can revamp the most forgotten character.

I recommend The Osprey, who I only remember because he was used as an example of character creation in the original Marvel Super Heroes RPG

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Finally, time to pitch my Inquisitor from the Questprobe text adventure games series!

(Yes, Marvel actually owns him. His storyline was wrapped up over ten years after he was relevant in Quasar because Mark Gruenwald.)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean, he's bringing back Menace/Queen Cat, so he's already on his way!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I do want to say that I'm happy Black Cat is in the shockingly small list of titles that are resuming publication.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I finally read the first volume of "The Wrong Earth" from Ahoy Comics. I enjoyed the FCBD issue of it and the first volume was great. However, I'm wondering if I go to Dragonfly & Dragonflyman next? Is it a continuation of the first volume? The images of the covers that it collects make it look like a prequel instead. Ahoy's website didn't really clarify it, and there's nothing on Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

maltesh posted:

Speaking of Galactus, if'm not mistaken, this is what he looked like in his first appearance in FF #48, with blue and purple recolors coming later.

(Me, a week later, whispering to date: “That’s Ghappie.”)