Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
Very good Eweka Deal: https://www.eweka.nl/en/landing/speciaal-deal € 2,99/mo unlim recurring

Might need to use a different email if you already have an account

Don't sleep on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

sonatinas posted:

Directly. Was hesitant using docker when it wanted more privileges.

Like what? I run it with UID and GID = to a non-privileged user. I don't believe it assumes root or anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sonatinas posted:

Are their decent alternatives to sonar/radarr? They’re unusable in OS X Catalina with no good way to access directories. I guess I can go back to couch potato for movies.

There’s a one line thing to get them working, I can’t remember it off the top of my head but if you google it it’ll come up. I run both in Catalina fine.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I was able to execute the apps in Catalina with chmod +x however, permissions with accessing removable drives or even local ones aren't working. Tried it in docker as well and same issue. Might have to dig into the GitHub forums for an answer.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When I remote in to my machine later I’ll see if it’s something I can extract from it, it really is a single command that allows mono to deal with removable drives and is a common thing everyone on Catalina has to do for it, so came up quickly when I searched.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Usenet.farm is having a 35% off sale on block accounts (KINGSDAY2020 is the code) too

Just nabbed Eweka and set up as a secondary to Newsdemon (ugh, regret this switch from NGD... horrible completion) and on literally my first test D/L more than 10% are coming from there, so I'm pretty happy to add it for $3/mo.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 29, 2020

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

When I remote in to my machine later I’ll see if it’s something I can extract from it, it really is a single command that allows mono to deal with removable drives and is a common thing everyone on Catalina has to do for it, so came up quickly when I searched.

Yeah, that's the trick I used too. That being said, this was a main reason to finally spur me into building a NAS

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

I'm running into an issue with NZBGet where it unpacks downloads into c:\Nzbget\complete\FileX\_unpack\ then it moves the entire folder to external storage e:\videos\FileX\_unpack then and only then it deletes the unpack folder and tries to move the video file into the main directory.

This step is failing because Plex is auto scanning the directory for changes and has the file/folder open. Is there something in NZBGet I can do to make it fix its directory structure before moving? Or probably easier some dumb plex setting my noob rear end is missing. My setup is fairly automated right now, Sonarr, Radarr and my 1click NZB site > NZBGet browser extension auto catgeorizes. This is an annoying manual cleanup step and Plex doesn't properly match the \_unpack\ movies. If they matched I'd probably care less because then it's just autistic housekeeping.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 30, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like you have the videos folder as the ‘complete’ path in nzbget? Personally I’d suggest keeping that folder isolated in the downloads area and having Sonarr and Radarr do your file management for you, it’s far less a hassle.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds like you have the videos folder as the ‘complete’ path in nzbget? Personally I’d suggest keeping that folder isolated in the downloads area and having Sonarr and Radarr do your file management for you, it’s far less a hassle.

I think that's it, I use Sonarr but don't for Radarr. I guess I haven't seen the need. NZBDonkey makes it one click from just searching "Public Domain Movie 1080p" on nzb.su. Sends it right to NZBGet with "Movies" category. Thinking about it that way there's lots of stuff I can do here. Dumping it to external\intermediate and running a simple batch file to move every 5 minutes should solve this. Or just use radarr. I guess I still dont see the benefits like TV shows which are ongoing, I'm sure it's not a ton but it seems like a lot of overhead for basically one off downloads.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

charity rereg posted:

I think that's it, I use Sonarr but don't for Radarr. I guess I haven't seen the need. NZBDonkey makes it one click from just searching "Public Domain Movie 1080p" on nzb.su. Sends it right to NZBGet with "Movies" category. Thinking about it that way there's lots of stuff I can do here. Dumping it to external\intermediate and running a simple batch file to move every 5 minutes should solve this. Or just use radarr. I guess I still dont see the benefits like TV shows which are ongoing, I'm sure it's not a ton but it seems like a lot of overhead for basically one off downloads.

A few reasons to use radarr:

1. You mostly download movies that were not available when you decide you want them. AKA, when you hear about or see trailers for upcoming movies. You add them to radarr and they just automatically get downloaded when they're available.
2. You want to make sure you movies are upgraded in quality when better quality versions come out.
3. You want to ensure consistent naming and organization of your movies.

If you always just download movies the instant you think about them and they're always available when you want them and you don't care about consistent naming, then there's no reason to do anything other than just click and download like you're doing now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Radarr is mainly used for queueing up stuff for the future (to me anyway, I know a lot of people ITT were aghast when I said once I hit 'final' status I remove the movies from Radarr in batches as I don't need it being a catalog). So a few things that make it useful are connecting it to your iMDB watchlist, so you're out (one day, in the far future...) and you see a trailer or someone mentions a film to you and it's a few clicks and it's ready and waiting. Or replacing web rips with blu-rays which can take longer. People also have it set to download based on things like trakt.tv lists which log popular movies at the moment, if that's your jam.

e: ha got caught in a meeting so everything already covered between me typing and being able to hit submit.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Hmm yeah I think for now tinkering with the automation flow is a simpler thing for me. I got high the other night and just typed "1080p x265" into the movies section of su and went through like 50 pages.

I do like the naming because more and more files are spitting out as very differently named than their folders which is super annoying, but that sounds like a fun NZBget post processing thing anyway - or possibly something I can include with Plex.

I also delete stuff from Sonarr or dont add it if I have it all, NZBget provides a record, plex provides a record, and it's a pretty lovely HD crash where you can't even get a file list. To be honest I find Sonarr has been crap lately at back filling and works much better as an ongoing. I was getting a very popular tv show the other day and it got like... <20% of the episodes, it seems to do very poorly with some of the new codecs? Like it's not even seeing ones I could see manually on the same indexer.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 30, 2020

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

charity rereg posted:

Like it's not even seeing ones I could see manually on the same indexer.

You might check which categories are being searched in Sonarr versus where they are found manually in the indexer. Look at Sonarr->Settings->Indexers->Your Indexer for categories list. Your manual indexer usually doesn't have it directly visible but look in the URL hyperlinks it has for stuff such as "t=5030" - that's the number to add to Sonarr list.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

charity rereg posted:

Hmm yeah I think for now tinkering with the automation flow is a simpler thing for me. I got high the other night and just typed "1080p x265" into the movies section of su and went through like 50 pages.

I do like the naming because more and more files are spitting out as very differently named than their folders which is super annoying, but that sounds like a fun NZBget post processing thing anyway - or possibly something I can include with Plex.

I also delete stuff from Sonarr or dont add it if I have it all, NZBget provides a record, plex provides a record, and it's a pretty lovely HD crash where you can't even get a file list. To be honest I find Sonarr has been crap lately at back filling and works much better as an ongoing. I was getting a very popular tv show the other day and it got like... <20% of the episodes, it seems to do very poorly with some of the new codecs? Like it's not even seeing ones I could see manually on the same indexer.

That sounds more like provider issues than sonarr problems. Maybe sonarr configuration problems?

Over the past month I've added 20ish shows (older and new) and it found all the available episodes in the best quality.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Radarr is also nice if you need Wife/Partner approval Factor. I set up Ombi with it, installed the app on her phone and configured it, and she can now add movies and TV to our Plex whenever she wants.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Thermopyle posted:

That sounds more like provider issues than sonarr problems. Maybe sonarr configuration problems?

Over the past month I've added 20ish shows (older and new) and it found all the available episodes in the best quality.

Definitely Sonarr configuration, maybe the other poster is on to it, because Sonarr doesn't even try to download them. Definitely not provider issues, they download (or not) if I do it manually, and I've got a pretty robust system of backup providers now. I'll look into the categories. I've already got it cheating HEVC rips by setting 1080p to small forced file sizes so I have a setting for "any 720p, or 1080p x265" to keep space low.

edit: Hmm it's searching pretty broad categories on Sonarr. Not sure what's going on. Can't go into too many more specifics without naming shows, but basically I added a 13 season show hit "get all missing episodes" (all of them) and it came up with like... 15 across all seasons. I am using Su and Crawler, which even have the same category #s

Got my automation issue fixed for movies with a little batch file, now every hour windows just pushes them over, if someone really wants a movie on plex instantly they can ask I guess. I could probably have it run every 5 minutes with no impact on the system but that seems a bit dumb.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 30, 2020

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Matt Zerella posted:

Radarr is also nice if you need Wife/Partner approval Factor. I set up Ombi with it, installed the app on her phone and configured it, and she can now add movies and TV to our Plex whenever she wants.

+1 on this. Ombi/radarr/sonarr gets the Mrs McJerkface seal of approval.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The fun part is explaining why Le Mis 25th anniversary and Roswell are on there to my friends :/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

True friends would ask why you don’t have the 10th Anniversary too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

True friends would ask why you don’t have the 10th Anniversary too.

Oh that's there too.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Jerk McJerkface posted:

my wife is generally fine asking me to download stuff but i'm pretty sure she can use radarr in a pinch. i'm coming around to the idea mostly because this has been a fun project. i can see this evolving into a proper basement plex server once i can scratch up something better than this 3rd gen i5...

the movies script works fine for now but obviously doesn't fix the renaming issue as NZBget doesn't rename, it does fix the "plex doesn't find it in _unpack" issue though. i know there are solutions but i may just go radarr, as this starts to open up letting my disabled mom add stuff directly via remote access.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 1, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You don’t often need tons of grunt for a full set up. I can’t remember what gen i5 my 2012 Mac Mini is but it sure ain’t recent, and it runs the full array of software, a 36TB library, and all while being my primary computer and having like 10 external Plex users on it. I’ve seen it transcode 3 or 4 streams at once and everyone looked like their playback went fine.

(Ideally I want them all on Firestick 4Ks when they go on sale next, I have tons of bandwidth so sending direct stream is far more preferable).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 1, 2020

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

we're a roku family and i'm finding a lot isn't direct stream, also i have like 500/10 with xfinity so quality is an issue for my quality of life. I can do some basic QoS stuff but yeah so far its holding up just fine. x265 stuff seems to tax the hell out of it though, i'm not in a rush to switch off this system, i just upgraded from a 2nd gen i5. i'm also not on plex pass so i'm not using GPU at all. waiting for black friday.

2012 mac mini is a 3rd, and specifically a beast. the 3rd gen processors were pretty nice. pretty sure at some point in the future a better system or at least board/CPU will come my way via work.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah hevc playback needs to be in all low end stick clients ASAP. I had a Roku in the bedroom but switched out for a Firestick when I moved from xfinity to At&T hoping the tv app would rival the excellent Comcast one (it doesn’t, it’s poo poo). But the codec coverage on the 4K is excellent and at $25 during sales it’s solid, so I’m happy enough.

I need to get my Roku friends to fine tune their settings a bit as it seems to default to 3mbps 720p out of the box. If I can get them to 10mbit 1080 at least it’ll cut down on transcodes on the video at least.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Anyone having issues with NZB.SU? All of a sudden I couldn't login yesterday and I also cannot receive a "forgot password" email from them for over 24 hours now.

As a test I _am_ able to make a brand new account, which if push comes to shove I might do? My VIP was up in July so it's only a few bucks

e: ok that was dumb i tracked down an email for them ("contact" doesn't work on the site) and they manually reset in 5 min. :)

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 2, 2020

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

charity rereg posted:

my wife is generally fine asking me to download stuff but i'm pretty sure she can use radarr in a pinch. i'm coming around to the idea mostly because this has been a fun project. i can see this evolving into a proper basement plex server once i can scratch up something better than this 3rd gen i5...

the movies script works fine for now but obviously doesn't fix the renaming issue as NZBget doesn't rename, it does fix the "plex doesn't find it in _unpack" issue though. i know there are solutions but i may just go radarr, as this starts to open up letting my disabled mom add stuff directly via remote access.

I think that Radarr/Sonarr handle renaming? I use Sabnzbd, but I've never had any naming issues.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I think that Radarr/Sonarr handle renaming? I use Sabnzbd, but I've never had any naming issues.

ya i dont use radarr, which is why it only happens with movies, i mispoke there and meant my wife can use sonarr. i spent the morning tinkering and now it's running nicely. videosort does movie renaming for me now in exactly the format I like. Just to be safe (though I think it's now solved) it dumps into \IncomingMovies and then every 15 min a batch file pushes it to \Movies and Plex does its thing. The batch file takes no resources as for now the files are on the same drive, so I figured 15 minutes was safe. Back in action.

I also realized I was connecting to NL servers for NewsDemon for some reason and switched to US and now get my full connection instead of only 30 MB/s. I'm running Su/crawler/cat with Demon/Eweka/Farm/NGD blocks as backup. Feeling pretty robust at the moment.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 2, 2020

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wish I were in a position to complain about 30MB/s

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Former Human posted:

i was only getting 40ish MB/sec changed my connections to use all 50 allowed connections now i get 100+MB/s

god bless gigabit and usenet

i only have NGD

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I started working on this but my Pi 3 just lags horribly on running the suite minus Plex. I’m hesitant to open up a port to my PC for it unless I make it local network only which kinda defeats the purpose of Ombi for the most part.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Irritated Goat posted:

I started working on this but my Pi 3 just lags horribly on running the suite minus Plex. I’m hesitant to open up a port to my PC for it unless I make it local network only which kinda defeats the purpose of Ombi for the most part.

Eh, kind of. It's a good start still for adding stuff while we are on lockdown.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Former Human posted:

I have like 600/10 or something, they kept bumping it and my current modem only supports 400 or 500? I'm not buying new equipment it's fast enough though. May drop down to 300/10 to save money actually.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Both of my go to indexers went down for maintenance over the weekend. Is there a go to "spit and duct tape" indexer that can fill the gap? I remember, like, binsearch (?) a while ago, but I don't know if it still exists.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Irritated Goat posted:

I tried the ombi thing over the weekend. great, absolute great concept. I didn't like it so much as getting it to work properly and just ran out of patience to get it working from outside my network and not entirely sure how i would go about that anyways? need some better instructions, also forgot my rutorrent was on port 5000 which botched things for awhile. Ended up just getting rid of Ombi for the time being. I will keep an eye on the project, once it matures more i will give it another try.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have Ombi running but half the time I don’t even bother telling users about it and just field their requests by hand. It works ok but is a little buggy (for some reason it managed to make some ghost entries in Radarr that didn’t have movie names attached which was fun).

If it’s just movies, you can always get people to make IMDb watchlists and sync those directly to radarr.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ombi is great in theory, but after setting it up instead of getting texts asking for movies I got texts asking where and how to use Ombi again because they forgot since the last time. I ended up just going back to manually filling the handful of requests I get since it was less hassle.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

The Modern Leper posted:

Both of my go to indexers went down for maintenance over the weekend. Is there a go to "spit and duct tape" indexer that can fill the gap? I remember, like, binsearch (?) a while ago, but I don't know if it still exists.

I'm not aware of any that allow API calls for free. If you're willing to manually search the reddit wiki lists free ones: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/indexers

You mayyy be able to setup some RSS fuckery as a real duct tape solution.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So I got a new 8 TB harddrive to increase the storage of my DS918 nas because I keep running out (gently caress you remux's god drat), which ended up loving up my RAID when I installed it and destroying the DSM causing a huge scare that i might have lost data. Fortunately was able to do some resets and reinstall the DSM from scratch leaving the data intact, and then run a repair/parity check (which took almost 2-days) and it's up and running.

I originally had Sonarr/Radarr/SABNZB running through native synocommunity packages but I used this fresh install as an opportunity to move to Docker containers and was able to move to an Ombi/Radarr/Sonarr/NZBHydra2/NZBGet setup instead. Wasn't as hard as I expected and mostly straightforward with some weird quirks. I'm not quite sure I see major advantages in doing so but they do seem like they're newer versions and more stable, so that's good--no regrets there. Is there a quick way to package up and backup all my Docker containers with configs such I can just quickly reinstall them if I ever need to do so?

Now I heard NZBGet was better than SAB so that's why I went with this on the fresh install; however, NZBGet seems to be downloading loving slow as hell compared to what SAB used to get. Like maxing out somewhere between 10-25MB/S on a gigabit fiber connection is pretty poor (Newshosting and Eweka--the former is usually fast and the latter isn't quite as much but usually pulls in at least 30MB/s on it's own; so around 80 connections in total). I tried various Write Cache/etc settings and nothing seemed to matter, and I tried both SSL and Non-SSL connections. I ended up just installing SABNZB in Docker and swapping Radarr/sonarr over to that, and getting pretty solid 50-60MB/s now. It's like night and day how much faster it's working and over double the speeds.

Is there any reason that NZBGet is downloading and unpacking so much slower? I'm fine with just using SAB and seems like that's the solution, and also seems to unpack faster, but it's really weird. I'm not sure why NZBGet seems to be recommended over SAB since it seems like it's a noticebly slower and crappier overall.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My settings in nzbget for newshosting are

news.newshosting.com
Port 563
50 connections

Generally get around 90-100 MB/sec on a gigabit line.