Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Glad to see that Mamizou is still an rear end in a top hat. And the panel with Suika pouring sake into her eye is my new favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ominous intro text box. Who could it be...?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Carlioo posted:

Glad to see that Mamizou is still an rear end in a top hat. And the panel with Suika pouring sake into her eye is my new favorite

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

An entire sake brewery inside a gourd!? :stare:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

How do you think that limitless Sake gets made??

Also i'm glad i'm getting what I wanted out of this manga. More Suika.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

How do you think that limitless Sake gets made??

That booze worm that they introduced in... OSR, I think?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

WarpedNaba posted:

That booze worm that they introduced in... OSR, I think?

Who do you think runs the brewery?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Also, I've been translating Touhou fancomics on the 'boorus if you're interested. Mostly Fuantei, but also Gensoukumuten stuff.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Got a friend who's interested in getting into 2hu, gimme manga recs.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Of those official ones, I'm fond of Forbidden Scrollery, Lotus Eater, and Wild and Horned Hermit.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

It should be noted that Forbidden Scrollery has an official English translation.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Definitely Forbidden Scrollery, probably my favorite of the mangas and the most consistent? Wild & Horned Hermit was completely fine but I feel it didn't really get good until it started ending.

I have a fondness for the Reisen & Tewi 4Koma but I feel 4Komas are so ymmv

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I can also recommend The Shinigami's Rowing Her Boat as Usual if Strange Creations of the Outer World stuff is also fine.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Touhou Lost Word, the other big smartphone/gacha game just came out a few days ago. The overall tone is a bit more serious than Cannonball (right at the start, Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae get transported to a parallel Gensokyo that for some reason has a high school with matching uniforms, but is flooded by the moon's seawater and has no immediately apparent source of fresh water) but it has way more of the smartphone game trappings like complex leveling systems, auto/idle play features, and multiple kinds of currency. It's a more than a little concerning to see Reimu and Marisa get hype over ever larger in-game purchases.

Aesthetically, I prefer Cannonball more since the Live2D and 3D animation is more expressive than simple facial expression changes and puppet-like battle movements, but Lost Word does let you pick from three different voice banks for each character you obtain which is pretty impressive.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

leather fedora posted:

Lost Word does let you pick from three different voice banks for each character you obtain which is pretty impressive.

What, like Disgaea? Can I pick between a Sweet, Tsundere, and Ruthless Reimu?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
High School sukeban Okina has a real strong look.

She even has the yoyo.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
attn mima fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4w_6SSEcI&t=296s

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Was that recorded recently? Surprised an orchestra would get together like that during the pandemic.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hell, :same:

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Was that recorded recently? Surprised an orchestra would get together like that during the pandemic.

It's from the concert they had during golden week last year, featuring music from Games 4 - 9. There's other clips on their youtube channel

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

cool

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

HellCopter posted:

What, like Disgaea? Can I pick between a Sweet, Tsundere, and Ruthless Reimu?
The actual lines are the same, only the voices are different, so while that technically could be possible, it's not that dramatic a change.

And yeah, the JAGMO performances are really amazing, especially in person. They had another one scheduled for during Comiket but that got cancelled so they're uploading past recordings to kinda fill that gap.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
There any sort of quick guides yet so English players can understand like starting up and whatnot?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

does zun like mima

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/ap_kiso/status/1256725738453176320

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Squiddycat posted:

does zun like mima

yeah, everyone does

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Nages posted:

yeah, everyone does

:hai:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nages posted:

yeah, everyone does

Not me.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

That music in the background. :discourse:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://twitter.com/jirober98/status/1254041379883212800

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

This implies Reimu can afford windows.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't see reimu's bow so I just assumed it was some random human village dude with a bowl cut

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I've 1cced all the Touhous except WBaWC on Normal (Pointdevice for LoLK ofc) and I finally got around to giving WBaWC a few tries yesterday. The visibility is really bad in that game I kind of don't want to try finishing it.

The last two stages are really fun though. It's a shame because I feel like I'd like the game a lot more if it weren't for the gimmick, which I hated in UFO and I hate just as much now that we have a rehash of it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

controversial opinion but UFO is good

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

https://twitter.com/OkuuArt/status/1257788396157558784

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

... eh. Doesn't come near the drunken Suika 'We are experiencing technical difficulties' screen.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm getting a real "elon musk as catgirl" vibe right now

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

I feel like this is a lie because Reimu would have gotten up twelve seconds in and kicked everyone's asses so she could get some sleep.

That's how most Touhou games start.

WarpedNaba posted:

... eh. Doesn't come near the drunken Suika 'We are experiencing technical difficulties' screen.

I know I've seen this before but where did it come up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIq9f3kW1cA&t=186s