Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

veni veni veni posted:

For as much as the Origin gets poo poo on in MP I feel like it is bar none the best WZ shotgun. It feels so much more consistent than the R9 and the 725 and 680 just suck rear end. origin drops with ease though.

If you didn't have to shove it up the persons rear end to do any damage, yeah, it would be fine, but the R9 is a much better shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

extended wait times implies theres a point at which matchmaking will work

that was not my experience

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Aww man I tried to level the new lmg (anyone know what irl weapon it is?) by hanging back in ground war and shooting down killstreaks but they dont give weapon xp

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think i read its an m249

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
RPG nerf when? Every motherfucker running around with 7 goddamn rockets and squads of people spamming them is getting really loving old. Reduce the splash damage against infantry, reduce the number of rockets you can hold, please god something

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Bardeh posted:

RPG nerf when? Every motherfucker running around with 7 goddamn rockets and squads of people spamming them is getting really loving old. Reduce the splash damage against infantry, reduce the number of rockets you can hold, please god something

i dont really think thats gonna happen, RPGs have been insane since day one.

i got a gold RPG and gold shield on the same day a few weeks after release

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Well one of the Devs tweeted it was happening next patch so

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Statutory Ape posted:

For regular MP it's not an issue though, it's only in Warzone where you have the time and space for the RPG to be a massive annoying boring pain in the rear end.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

all these smoke challenges are broken, kill them near the smoke, no progress, kill with me in the smoke, no progress, kill with both of us in the smoke no progress.

but occasionally sometimes progress, ugh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/1256406582931251201

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Just tried, they appear to have fixed fuckall.

e: even better, it's reset all my smoke kills. GFJ .

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 2, 2020

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
It was working just fine for a while, but it broke again like 5 minutes ago

Also half the matches I had in that time it worked had cheaters hardlocking headshots, lots of fun

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Those of you who crash all the time, do you run multiple monitors? I can count on one hand the CTDs I've had in recent years and I only ever run one monitor. I put my Surface on my desk for a secondary screen when I need it.

Or have you been duped into thinking updates=bad? I also always keep everything up to date. Everything.

In addition to the latest patch ruining the game more than ever, cheating is way up again the last few days woooooooooooooooooooooo

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 2, 2020

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
had a really fun game of plunder just now. spent the last 10 minutes of a match trying to get a cash-drop that perched on the 'аэропорт' lettering on the roof of the airport while my two rando team mates camped in the control tower. They did a great job sniping and spotting but after a couple minutes there were just too many people parachuting in and choppers flying about mushing people. Was like the whole round was just about who got the cash drop.

I think one of the reasons I prefer Plunder to BR is it just seems to encourage weird meta games like this.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

toiletbrush posted:

had a really fun game of plunder just now. spent the last 10 minutes of a match trying to get a cash-drop that perched on the 'аэропорт' lettering on the roof of the airport while my two rando team mates camped in the control tower. They did a great job sniping and spotting but after a couple minutes there were just too many people parachuting in and choppers flying about mushing people. Was like the whole round was just about who got the cash drop.

I think one of the reasons I prefer Plunder to BR is it just seems to encourage weird meta games like this.

It’s got pods of extremely emergent situations throughout. It’s really fun (although I’m sick of parachuting RPG users that aren’t me)

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

toiletbrush posted:

I'd play Plunder more because it's cool, but 90% of the time it doesn't award any loving battle pass XP.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Comms are totally crazy now too. Its seems like it's fine in lobby, all comms die on drop in, then when game is over they are back. We tried
PC to PC
PC to PS4
PS4 to PS4

The only way to have consistency was to either be in a ps4 party or be in discord. Since ps4 has no discord app or PC communication app it leaves one of our group in the cold.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Comms are totally crazy now too. Its seems like it's fine in lobby, all comms die on drop in, then when game is over they are back. We tried
PC to PC
PC to PS4
PS4 to PS4

The only way to have consistency was to either be in a ps4 party or be in discord. Since ps4 has no discord app or PC communication app it leaves one of our group in the cold.

Work group is split nearly 50/50 over Xbox and PS4, it's a pain in the arse as it's so random.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It seems extremely dumb and obvious, especially since I mostly run and gun in multi and hip fire all the time, but for some reason in warzone I’ve always impulsively ADSed just about everything. I don’t know if it’s the higher TTK or what. It just felt like the thing to do. In the last few days I untrained myself and started letting myself hip fire in WZ and it’s just an absolute game changer. I feel like I’m winning 90% of close range shootouts with SMGs now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there any difference at all between the various optics of the same type? Like why are there 5 different red dots, holographics, and zoom ones?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I should plant the care package like this more often as a way to keep it safe

https://i.imgur.com/MWc1eee.gifv

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Work group is split nearly 50/50 over Xbox and PS4, it's a pain in the arse as it's so random.

I feel your pain. I wish discord would put out an xbox & ps4 app that works with PC. It's funny that crossplay has finally arrived but cross communication relies on in-game garbage.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there any difference at all between the various optics of the same type? Like why are there 5 different red dots, holographics, and zoom ones?

I'm reasonably sure all of the reflex types are the same other than personal preference for appearance. I can't speak for the other sights

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

I feel your pain. I wish discord would put out an xbox & ps4 app that works with PC. It's funny that crossplay has finally arrived but cross communication relies on in-game garbage.

I never had an issues pre patch though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

It means they can put more levels on guns, which is content.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

You can use the Xbox app on pc to join Xbox party chats. Works really well in my experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

TBF it's not like being able to choose the look of your optic is insignificant. There are optics that I love and others I hate that are probably functionally identical.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

TBF it's not like being able to choose the look of your optic is insignificant. There are optics that I love and others I hate that are probably functionally identical.

Yep some block more vision than others

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

sad that unlocking diff. reticules is considered "content" these days...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's not anything new. And it's weird to me anyone would complain about the "content" in MW considering it has more actual content than any shooter I've ever played.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s got pods of extremely emergent situations throughout. It’s really fun (although I’m sick of parachuting RPG users that aren’t me)

Surely you’re not suggesting that the people you killed shouldn’t be given advantageous positioning possibilities, free plates and ammo for losing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the team wipe to make a team gently caress off isn't as punishing as it could be. sometimes you just get caught with 1-2 teams just endlessly dropping on you and it can get a little tiring. You should spawn further and further from the team the quicker your deaths are until you get the hint that you should gently caress off and go elsewhere.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

PC to PC
PC to PS4
PS4 to PS4

Cell phone + earbud with a mic under your headphones works fine with Discord, we had to do that yesterday for a crossplay group.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the deal with the battle pass? I don't get what a "tier" is and why you'd pay for the more expensive battle pass to get "tier 100".

toiletbrush posted:

the 'аэропорт' lettering on the roof of the airport

It just says "airport" in demon script. My turd-tier cyrillic skills have been very handy lol

Profanity posted:

I'd play Plunder more because it's cool, but 90% of the time it doesn't award any loving battle pass XP.

Yeah I was stuck at level 1 for a while. Seems like any time I do really well nothing counts. Took maybe 10 ish matches to get to level 4 and unlock customizable loadouts...

codo27 posted:

Those of you who crash all the time, do you run multiple monitors? I can count on one hand the CTDs I've had in recent years and I only ever run one monitor. I put my Surface on my desk for a secondary screen when I need it.

Or have you been duped into thinking updates=bad? I also always keep everything up to date. Everything.

In addition to the latest patch ruining the game more than ever, cheating is way up again the last few days woooooooooooooooooooooo

I've got one screen and was getting CTD within about a minute of playing any match. Until I did the alt-tab while playing and manually add a "1" to both the launcher and regular exe files. Game is just janky af. Like one match the top half of the screen turned black, then my framerate went to poo poo, came in the top ten which was cool. None of the XP counted though of course.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The things marked Free you get for leveling the pass up that level, if you pay you get all the stuff in between the free ones. You get 1400 points if you reach somewhere near the end, I don't know the exact tier, so it pays for the next season's + 400 if you buy it once and complete it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Other program overlays have made my game CTD and each patch brings a new one

Discord Overlay
Nvidia Overlay
Xbox Overlay - NEW

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Between the resurgence in cheaters and scrubshot akimbos, holy gently caress what a day. Its just demoralizing. God I miss battlefield being good.

I think I may have a solution for you console people. I have the Arctis 3 headset and its wired but also has bluetooth, and both can be used at once. So I'm wired to my PC but say if I get a phone call I just turn on bluetooth and accept it while I'm playing. No reason you wouldn't be able to plug in to your controller but also bluetooth to your phone or computer for discord, only issue would be it would have to be always on, not push to talk.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VulgarandStupid posted:

Surely you’re not suggesting that the people you killed shouldn’t be given advantageous positioning possibilities, free plates and ammo for losing.

Bitch I might be

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

codo27 posted:

I have the Arctis 3 headset and its wired but also has bluetooth, and both can be used at once. So I'm wired to my PC but say if I get a phone call I just turn on bluetooth and accept it while I'm playing. No reason you wouldn't be able to plug in to your controller but also bluetooth to your phone or computer for discord, only issue would be it would have to be always on, not push to talk.

I have a wired + bluetooth headphone setup as well and I couldn't get it to work off bluetooth with Discord. I didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just buy a console you absolute clowns