Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

baka kaba posted:

but solid snake is the greatest english-speaking anime role??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iC-yPs1UvU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rinkydink wave, I know, but it's so satisfying when things come together in TDs

https://i.imgur.com/TrDbXLj.mp4

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

GreatGreen posted:

I agree that all 4 of Sutherland's lines in the game were totally phoned in, but I'd rather listen to the voice acting in Just Cause 2 than Hayter. I'd rather laugh than be embarrassed on behalf of someone.

Really doubt he’s embarrassed by his possibly unmatched iconic video game voice over character.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Look Sir Droids posted:

Really doubt he’s embarrassed by his possibly unmatched iconic video game voice over character.

Is it unmatched because no one else has done such a lovely job?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ciaphas posted:

rinkydink wave, I know, but it's so satisfying when things come together in TDs

https://i.imgur.com/TrDbXLj.mp4

Which TD is that?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Lets not overblown things here, he did one gruff voice well and that was his entire career.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

StrixNebulosa posted:

Which TD is that?

Mindustry I think it's a TD with Factorio flavoring.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

David Hayter, Cam Clarke, and the guy who voiced Ocelot in MGS4 are the only voice actors to truly get what Metal Gear is about.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'd much rather hear something like Hayter understanding and properly hamming a role vs Steve Blum, Jennifer Hale, or Nolan North phoning in the same generic performance yet again (yes they've had good ones, but I'm so loving sick of hearing them).

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Samuringa posted:

Lets not overblown things here, he did one gruff voice well and that was his entire career.

It doesn’t have to be good to be iconic.

And yes, he totally gets the subject matter.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is it unmatched because no one else has done such a lovely job?
Such a lovely job?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The backlash against Hayter has been really confusing. I thought everybody who was into MGS was into the campiness and overacting but I guess some people were seething over it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As long as it's bad opinion o'clock I'll just remind everyone that Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Soulsborne, followed closely by Demon's Souls.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Hayter was great as both Snakes, and though I respect and applaud Kojima using his industry cachet to force celebrities to hang out with him, Sutherland was dull as dishwater.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Generation Zero really is a janky game and its stealth mechanic / running away from enemies makes no sense to me. At the first bunker, I get into it as a hunter (bigger robot) chases me into it, and then it was just sitting on-top of the bunker still firing away and no matter where I went, or how deep I went, I was still "in combat". Oh, there's a big hill between me and the enemies, and I cannot rotate around them with no line of sight as they just track me no matter what cover is in the way.

I want to like this game, and it seems like people are getting tons of playtime in with it, but jank that seems to only benefit the enemy is not good jank. Perhaps I should just turn it down to easy as well from normal and really care less about combat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kiefer Sutherland is the only actor in Metal Gear to not be going full on crazy person, therefore he is the weakest part of the whole franchise.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Lightningproof posted:

Hayter was great as both Snakes, and though I respect and applaud Kojima using his industry cachet to force celebrities to hang out with him, Sutherland was dull as dishwater.

The true phantom pain was not having all the campy bullshit in MGS5. The closest we got was Kazburgers, some old guy talking about bacteria loving, and some leery tiddy poo poo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

she has to breathe through her skin

But why is she taking a shower like that, isnt that drowning her

Uh she also has to drink through her skin. Yeah thats it

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Look Sir Droids posted:

The true phantom pain was not having all the campy bullshit in MGS5. The closest we got was Kazburgers, some old guy talking about bacteria loving, and some leery tiddy poo poo.

Yeah, especially after Peacewalker went all in on the goofy nonsense. There were side missions where you had to go take pictures of ghosts! Or fight monsters from Monster Hunter, complete with those cats that help you cook rations on a spit over a fire. One of the big ultimate weapons you had to grind endgame boss fights to unlock was a human slingshot that could only be used with a full four-person coop party. There was a cardboard box with a working gun turret on top!

I was so excited for MGSV to be Peacewalker on a real console, but instead it's just all grim serious nonsense about child soldiers and horrific human experimentation and even the wacky scientist is an incredibly horrible person.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Troy Baker is objectively the worst Ocelot.

That’s why we didn’t get a Date with Ocelot.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Ended up refunding Elemental TD 2. Just really wasn't what want I wanted out of it. It's purely "survive as long as you can" on the same 5 map sort of thing and that's pretty much it. I typically enjoy series of maps/campaign and puzzle typ estuff that you have to think and work through.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Begemot posted:

even the wacky scientist is an incredibly horrible person.

No actually this development owned because it just made Otacon's backstory even more insane.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrNutt posted:

As long as it's bad opinion o'clock I'll just remind everyone that Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Soulsborne, followed closely by Demon's Souls.

:hmmyes:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Funky Valentine posted:

No actually this development owned because it just made Otacon's backstory even more insane.

Oh I love it, and his VA is probably the best performance in the whole series, but it contributed to the whole "no fun allowed" atmosphere of the game.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Which TD is that?

As someone earlier said, Mindustry. Its free here https://anuke.itch.io/mindustry, consider supporting if you enjoy it

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Begemot posted:

I was so excited for MGSV :words: even the wacky scientist is an incredibly horrible person.
He kinda was in Peace Walker too, as a deliberate contrast to Otacon. Otacon learns what the machine he's building is REALLY for and dedicates the rest of his life to stopping that kind of thing.

Huey learns what his machine was REALLY for and immediately starts building another one, but for Big Boss instead. Without asking, he just starts construction and then tells you.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Man I've never seen people trash Hayter before, that's nuts. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could enjoy that series for so long if they hated his voice acting since it's such a huge part of it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sinteres posted:

Man I've never seen people trash Hayter before, that's nuts. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could enjoy that series for so long if they hated his voice acting since it's such a huge part of it.

I just really love crawling through vents is that so wrong

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

robziel posted:

How's Katamari with mouse+keyboard?

Late to reply to this, but I can't even imagine trying it.

Don't do this to yourself.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Do you shake the mouse to to the dash move?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Anyone heard of or played Deity Empires?

Very little information outside of the steam forums and I haven't seen it mentioned in SA at all.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ErrEff posted:

Do you shake the mouse to to the dash move?
I think it is alternating M1 and M2. How fast are you at clicking M1 and M2? I imagine it would cramp your hand if you want 100% and rolldash constantly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DrNutt posted:

If I have a Hotas stick, is it worth playing AC7 with one? I wanna feel like Maverick, or possibly Merlin.

I played through it with a HOTAS4 and it was super fun

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I think TD games are a complete waste of time, but I did like Anomaly: Warzone Earth which is a reverse TD game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

all gaming is a waste of time

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hayter owns and naysayers are cops, sorry

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

all gaming is a waste of time

This but literally everything else too.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Such a lovely job?

This made me laugh and I want you to know I appreciated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ok, how am I meant to beat like, the third level of Immortal Defense? Whichever early one it is that is trying to teach you about how clicking an enemy makes everything target it? I genuinely don't see how they expect me to last for the 3 minutes when they send 50,000 armoured enemies at me, and only let me build a single turret to defend with, alongside my mouse. I used the focus thing, but its still two guns against all this armour. I dunno what they expect me to do.

I'm 15 minutes in and already at a brick wall.