Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

love when management pulls an arbitrary performance metric out of their rear end AFTER fundamental architecture decisions have been cemented in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

leaf blowers are a privilege not a right

only the affluent have them

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Landscapers are not our enemy.

Something must be done about the jogger and bike person menace though

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blockade posted:

bike person
*bichael

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Boy Michael?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blockade posted:

Landscapers are not our enemy.

Something must be done about the jogger and bike person menace though

i don't really have a beef w/ joggers but i am willing to ally myself against them to defeat the bicyclist scourge

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pedestrians should ally with cyclists against cars, IMO.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

it's one banana seat, bichael. what could it cost? $10?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

i don't really have a beef w/ joggers but i am willing to ally myself against them to defeat the bicyclist scourge

joggers need to stop jogging in the drat street if there are sidewalks available though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i'll be the shaggar of joggers. idgaf.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

it's one banana seat, bichael. what could it cost? $10?
powerful yes and

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

are they commonly petrol powered over there?

gf has a battery one it’s sweet for cleaning out the car

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

echinopsis posted:

if the casketeers is any indication, the good ones are petrol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

Yes

That was my later compromise: if we’re such a green state make all this poo poo mandatory electric instead of a bunch of two stokes and crappy Briggs and Strattons

That will drop the noise a fair amount

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

yeah, they often are because freedom. ours is electric though, as is our lawn mower.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

powerful yes and

the thought of ever doing improve is frankly terrifying.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
leaf blowers are an intensely annoying sound

dude across the alley will occasionally spend what seems like half the drat day wandering his roof and waving his leaf blower around. i've watched him do it and it's the most half-assed thing i've seen. he'll frequently blow poo poo onto places he's already blown clean. i'm half-convinced he thinks it hasn't been a productive day if he hasn't made a bunch of noise.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

leaf blowers are an intensely annoying sound

dude across the alley will occasionally spend what seems like half the drat day wandering his roof and waving his leaf blower around. i've watched him do it and it's the most half-assed thing i've seen. he'll frequently blow poo poo onto places he's already blown clean. i'm half-convinced he thinks it hasn't been a productive day if he hasn't made a bunch of noise.

A group of my neighbors use them to clean their cars out.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

:wtc:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

goddamn mice have been into the pantry again. time to start digging the tiger pits.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i try to just live and let live, i don't know what his circumstances are and i don't want to deny someone the ability to do stuff in their own space, but there was one day when i had to walk over and ask him not to start and idle his goddamn dump truck at 5 in the loving morning right next to a four-plex of sleeping people.

i'm not exaggerating either, it's not just a big pickup or something, dude's got some kind of side hustle and occasionally will work on a literal no-poo poo dump truck in the alley.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah one of mine does this as like a lovely substitute for compressed air

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have to imagine that anyone who cleans their car that way is blowing out nothing but moldy french fries and cigarette butts

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My car is overflowing with dead leaves .

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
There's been some fuckwit doing burnouts on the main Street near my house recently and last night I heard them start up again followed immediately by a cacophony of sirens

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i have to imagine that anyone who cleans their car that way is blowing out nothing but moldy french fries and cigarette butts

when you have kids the poo poo in the car turns into a legit india style landfill where you have families of people now living in the garbage

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

wfh extended until end of may. ordered a standing desk today

i will likely continue this situation from the home for the future as a) i work in an open office + b) my job does not need me to be on site all the time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

like i can't buy a loving playboy in 7-11 but any jackstick can walk into a hardware store anywhere in america and walk out with a gas-powered leaf blower, i ask you, is that justice?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

the best use of a leafblower is to clean out your gutters. seriously, it works incredibly well, basic electric ones work fine and they even come with attachments to make it easier

gently caress you if you are like my neighbor who spends hours leafblowing his driveway even when there aren't any leaves. like "oh my god there's DIRT in the DRIVEWAY this is unacceptable!!". use a goddamn pushbroom or something if it bothers you that much.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
At least they aren’t just washing it constantly like it’s a piss/poo poo/puke/garbage covered sidewalk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who does that

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
old suburbanites

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SO DEMANDING posted:

the best use of a leafblower is to clean out your gutters

during my homeowner days i literally dealt with a chronic sewer main problem, but the grossest and messiest job was by far cleaning out the gutters. God drat it why are there maple trees growing in it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because nature loving works lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

i have one with a power plug thatll clear pretty well anything :getin:

Salt Fish posted:

this though eh its not my thing

now my shop vac on the other hand is good and powerful and my friend and cleans mud and salt out of my winter mats fine

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

because nature loving works lol

life is exceptionally good at loving up everyone's plans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

i just got an electric one that'll hopefully annoy my neighbors less than usual

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i just got an electric one that'll hopefully annoy my neighbors less than usual