Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

dennyk posted:

They should just limit 'em to four people per team; driver, hauler driver, spotter, and one mechanic. Owners can watch on TV like everyone else. If they don't want to attempt real-time one-man pit stops, split the race into stages shorter than a fuel run and have a fifteen-minute break in between each, like the original Truck races back in the day.

I actually like this, but I think of this group the hardest ones to keep separate would be the spotters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

IOwnCalculus posted:

I actually like this, but I think of this group the hardest ones to keep separate would be the spotters.

Give them 2 radios. One to talk to the team and one spotter group chat radio so they can be spaced all over the track, not have to be together, and still be able to communicate.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

big nipples big life posted:

If they do go to short races I think they should dump impound weekends, let the teams go all out in quals because it's going to matter a lot more.

Some of the early races are gonna be one day shows, so no impound anyway!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bigbillystyle posted:

Give them 2 radios. One to talk to the team and one spotter group chat radio so they can be spaced all over the track, not have to be together, and still be able to communicate.

Bring back the ability for the drivers to talk to each other like they could until the early 2010s.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cygni posted:

Some of the early races are gonna be one day shows, so no impound anyway!

I mean if they are thinking about shortening races going forward.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iRacing is running North Wilkesboro next Saturday at 3 p.m. Eastern on Fox.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
The spotters are definitely going to be an issue no matter what they do; there's only so much rooftop space at many tracks with a clear view of the whole circuit. There's no way they can run without spotters, though, unless they want to see another Eric Martin incident... :(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
easy fix, spotter tiers! $2 million a year per team for a premium spotter license

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

1 spotter per team owner, gives the big teams a nice handicap.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hendrick took one pit crew to Japan in 1997 to pit Ricky Craven and Jack Sprague. If they can that for a race halfway around the World, they can do it for the next state down.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hendrick took one pit crew to Japan in 1997 to pit Ricky Craven and Jack Sprague. If they can that for a race halfway around the World, they can do it for the next state down.

I mean shoot that's just Formula 1 style, two cars on the team sharing one pit box. just requires a bit more coordination on the pit timing or, in the worst case, double-stacking.

also they mentioned in the NASCAR article about restarting that they would space spotters throughout the empty grandstands, so that's one aspect.

I don't think any of this is a smart idea, and as soon as they have one positive test they'll have to shut the whole thing down once more. It's what happened with a few other sports -- Formula 1 and the Aussie Rules football both avoided caution but had to stop in March, and even in Japan there have been soccer training matches and Spring Training games for the pro baseball league that were done in March and early April...but were stopped.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
It will be fine no one will get CoVid because they won't test anyone

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It sucks because it's a financially motivated play because they think that the entire world will tune in to them flaunting the risks.

And it's true, i'll be watching. But I won't feel happy about it.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Am I right seeing World Of Outlaws running tonight at 1900? :eyepop:

Edit: 8th I'm an idiot

mischief fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 7, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool little video with Jr. getting Wilkesboro cleaned up so iRacing could scan it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAyO19oIz0

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cannot wait.

Gonna be fun racing late models and tour modified around that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Chicago, Richmond, and Sonoma are the three tracks which lose dates.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Cool little video with Jr. getting Wilkesboro cleaned up so iRacing could scan it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAyO19oIz0

This owns and I hope this generates enough momentum to get the same done for Rockingham

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

shame on an IGA posted:

This owns and I hope this generates enough momentum to get the same done for Rockingham

Rockingham's been in for years.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Vando posted:

Rockingham's been in for years.

Maybe he means Rockingham in the UK, which I agree would kick rear end and i hope it gets done

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh gently caress me not only is it in already but I bought it myself three years ago

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh gently caress me not only is it in already but I bought it myself three years ago

I can confirm that THE ROCK is like, my favorite oval in iRacing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Ok who's ready for a new favourite car in iRacing?

https://twitter.com/iRacing/status/1259237847003004929?s=20

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

coming soon as in tomorrow?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
3 weeks on Tuesday, I think

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remove the restrictor plates for iRacing Talladega

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remove the restrictor plates for iRacing Talladega

What restrictor plates? :getin:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That invitational race was really good today.

NWS........ is......a......good....track????

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

sure the thunderbird and monte carlo are cool but WHERE THE gently caress IS THE LEBARON

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

sure the thunderbird and monte carlo are cool but WHERE THE gently caress IS THE LEBARON

give us the Olds, Pontiac and the Buick ffs

[edit] they did however choose to include cars from the year of The Poster :tinfoil:

harperdc fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 10, 2020

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

harperdc posted:

give us the Olds, Pontiac and the Buick ffs

[edit] they did however choose to include cars from the year of The Poster :tinfoil:

*fires up gimp* easiest livery there ever was

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

algebra testes posted:

That invitational race was really good today.

NWS........ is......a......good....track????

It seems running a race on a track they never get to race on brought out the best in all the drivers. Or maybe they didn't want to disappoint Jr. by having a lovely race on the track he put so much into to race.

Anyway, guess it's time for the Covid Cup Series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The schedule beyond Charlotte is pretty much as was rumored:

quote:

May 30 at Bristol: Xfinity Series race (160 miles/300 laps), 3:30 p.m. ET on FS1
May 31 at Bristol: Cup Series race (266 miles/500 laps), 3:30 p.m. ET on FS1

June 6 at Atlanta: Truck Series race (200 miles/130 laps), 1 p.m. ET on FS1
June 6 at Atlanta: Xfinity Series race (251 miles/163 laps), 4:30 p.m. ET on FOX
June 7 at Atlanta: Cup Series race (500 miles/325 laps), 3 p.m. ET on FOX

June 10 at Martinsville: Cup Series race (263 miles/500 laps), 7 p.m. ET on FS1

June 13 at Miami: Truck Series race (201 miles/134 laps), 12:30 p.m. ET on FS1
June 13 at Miami: Xfinity Series race (250 miles/167 laps), 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX
June 14 at Miami: Xfinity Series race (250 miles/167 laps), noon ET on FS1
June 14 at Miami: Cup Series race (400 miles/267 laps), 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX

June 20 at Talladega: ARCA series race (202 miles/76 laps), 2 p.m. ET on FS1
June 20 at Talladega: Xfinity Series race (300 miles/113 laps), 5:30 p.m. ET on FS1
June 21 at Talladega: Cup Series race (500 miles/188 laps), 3 p.m. ET on FOX

All the events will be run without fans in attendance.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/05/14/nascar-announces-revised-race-schedule-from-may-30-june-21/

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dale Jr is getting a show on NBC’s upcoming streaming service, Peacock, called Lost Speedways, where they go find old race tracks around the country and tell their stories.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dale Jr is getting a show on NBC’s upcoming streaming service, Peacock, called Lost Speedways, where they go find old race tracks around the country and tell their stories.

:getin:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Augusta's will be pretty good. It's now a public park; a few turns can still be found in the wooded areas, and the pit road wall still exists behind the library.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/catseatingeggs/status/1261711614287515648?s=19

get hyped, idiots

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

loving :lol: It's unfortunate that the intro video we ARE getting will be twice as ridiculous and not nearly as hilarious.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Captain Dickweed posted:

loving :lol: It's unfortunate that the intro video we ARE getting will be twice as ridiculous and not nearly as hilarious.

truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Drop it all in the trash, play this over a wins/crashes/fights reel imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp8Sg7Kv8Q