Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Waffle! posted:

Carcosa is open! I've made progress with my island - built a new bridge, moved Apple's house, planted my orchard, and a bunch of hybrid flowers too.

Not so many fossils today, but an assortment of clothes, furniture, and DIYs! Able's is selling a curleh mustache, kimonos, and leopard pumps. Fierce! Leif has starter azaleas, and Nook's has the red corner for the wrestling ring. C'mon down!

85WC5

What flower seeds ya got for sale, kind person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

People in this thread mention goons stealing their poo poo and ruining flowers every few pages.

Goons have been nothing but kind and chill, from my experience. I’ve left a giant pile of items out for cataloguing multiple days in a row, and I don’t think a single thing was taken. On the contrary, I usually discover new cool stuff in the pile by the next day.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Casu Marzu posted:

Anyone want Drago? He'll be in boxes tomorrow. I love him, but he was one of my starter people and his barebones house is so sad. :negative:

I'd love to have Drago, I'll keep my plot open until tomorrow.

Thanks to And More for letting me know how to do it.

puppets freak me out fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 3, 2020

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

puppets freak me out posted:

I'd love to have a Drago, but I have an empty spot today. Is there any time traveling I can do to keep the plot open until tomorrow?

Just stay on your current date until tomorrow. System settings allows you to manually set the date. If you bought turnips, simply move the time slightly forward from your last save. They only spoil if you move back in time.

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:
Opening up for a while. Turnips at 96. Ables have lots of fun punk stuff. Leif is here with azalea, hibiscus, and mums. If you're into having orchards, help yourself to any fruit that your island is missing.

In the midst of rearranging the island, so please don't judge too harshly!

Code: closed now
Whiney Key

the heebie-gbs fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 3, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

HaB posted:

What flower seeds ya got for sale, kind person?

windflowers, tulips, and hyacinths. Leif has pansies.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

And More posted:

Goons have been nothing but kind and chill, from my experience. I’ve left a giant pile of items out for cataloguing multiple days in a row, and I don’t think a single thing was taken. On the contrary, I usually discover new cool stuff in the pile by the next day.

My favorite was seeing people just catalog the crap I had laid out in the free pile instead of taking it

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Lockdown brain and boring sunday afternoons are a deadly combination.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

glassyalabolas posted:

A bit of a longshot, but I'm looking for any of the torn, broken or moldy clothes.

I can make most DIY stuff or straight up bells if you need.

My Able’s has Thread-worn sweaters today.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

HaB posted:

Does anyone have Red Rose seeds for sale today?

Dont know if you still need them, but my nooks keep red rose seeds in stock.

3Y736

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

the heebie-gbs posted:

Opening up for a while. Turnips at 96. Ables have lots of fun punk stuff. Leif is here with azalea, hibiscus, and mums. If you're into having orchards, help yourself to any fruit that your island is missing

Thanks, grabbed some peaches, and roses from your Nooks. I only just got around to getting online, glad to finally get the last few fruit!

I'm gonna open for the first time, it's raining, Leif is here with azaleas and tea olives, mums and hyacinths, come visit!

Alexandria
896TL

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 3, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I bought a hat that looks like Snuffkin's from the Moomins, please tell me I can get a matching coat and scarf combo.

Also I got a black and red striped shirt, so now all I need are some black shorts and I can run around with a slingshot like dennis the menace. Not the poo poo american one obviously

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

track day bro! posted:

I bought a hat that looks like Snuffkin's from the Moomins, please tell me I can get a matching coat and scarf combo.

Also I got a black and red striped shirt, so now all I need are some black shorts and I can run around with a slingshot like dennis the menace. Not the poo poo american one obviously

Had to look this up. There are shirt and scarf combos but I'm not sure if they come in the right color. There is totally a backpack that looks like that, though! I bought one from Kicks somewhat recently.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
Alright so I gotta go visit towns. Towns where I can get stuff for my house. Because I’ve been playing for weeks and my house is sparsely decorated because every day in my town, the selection is like day 3 of a garage sale.

The most decorated room of my house is the basement which looks like a drug lab.

I’m looking for wall hangings, electronics, televisions, luxurious bath stuff like jacuzzis and whatnot, indoor plants, gaming stuff, computers.

You got that wallpaper that looks like a bank of surveillance monitors? I want that poo poo. Give us it!

Also: weirdo lighting! Floor lamps, lava lamps, string lights. If it lights up and looks weird, I want it.

You got DIY’s that will let me make these things? I’ll take em.

What do you want? Bells? Star fragments? Exotic fruits? Leonard Cohen lyrics on your message board? Triple A batteries? Land in Montana?

Open your gates and let me shop or catalog stuff.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

And More posted:

Goons by and large are chill and good to game with! The problem is that this thread is visible to anyone, regardless of if they have an account or not. Open the URL in an incognito tab and you'l see. These dodo codes everyone posts aren't private and it is almost guaranteed that non-goons are coming in, maybe behaving, maybe stealing everything that isn't tied down.

Whether or not it would be a good idea to put dodo codes into a different thread in PGS or the discord is up for debate, but I'd say that's the choice of the poster if they're comfortable with the entire internet being able to see the dodo code.

Computer Opponent posted:

What do you want? Bells? Star fragments? Exotic fruits? Leonard Cohen lyrics on your message board? Triple A batteries? Land in Montana?

It's double A batteries, but I completely respect the reference.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

puppets freak me out posted:

I'd love to have Drago, I'll keep my plot open until tomorrow.

Thanks to And More for letting me know how to do it.

:neckbeard:

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

shortspecialbus posted:

It's double A batteries, but I completely respect the reference.

IT WAS A TEST. AND YOU PASSED! YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO SUPPLY MY DRUG HOUSE WITH WEIRDO LIGHTING!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

IT WAS A TEST. AND YOU PASSED! YOU HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO SUPPLY MY DRUG HOUSE WITH WEIRDO LIGHTING!

I'd fuckin love to except my nook is as bad as yours, and any good item has been sold by them 12 times. I have the worst stuff.

On the other hand, if you wanted to invite me over for push ups, let me know. Push ups. You and me. All day.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

shortspecialbus posted:

I'd fuckin love to except my nook is as bad as yours, and any good item has been sold by them 12 times. I have the worst stuff.

On the other hand, if you wanted to invite me over for push ups, let me know. Push ups. You and me. All day.

BIIIIIIG MUSCLES! HAAAAAARD MUSCLES!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, my Nooks is frequently like day 3 of a garage sale as well. My best finds have always come from shaking trees or balloons. That’s how I got my imperial chest, skull radio, hot tub and fireplace.

It’s also made me flush with looms and pedalboards. I don’t even need 1 loom and now I have 3!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm at a loss on the Rock Splitter achievement, the guide I saw said to smash rocks after eating a fruit and I've done that three times, and I still don't have the Nook Miles. Is it five or ten or what?

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nessa posted:

Yeah, my Nooks is frequently like day 3 of a garage sale as well. My best finds have always come from shaking trees or balloons. That’s how I got my imperial chest, skull radio, hot tub and fireplace.

It’s also made me flush with looms and pedalboards. I don’t even need 1 loom and now I have 3!

I gotta shake more trees. I got that sweet record playing skull on like day one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Had to look this up. There are shirt and scarf combos but I'm not sure if they come in the right color. There is totally a backpack that looks like that, though! I bought one from Kicks somewhat recently.

I just realised I have the backpack but in the wrong colour, damnit.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I gotta shake more trees. I got that sweet record playing skull on like day one.

Oh same, it was the first thing that fell from a tree for me and now it sits on my mantle in my spooky room.

I try to shake my trees every day to get my loot drops and catch wasps. You can also get them from the trees on mystery islands!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

ChikoDemono posted:

Dont know if you still need them, but my nooks keep red rose seeds in stock.

3Y736

Thanks. I ended up getting what I needed elsewhere.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Opening my town for a bit since I have some useful stuff available.
Edit: Closed
DIY:
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1256987030937980928?s=20
Nook's: Book, Cardboard Box, Roses/Hyacinths/Pansies
Leif: Azeleas, Hydrangeas, Lillies, Pansies
It's Sylvia's birthday, say "hi" and get progess on that stamp.
Flowers are in a big, easy-to-water garden to the far north. Priority columns are marked with paintings. Spare DIYs on the beach to the left of the airport.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 3, 2020

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I've got my first open spot in ages. Any decent villagers in boxes today? I've used all my miles.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Could someone post that one site(s) that let you know what's catchable for you right now? I apparently forgot to bookmark it, and I'm poo poo at googlefu and too lazy to trawl dozens of pages.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

E-flat posted:

Could someone post that one site(s) that let you know what's catchable for you right now? I apparently forgot to bookmark it, and I'm poo poo at googlefu and too lazy to trawl dozens of pages.

https://icebr.art/

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

You are the best republicans

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm at a loss on the Rock Splitter achievement, the guide I saw said to smash rocks after eating a fruit and I've done that three times, and I still don't have the Nook Miles. Is it five or ten or what?

Unless there are two achievements with very similar names, that one is for getting the full eight drops from a rock, not destroying rocks.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

E-flat posted:

https://smrvll.com/acnh/

Here’s another option. It’s not as pretty but sometimes I use it when the icebr one is being glitchy.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Our island is a mess in terms of layout right now and we need to move just about every resident because we want to consolidate them in order to use the other areas for more fun stuff. The fees to move everybody shouldn’t be an issue once we move all of the turnips this week but I’m wondering if (once the turnips are gone since this would spoil them) if it’s possible to move a resident, skip ahead a day so it’s finalized and then move back to the actual current day and repeat the process rather than waiting a full 8 or 9 days to be able to move on with the next project.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Republicans posted:

KQL4Q
Turnips are 93 each
DIY:
Flowers are in a big, easy-to-water garden to the far north. Priority columns are marked with paintings. Spare DIYs on the beach to the left of the airport.

In flight now, my wife hasn't visited another island yet other than resource theft and she is excited.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It sure is. That's what I did when I needed to move everything on to the beach to overhaul the island's layout.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Oh man. So I just caught a betta, and thought to myself that I'd need to save some for CJ so I could have one in my house. And then I thought to myself that it'd be nice if you could also get models that moved around. :downs:

it took me a second.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

E-flat posted:

Oh man. So I just caught a betta, and thought to myself that I'd need to save some for CJ so I could have one in my house. And then I thought to myself that it'd be nice if you could also get models that moved around. :downs:

it took me a second.

I'm a little disappointed with the tarantula model because it doesn't do anything. If the snapping turtle model is the same way, I'll just keep the live ones I have protecting my gate.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Republicans posted:

KQL4Q
Turnips are 93 each
DIY:

This island is GORGEOUS wow

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffle! posted:

I'm a little disappointed with the tarantula model because it doesn't do anything. If the snapping turtle model is the same way, I'll just keep the live ones I have protecting my gate.

Snapping turtles are my favorite thing to have in my house, I have five and a whole room that's just for them.

They should give you more animals that are just "out" and can be interacted with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How often does the island rating and eval update? I'm still trying to hit 3 stars