Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

wow thanks for the altavista chronicles spoilers, i can't believe the character whose dialogue is 90% "but we cant kiss we're brother and sister", is not actually alan's sister

I downloaded this game on game pass because I play every free piece of poo poo I get that isn't Yakuza* then regained my senses and deleted it before I could boot it.

*Never Yakuza. I have four of these fuckers now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the bean sprout sunkern was 1000x better than the one we got. what were they thinking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Motto posted:

...not really? I'm not into vtubers but I see them since professional and amateur illustrators get commissioned to design them, and I honestly can't name one that I'd describe as "titillating" at all. Heck, the sanbaka trio are well designed enough that for a bit I thought they were from an Atelier mobile game or something.

The exact instant I watched one I got recommendations on YouTube to see the videos where the childlike animes show you their panties.

Everyone knows what this is, but to be honest I don't know if I could say Dr. Cheatsonwife is preferable

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did they ever figure anything out for the way shadows behave in these PS2 Atlus games

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

The exact instant I watched one I got recommendations on YouTube to see the videos where the childlike animes show you their panties.

Everyone knows what this is, but to be honest I don't know if I could say Dr. Cheatsonwife is preferable

I can confirm that many of the VTuber videos that have started showing up in my recommendations are horny af, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tqhIVhuoAk

edit: video is on topic for this thread

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

the bean sprout sunkern was 1000x better than the one we got. what were they thinking

i really like the old feraligatr sprite

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

in all fairness, that was an english subber perving it up on the title + thumbnail, that's not what actually happens in the video at all

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Nocturne has mods? Christ now I have more reasons to replay it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

in all fairness, that was an english subber perving it up on the title + thumbnail, that's not what actually happens in the video at all

I don't plan on finding out for sure, but glancing at the other one just posted, the one second I scrolled to had them proudly announce the big titty anime doesn't wear underwear.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh Streets of Rage 4 is immediately available on MS Gamepass. Continuing to think this is Good Value

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh Streets of Rage 4 is immediately available on MS Gamepass. Continuing to think this is Good Value

Game pass is a lovely app but incredible value

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a glitch posted:

Nocturne has mods? Christ now I have more reasons to replay it.

Maniacs and Chronicle Edition is just weird poo poo for the European release of the game I think but there is a good Hardtype mod for Nocturne

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EZKgeLduo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

did they ever figure anything out for the way shadows behave in these PS2 Atlus games

yeah the 1.5.0 beta branch of pcsx2 has it all completely fixed from what ive seen so far

Maniacs and Chronicle Edition is just weird poo poo for the European release of the game I think but there is a good Hardtype mod for Nocturne

its the jpn maniacs+ version with raidou instead of dante, the mod is just moving the US nocturne translation over to replace 99% of it, and then a few bits of translation for the extra stuff.

is the hardtype mod less nonsense than the default hard mode which turns the game from "very difficult but down to preperation" to "dice roll deaths"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hardtype mod for Nocturne
:stonk:

I'm assuming such a mod involves Matador actually coming to your house and kicking you in the junk.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Stux posted:

yeah the 1.5.0 beta branch of pcsx2 has it all completely fixed from what ive seen so far

its the jpn maniacs+ version with raidou instead of dante, the mod is just moving the US nocturne translation over to replace 99% of it, and then a few bits of translation for the extra stuff.

ohhh, neat

Stux posted:

is the hardtype mod less nonsense than the default hard mode which turns the game from "very difficult but down to preperation" to "dice roll deaths"

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/

there's a lot to it, but it adds in a lot of QoL stuff in addition to remixing boss stats and enemy AI scripts and making balance improvements. I've wanted to get into it but the graphics were bothering me, I'll experiment with pcsx2 in a little bit

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I assume you have to play the Hardtype mod with a blindfold and ball gag for the full experience.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been playing SMT Soul Hackers lately and it's ok

it's about this advanced city connected to the internet and the evil corporation that runs the network is using an MMO to steal people's souls

also you're in a hacker gang called the spookies and a demon called Nemissa possesses your best friend and joins your party after you go on a vision quest with a fox called kinap

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Help Im Alive posted:

I've been playing SMT Soul Hackers lately and it's ok

it's about this advanced city connected to the internet and the evil corporation that runs the network is using an MMO to steal people's souls

also you're in a hacker gang called the spookies and a demon called Nemissa possesses your best friend and joins your party after you go on a vision quest with a fox called kinap

that game has very random demon negotiation, right?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah but demon negotiation feels random to me in all of them because I'm very bad at it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

vtubers are big enough they are in my marketing decks when I want to make foreigners think Im not lazy at my job but small enough that I have yet to actually spend company money on one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah but demon negotiation feels random to me in all of them because I'm very bad at it

i think it's the games that are bad (in that respect)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

vtubers are big enough they are in my marketing decks when I want to make foreigners think Im not lazy at my job but small enough that I have yet to actually spend company money on one.

wow

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i was watching holocomi the other day, which was hololive's 6 hour long virtual comiket booth stream since comiket is cancelled this year, and it had a bunch of advertisements in the middle for world of warships and stuff + an english language ad for the asus Republic of Gamers. everyone wants those vtuber bucks

and not like youtube ads, they ran their own ad break

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i've barely seen them mentioned outside this thread

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Out of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Blood Money, and Codename 47, which should I play first having not played a hitman game before?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Out of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Blood Money, and Codename 47, which should I play first having not played a hitman game before?
blood money, then throw the rest away and play the new ones

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

I recommend none of them and just playing the new ones instead. They have free episodes up so there's no reason not to.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Even then at this point you can just skip Blood Money since the new ones are just flat upgrades

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the new ones are the way to go but (old) Hitman 2 and Blood Money are still pretty fun

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm working on the assumption that they already have a copy of blood money they don't want to go to waste

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have so many new games to play and instead I'm going to replay the first few hours of Nocturne again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ohhh, neat

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/

there's a lot to it, but it adds in a lot of QoL stuff in addition to remixing boss stats and enemy AI scripts and making balance improvements. I've wanted to get into it but the graphics were bothering me, I'll experiment with pcsx2 in a little bit

the only graphical thing ive had to mess around with is some settings to push the motion blur down a bit, the deinterlacing + ps2 smt games already having weird after effects is a forever issue. have to boot up nocturne on my ps3 sometime to remember exactly how heavy it was normally anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also that hack seems like a more fair hard mode than the games actual hard mode which is probably one of the most unfair difficulty settings anyone has ever created

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sapienza from the new Hitman 1 is one of my favorite levels in any video game ever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help me come up with the definitive list of “video game titles that are just the name of a profession of some kind”, so far all I have are Hitman and Thief

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Help me come up with the definitive list of “video game titles that are just the name of a profession of some kind”, so far all I have are Hitman and Thief

Driver

Stuntman

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Same story with the Garfield Kart proto.

Is that where Lyman's hidden?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

God Eater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Cooking Mama