Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Haven't been too pleased with my most recent alphabet sketches, but these two are okay.

I is for Iris

J is for Jesus Christ, don't eat that!

Used sprinkles of brusho with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Moon dog.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Nice, lines with weights. Looks good.

Here's the drawing from before. Might come back to it, maybe not.

edit:
this too:

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 4, 2020

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
So... this exists now. :colbert:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hellbeard posted:

Nice, lines with weights. Looks good.

Thanks! Don't get used to it though...

Cory Parsnipson posted:

So... this exists now. :colbert:

Absolutely perfect.

I had an idea for once!

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Nice! That reminds me of a recurring escalator nightmare

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Angrymog posted:

Haven't been too pleased with my most recent alphabet sketches, but these two are okay.

I is for Iris

J is for Jesus Christ, don't eat that!

Used sprinkles of brusho with this one.

Very nice looking texture on that mushroom

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

veni veni veni posted:

Very nice looking texture on that mushroom

Thanks. The cap was paint, brusho, a bit more paint and brusho. Obviously the white bits were masked, then painted a bit after. The red bits on the stem are due to tiny left over brusho crystals.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i made some goblins

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i made some goblins

These are some quality gobbos. Love the angular style and thick, hefty linework. I especially love the rust detailing.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but what’s the best relatively inexpensive digital art/painting program on the market right now? I think I heard photoshop CS2 is free or something?

Tayacan
Dec 8, 2012

Fucking nerd

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but what’s the best relatively inexpensive digital art/painting program on the market right now? I think I heard photoshop CS2 is free or something?

Krita is pretty drat good, and it's free.

https://krita.org/en/

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So I spent a bunch of money on a new tablet and now I need to justify the purchase.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Made another emote and then also some drawings of my villagers.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

These are some quality gobbos. Love the angular style and thick, hefty linework. I especially love the rust detailing.

thanks! im trying out new styles

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

thanks! im trying out new styles

I'm really digging this style!

More turkey vulture study

Started planning on doing charcoal/conte crayon and then decided to just go full oil pastel.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
More sketching frenzy:

edit
One more!

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 8, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I also felt the need to draw a final boss.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

It's ya bunbuns from animal crossing, Tiffany!

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
I wish I could properly convey how poofy this cat is

e.

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 8, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Felt too poo poo to finish the sheet.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Shinmera posted:

Felt too poo poo to finish the sheet.

I like seeing the different techniques from you. Keep it up!

Here's my drawing I finished(?) now. e: critique / suggestions for improvement will be appreciated

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 9, 2020

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Hellbeard posted:

critique / suggestions for improvement will be appreciated

Nice!

Here's my attempt at a critique:
  • The arms can be longer. The elbow goes down to around the waist, so her left arm will have to bend.
  • The blue line indicates how the shoulders are lined up. Usually since she's bearing weight on the left arm, the blue line would be flipped (going up towards the right)
  • I moved her right shoulder closer to her torso and moved her head so that it's facing down and turned a little towards the viewer (this changes her body language/personality though, so feel free to ignore)
  • Her eyes and gun might look more natural if they are focused on the same point
  • The picture seems to be leading the viewer's eye towards the (lower?) left. Maybe adding some foreshortening on the gun/gun arm helps this?

PS: Shinmera, nice tree. I like the shading and vertical strokes. Also your landscapes and ocean scenes from the last thread are great! I didn't get a chance to say that until now.

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 10, 2020

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Watched a live demo on the Four stages of water colour on youtube today, did this.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

another adventurer

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I love that you did line weights it looks good keep doing it.

Hellbeard posted:

I like seeing the different techniques from you. Keep it up!

Here's my drawing I finished(?) now. e: critique / suggestions for improvement will be appreciated

You've always got impeccable technique, but please consider having someone pose for you for reference shots or take selfies in the mirror or something, because the thing that tends to stick out as skewed in your stuff is perspective.
I did some quick re-lining on the (viewer's) left leg, because currently it looks to be more sideways than the right one, it should be coming forward towards the viewer. I kept thinking the the right boob was really lopsided and falling off, but that was actually because the armour doesn't quite line up with the torso like it should, leading the eyes astray.

Something about the shading in the area between her left shoulder and left tit reads wrong for me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Someone else have a guess?

my buddy Superfly posted:

I also felt the need to draw a final boss.

I'm loving the perspective play in you last couple of pieces.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Thank you! Whenever I have a good idea for perspective I really want to draw it lately.

Anyway, here's a birthday gift and a pattern I wanted to make.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Hey I thought you had a really thoughtful post that was very helpful - or someone erased another post. It was detailed and had a paintover.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

You've always got impeccable technique, but please consider having someone pose for you for reference shots or take selfies in the mirror or something, because the thing that tends to stick out as skewed in your stuff is perspective.
I did some quick re-lining on the (viewer's) left leg, because currently it looks to be more sideways than the right one, it should be coming forward towards the viewer. I kept thinking the the right boob was really lopsided and falling off, but that was actually because the armour doesn't quite line up with the torso like it should, leading the eyes astray.

Something about the shading in the area between her left shoulder and left tit reads wrong for me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Someone else have a guess?

Thank you for the kind compliment.
I will try to improve it with your suggestions and the input from others.
Thank you for the effort and thoughtful critique it is very helpful.
I used the Clip Paint Studio feature of the poseable 3d model with some alterations / adjustments to the sketch.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Hellbeard posted:

Hey I thought you had a really thoughtful post that was very helpful - or someone erased another post. It was detailed and had a paintover.

Heh, uh.. I started questioning whether or not it was good advice. Sorry! :sweatdrop:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Heh, uh.. I started questioning whether or not it was good advice. Sorry! :sweatdrop:

It looked very good to me. Will you maybe please send it to me in a PM?
Here are some ink sketches for your trouble:

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
I put it back. Thanks for the encouragement..!

Here's some content:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cory Parsnipson posted:

I put it back. Thanks for the encouragement..!

Here's some content:

Aaaah Tsareena! The only shiny I ever caught in the wild.

Been playing with watercolour tutorials. I have the devil of a time remembering to keep the brush wet enough.

Also doodled myself an empyrean:

and coloured it in to pass the time.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Having those days where it feels like you have to push yourself sucks. I hope you can pull through it soon! I think the tree you have there is pretty legit, the vertical strokes and the shading look nice. And I like your A2!

By the way, Shinmera, I've been a lurker for a little while before I got back into drawing and I wanted to say that the oceanscapes you drew (in the previous thread?) were super impressive.

The sense of space here is fuckin' beautiful. And the thing where you start dotting the fixed width brush to make the lines lighter (not sure what the technical term is called) is really clever. Sorry if it's weird to bring this up after such a long time, but it occurred to me recently that I should mention it instead of just swiping over.

(Hope you don't mind that I restored your original message, I still had it open in a tab since you wrote it)
Thanks a lot! I've been trying to gear up for this year's scenery calendar but have been pretty unsuccessful on that front so far. Hopefully I'll find the time to at least get started this Summer, but with university being on a real poo poo schedule this year I don't know.

For tonight, here's a doodle:

Really should have used a reference for that.

And a quick lighting sketch:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

and coloured it in to pass the time.

This is sweet, I generally don't have the patience for that sort of thing.

J is also for Jungle Froggo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Angrymog posted:

This is sweet, I generally don't have the patience for that sort of thing.

J is also for Jungle Froggo.

Thank you! There would have been more angels but frankly I got bored.

That frog is heckin good. The wetness of his skin looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Birthday