Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The new Cancun Teachers' Lounge intro song is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I love Hollywood Handbook ads as much as anyone, but I’m pretty sure the ad to show ratio on the new Mantzoukas episode is literally 1:1.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

there was definitely a point where I thought the episode had ended and autoplayed into a Pro Version or something

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Every time I hear a repeat ad I get closer and closer to just listening to the ad-free version.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's definitely far past the point where I wish the ads version on stitcher premium would just push all the ad reads to the end of the episode or something. I enjoy the ads but dang if they've been getting worse and worse about breaking up the flow of an episode.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The ads are DYNAMIC

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even a funny ad is still an ad.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
mack weldon's underwear is antimicrobial

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
With that sweet hashish, Mommy!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what any of that means.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The ads are DYNAMIC

Ya, it seems a crazy implementation. Not only would I get the same ad 2-3 times in an ep, but sometimes the markers musta been messed up because sometimes they'll just come randomly in the middle of people speaking.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't listen to ads. Fast forward.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Ads Version on Stitcher Premium only includes new ads for the week of release (There were still a lot of ads this week.)

Malcolm Excellent posted:

With that sweet hashish, Mommy!

I really hope some talented Handbook Head is in the process of animating that segment.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Seriously, it's better if you just stop listening to the ads. Santaman's good (and I think there's a compilation on youtube that gets updated), but the rest are just lame bits that make them last loving forever compared to a straight read. If you stop listening, I promise you won't miss them. If there's an ad they get in trouble for, you'll hear about it anyway and be able to find it somewhere.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nah, I just skip ones I heard

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Teacher's Lounge Cancun has been a very funny pivot for the show recording remotely. I think what I love most of all is that they've all agreed that this is being recorded in the early 2000's and MTV's Spring Break is filming nearby - thus leading to everybody trying to remember what, exactly, was on MTV 20 years ago, and gleefully leaping on somebody when they're a a few years off/forget that this is not contemporary.

"I do have a couple other leads, with...ummmmm....

...Samantha Mumba?

D'you remember her?"
"Remember her? She's famous, right now."
"...oh, she is? Ohhhh, yeah. Yeah! That's what I mean."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JethroMcB posted:

Teacher's Lounge Cancun has been a very funny pivot for the show recording remotely. I think what I love most of all is that they've all agreed that this is being recorded in the early 2000's and MTV's Spring Break is filming nearby - thus leading to everybody trying to remember what, exactly, was on MTV 20 years ago, and gleefully leaping on somebody when they're a a few years off/forget that this is not contemporary.

"I do have a couple other leads, with...ummmmm....

...Samantha Mumba?

D'you remember her?"
"Remember her? She's famous, right now."
"...oh, she is? Ohhhh, yeah. Yeah! That's what I mean."

It's amazing in the first Cancun episode when they specifically say that eating people won't become a thing and then proceed to bring it up at least two more times.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the Ayo cameo in this week's HH was the loudest laugh moment for me so I especially can't believe people hate her

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

the Ayo cameo in this week's HH was the loudest laugh moment for me so I especially can't believe people hate her

Ayo is a HH champ in my book.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Snooze Cruise posted:

It's a very small group.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Double Threat is really great

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yeah, their segment on Coronavirus the Musical had me dying.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Im not listening and i am going to cut you off, bye

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Snooze Cruise posted:

Im not listening and i am going to cut you off, bye

I love when the boys get nasty and that was such a loving set of burns.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this loving teachers lounge

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snooze Cruise posted:

this loving teachers lounge

I believe you mean People's House

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bonanas for Bonanza launched today, it is exactly what you would want/expect from Andy Daly & Co. continuing to break down episodes of a 60 year old TV show. "Ben Cartwright's got 3 boys, and what's fascinating is that they're all so different! One of 'em's a Yankee; one of 'em's a Creole...and then one of 'em's a giant and a monster."

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Bonanas for Bonanza launched today, it is exactly what you would want/expect from Andy Daly & Co. continuing to break down episodes of a 60 year old TV show. "Ben Cartwright's got 3 boys, and what's fascinating is that they're all so different! One of 'em's a Yankee; one of 'em's a Creole...and then one of 'em's a giant and a monster."

Maria Bamford is a treasure, just a perfect addition.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

Maria Bamford is a treasure, just a perfect addition.

She was on one of the ADPPP eps before. The exercise one. Maybe others.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
So there's no Chinese in this

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The Will Forte ep is extremely good. Maybe one of the most cozy and consistent eps they’ve ever had with a ‘Big Star’.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Last ad of today's Hollywood Handbook was a blackfriday ad for Podswag... These dynamic ads are pretty cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish they were posting the videos of all the podcasts that are being recorded on zoom lately, seems like it would be pretty easy

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm guessing that the Earwolf bookers don't account for image rights or whatever when guests sign on to do a podcast. Plus, I'm guessing that while guests are comfortable showing their home/home office to the hosts, but many are likely not comfortable letting fans into their personal space that way.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Plus it's been joked about a bit but these zoom episodes require more editing than usual.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 28, 2020

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

haha Kevin starting this HH ep off strong

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Brett has improved a lot as an improviser. He’s consistently funny in small doses as Joan’s husband Doug on The Neighborhood Listen.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tacier posted:

Brett has improved a lot as an improviser. He’s consistently funny in small doses as Joan’s husband Doug on The Neighborhood Listen.

Got a big laugh from me when he put the echo effect on his voice after it was established that he was lost in the cellar

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yes, Brett is GREAT on Neighborhood Listen! I couldn't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeman
May 7, 2008

brett is actually starting to get pretty good