Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A mosh pit is just a cuddle puddle standing up change my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

One More Fat Nerd posted:

There was a pretty good conversation in another pyf thread a while back about the problem of bad actors in leftist spaces. Due to a variety of factors, intersectional spaces like this are very attractive to narcissistic personality disorder folks. Apparently you need consistent reliance on rules, strong moderation, and leadership willing and able to eject people permanently, or else you likely end up a little kingdom ruled by narcissists and staffed by people terrified of saying the wrong thing and suddenly being an oppressor.

Of course many places dont or cant create and enforce consistent rules and keep folks like this out. This is part of why most online spaces fukkin' suck. Big chunks of Tumblr, YA author twitter, etc etc, just full of little narc kingdoms battling it out over e-turf like the lamest possible cyberpunk gangs.

I mean, this sort of thing has been an issue with online/nerd spaces for forever.
I can't remember the exact phrasing of it, but wasn't one of the early internet things about "Nerd Social Fallacies" something like, "You don't have to accept everyone just because you weren't accepted"

I know that was more in regards to things like not kicking nazis or pedos out and stuff, but it seems like the same kinda things apply to intersctional spaces as well. Its ok to kick someone out if they're being toxic. Might be tough, but that's part of having strong leadership.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

The gently caress is this silly poo poo

They have matching shirts.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mosh Pit was probably my favorite Star Wars guy.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Brawnfire posted:

I like the plaid guy who seems like he didn't realize a photo was being taken

He's their token straight-edge member.

The dude in the middle of the dogpile is holding a beer in one hand and someone else's crotch in the other.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

seiferguy posted:

If you were never told about the virus, you never would have noticed it existed :thunk:

Where the gently caress do these people get off? How would no one notice? Do these people not know anybody at all? Like, funeral homes are backed up till loving June in my local city. You aren't even allowed a fancy funeral with a big service anymore.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
My boy with the staph infection from that party also has diabetes at age 22.

He's really trying to up his risk factors. Guess he didn't wanna come out of this too healthy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

vyelkin posted:

Someone mentioned this in a QCS thread recently and it stuck in my head, basically in any online community, the community degenerates to the worst level of posting that you tolerate. Facebook has basically no content moderation except for things that are actually both illegal and for which Facebook can be punished (case in point, something like 1 in 3 of Facebook's moderation staff worldwide are in Germany, because Germany actually has laws that punish Facebook for not taking down illegal content immediately), and they absolutely do not care about people posting conspiracy theories, death threats, whatever. So over time, Facebook gets taken over by people posting conspiracy theories and death threats, and people who don't want to see that stuff stop going on Facebook as often, which means more of the content is people posting conspiracy theories and death threats, which leads to a positive feedback loop of those things getting more and more common.

You can avoid this by carefully curating what things you see on Facebook or by only participating in groups with active moderation preventing people from posting like that, because then someone else is applying a higher standard of posting than Facebook itself allows. And as soon as you leave those more heavily-moderated bubbles, pretty much any public post about any subject rapidly descends into online culture wars fighting, because that's what Facebook tolerates and so that's what they get.

It's a shame really, he's the only one I know posting this insane stuff on facebook. My roughly twice daily log on now pretty much always has a thing about covid being a lie and lockdown not neccessary or some anti-liberal stuff. He was always fairly out there (think opinionated right winger) when I knew him, and would occasionally post things I thought were a bit funny but now it's every time I log on and I think the virus lockdown broke his brain.

The stuff there about QCS/social media in general makes sense, I guess that's the big issue around fyad and the cspam stuff and in a bigger way reddit which does very little moderation even after they banned a bunch of the hate subs, but this is probably not the place to be discussing that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
CSPAM has moderation.

A fair bit of it, it caused controversy because of it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1256977394679705605?s=20

She sorta has a point, Tara Reade was an adult woman when the alleged sexual assault happened, very unlike a Catholic to do that.

If she were a 10 year old altar boy at the time of the assault...

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

ilmucche posted:

It's a shame really, he's the only one I know posting this insane stuff on facebook. My roughly twice daily log on now pretty much always has a thing about covid being a lie and lockdown not neccessary or some anti-liberal stuff. He was always fairly out there (think opinionated right winger) when I knew him, and would occasionally post things I thought were a bit funny but now it's every time I log on and I think the virus lockdown broke his brain.

The stuff there about QCS/social media in general makes sense, I guess that's the big issue around fyad and the cspam stuff and in a bigger way reddit which does very little moderation even after they banned a bunch of the hate subs, but this is probably not the place to be discussing that.

I think GBS 2.0 is a great example of just how much heavy lifting good moderation does for a community

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Ah, The Vic Mignola defense. Someone somewhere liked a creepy old man touching them, so it can't be bad.

Weird how that doesn't work for anything else, "People like spending money, so robbing this bank can't be that bad."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/heyitscalla/status/1256914641923510277

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.change.org/p/sony-playstation-change-ps-plus-may-2020

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

gamers salty about free games

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TotalLossBrain posted:

gamers salty about free games

It's because there was a bullshit leak saying it was going to be one of the Dark Souls games or something.

And I agree it's a dumbass petition, but it isn't free, it's part of a subscription service and you lose access if you are no longer subscribed.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Inceltown posted:

It shouldn't be a surprise that gamers don't like female characters to be developed.

:eyepop:

sorry this was a totally underagedunderrated post

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Sick1With4Smile/status/1257037329967046657
Sick1With4Smile isn't the idiot.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

one of them checks out at least #gojoe

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

It's because there was a bullshit leak saying it was going to be one of the Dark Souls games or something.

And I agree it's a dumbass petition, but it isn't free, it's part of a subscription service and you lose access if you are no longer subscribed.

Let's call it was it was, a Photoshop

It's 2020 and somehow people still just assume if it's videogame news on the internet it's a verified leak

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
For other idiots, there was some bored rear end in a top hat on Reddit who apparently hates Humble Bundle who photoshopped a fake leak for their May 2020 games list to show worse games to get people pissed off for a day until the Humble PR person called it a fake.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1257053888445853698

Anyone fancy going to Su's anal bum party?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just came her to post about this.

https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1257080242323275779?s=19

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

More like if they’re so stupid why are they so difficult to defeat

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Amanda_Kerri/status/1252682745983238144

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

It is wild to claim that Spielberg is worse than or on equal footing to D.W. Griffith, a producer of one of the most racist films in history.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

gently caress this selfish piece of poo poo.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It is wild to claim that Spielberg is worse than or on equal footing to D.W. Griffith, a producer of one of the most racist films in history.

that movie is the reason anyone would make that claim, it's one of the most technically influential and groundbreaking films in history. still studied in school, but of course, duh, so is spielberg.

the screenshotted person is a bitter contrarian who is desperate to be seen as a brilliant freethinking tastemaker but their list of "perfect films" hardly matches the op's characterization

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
"You can be a pedophile and be a philanthropic person"

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1257021073708761090?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sephiRoth IRA posted:

gently caress this selfish piece of poo poo.

This is what I say to myself when I get in the car after spending all night at the bar. I can't be responsible for the sober driver in front of me.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A simp but for transphobes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Five perfect movies:

Paul Blart
Zookeeper
Here Comes The Boom
Batman (1968)
Paul Blart 2

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Push El Burrito posted:

Five perfect movies:

Paul Blart
Zookeeper
Here Comes The Boom
Batman (1968)
Paul Blart 2

Predator
Aliens
Die Hard
Total Recall
RoboCop
:colbert:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The fact that one of his top five favorite films is a satire targeting people like him is made even more hilarious by the fact that three of the other films were released before WW2 ended

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Breetai posted:

Predator
Aliens
Die Hard
Total Recall
RoboCop

:hai:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Breetai posted:

Predator
Aliens
Die Hard
Total Recall
RoboCop

:yeah:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Breetai posted:

Predator
Aliens
Die Hard
Total Recall
RoboCop

Predator
Aliens
Under Siege
Lethal Weapon
Bad Boys
Last Action Hero
Army of Darkness
RoboCop
Terminator 2

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mods?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Perfect Blue
Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika
Ghost in the Shell (1995 obv)
Time Of Eve

honorary shout outs to the EVA movies, all of Miyazaki, Lu over the wall, and The Night Is SHort Girl, Walk On

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Breetai posted:

Predator
Aliens
Die Hard
Total Recall
RoboCop