Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

exquisite tea posted:

Nice Eurotruck endgame build.

the waste oil burner really ties the garage together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

post the most US box arts u got

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
at least US box art isn't just pictures of big ben with the game's name in the background like uk art lmao gottem

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think there was some kind of Sony of America thing where they really wanted 3D models on their box art to sell the next-gen thing and it looked like total rear end

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Obligatory:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also obligatory:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'm playing excel right now it's not fun

talk about big mutha truckers...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
You are being held capture by the evil Ganon, and your regdate determines what 2 characters are coming to rescue you.

Who is coming to your rescue?

I'm in good hands and or armcannons

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems about right.

Reg year should be the villain you're facing.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
I'd better make sure I have plenty of rupees and/or bells on me before getting captured.

e:what happens if you get both Tingles?

a glitch fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 4, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
drat i wish i'd registered between march and september

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pretty disappointed in Spyro so far.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

a glitch posted:

e:what happens if you get both Tingles?

You win

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Haha, yes, what a fun and funny combination I have

E: oh nvm both mine suck

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kirby Air Ride was amazingly fun and I can't find my copy anymore, please port it to Switch Sakurai

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
A new Air Ride with a City Trial you could play online with more players would be brilliant, but I'd be more than happy just getting a new race-focused Air Ride.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

a glitch posted:

A new Air Ride with a City Trial you could play online with more players would be brilliant, but I'd be more than happy just getting a new race-focused Air Ride.

the three modes of kirby air ride can be ranked thusly: city trial >>>>>>>>>>>> top ride > air ride

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm finding it hard to be bothered by much of the minor stuff in Animal Crossing Eternal when they're doing stuff like the May Day Maze

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that one of the covers where the US got Angry Kirby and JP got Happy Kirby

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

I'm finding it hard to be bothered by much of the minor stuff in Animal Crossing Eternal when they're doing stuff like the May Day Maze

It sucks a lot that player 2 doesn't get to do much of anything for no real reason

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

link and wft.... now that's win !!

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that one of the covers where the US got Angry Kirby and JP got Happy Kirby

Are there any Kirbys that don't do this? All I can think of is Epic Yarn, Star Allies and the original Game Boy game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yknow what I think? I think ff7r is great. thats what I think

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/pori64/status/1256376209602154497

this entire thread of photos is some powerful nostalgia

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

yknow what I think? I think ff7r is great. thats what I think

:hmmyes:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

As someone that grew up in NJ, this hits hard as heck. Not sure which location this is, but it looks just like the one where I lived.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 4, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
where's sega? (oh right... saturn)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

As someone that grew up in NJ, this hits hard as heck. Not sure which location this is, but it looks just like the one where I lived.

Further down they say it's the one that was in Paramus.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

idk if they had especially bad shoplifting problems or something, but my toys r us had an aisle of paper vouchers for its games, that you'd then bring to a counter near the exit for the actual box

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

idk if they had especially bad shoplifting problems or something, but my toys r us had an aisle of paper vouchers for its games, that you'd then bring to a counter near the exit for the actual box

:same:

I remember getting the SNES like that

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Further down they say it's the one that was in Paramus.

So not the one by me, but I probably was at that one at some point.

Looper posted:

Yeah, I remember the room by the exit with the reflective mirrors that the employee would go into and then come out holding Super Punch-Out.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
My whole strategy for that contest where you get however many minutes to grab shut in a toys r us was to run right to the paper slips and load up on games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just go for the cash registers imo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it was like sd cards or razor blades or what have you where the item in questions was small and easily stealable disproportionate to its size/value so yeah it was intended to deter shoplifting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cowcaster posted:

i think it was like sd cards or razor blades or what have you where the item in questions was small and easily stealable disproportionate to its size/value so yeah it was intended to deter shoplifting

Batteries and laundry detergent pods as well.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This was literally my local Toys R Us growing up. drat, I totally remember those Game Boy Color displays too. Nostalgia is powerful, sometimes.

For bonus points, there was a store at the nearby mall (Garden State Plaza for you other Jersey goons). Might've been an EB or a Funcoland, can't remember. But they had this Star Fox statue with incredible :smuggo: energy.

When the PS2 was about to come out, a bunch of people were gathered at the store window like in an old-timey movie watching Madden gameplay. One older man kept loudly remarking that it looked just like "watchin the game on teevee".

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I remember when I first started up Halo, my parents thought I was watching a movie during the opening cutscene.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My friend’s dad remarked during ffx’s opening cinematic: “it looks so much like real water” (referring to the big wave that’s about to hit the city)

I remember thinking, “this is it, finally, games are art”

Weedle
May 31, 2006

you could get away with a lot in the standard definition days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

My parents had nightmares about bees cause i played Banjo Kazooie late into the night

SeXReX posted:

You are being held capture by the evil Ganon, and your regdate determines what 2 characters are coming to rescue you.

Who is coming to your rescue?

I'm in good hands and or armcannons

hell yeah Luigi swooping in on a giant owl to save me. my hero