Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ZeusCannon posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS SLANDEROUS THREAD TITLE

new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
we must also talk about the terrible choices in coffee drinks

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Soricidus posted:

WRONG
LESS
FRENCH

:hmmyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soricidus posted:

WRONG
LESS
FRENCH

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Midjack posted:

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

drat yes that’s way better

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Midjack posted:

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Midjack posted:

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

:right:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

stop it the dragons don't know this is vaporware
what i meant to say is please enjoy our surprise stealth launch and ICO

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
BTCBlock01redditor for 1 week 18 points 17 hours ago

I think Satoshi Nakamoto is is most underrated genius of this century

Btcyoda 10 points 12 hours ago

I really think he should get a Nobel prize, and probably will some day.

Nobel prize of peace comes to mind Nobel prize for economics

williamevanl 50 points 17 hours ago

Yep! Was just thinking about this earlier. It's sad 99% of the people in this space can't even sort of comprehend what an amazing invention this was. You know it being programming, C++, highly technical and solving an age old computing problem.

If you could somehow jack the world average IQ by 30 points and everyone truly understood it, it would be a global holiday.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
C++, highly technical.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoiners still exist?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Paladinus posted:

C++, highly technical.

sure is. have you tried asking the average person in the street what #include does

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
if buttcoin solves an age-old computing problem then hashcat breaks AES

also lol at giving the peace prize to guy whose whitepaper had a measurable effect on hastening resource wars

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 6, 2020

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Millions saved by Satoshi's invention, public-private key encryption. In the 70s.

Isn't the Nobel prize for economics the one that isn't real or something like that?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Isn't the Nobel prize for economics the one that isn't real or something like that?

correct

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Soricidus posted:

sure is. have you tried asking the average person in the street what #include does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1P-AEaEp8

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shumagorath posted:

if buttcoin solves an age-old computing problem then hashcat breaks AES

also lol at giving the peace price to guy whose whitepaper had a measurable effect on hastening resource wars

buttcoin solves the age-old computing problem (which has existed AT LEAST since e.g. army generals from byzantium were around, if not before) of there not being any buttcoin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CampingCarl posted:

Bitcoins aren't real either

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

one of the most important videos ever made

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
the lawyers will throw in every situation they can conceive of at the time of writing so someone may have come up with something weird. It's why it's specifically illegal in Alabama to 'molest' bitcoins. They tossed in every synonym of 'harass' into the anti-bitcoin-drive regs and eventually got to weird poo poo like 'molest.' Though it is much more entertaining to ignore that and imagine they were trying to prevent hicks from raping bitcoins.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
If you have 51% consensus does it count a- you know what not making that joke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i mean i could totally see satoshi winning a nobel prize in economics because it's the fake one and has been given out for plenty of dumb bullshit in the past. like if you look at the nobel prizes each year, it's like "physics: discovered some fundamental particle, medicine: cured a horrible disease, economics: hey guys maybe markets involve psychology sometimes??? maybe???? anyway here's an equation to model it I think"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the nobel prize in economics, much like economics in general and bitcoins specifically, is imaginary

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

they're complex prizes, with five real parts and one imaginary part

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
the peace one is kinda hit and miss too tbqh

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
the peace prize was given to Obama who started Mexican camps and droned a region nonstop for 8 years

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Vomik posted:

the peace prize was given to Obama who started Mexican camps and droned a region nonstop for 8 years

Also to Henry Kissinger, an unrepentant war criminal and mass murderer who, instead of having been publicly hanged, still exists.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Grace Baiting posted:

they're complex prizes, with five real parts and one imaginary part

fuckin nerd

differential equations is the class that made me start punching people

and i haven't stopped

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
guys

hey guys

guys

buttcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

im calling the police

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
granos?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

...! posted:

fuckin nerd

differential equations is the class that made me start punching people

and i haven't stopped
Do you type one handed or does your speach to text have a custom *sock* *pow* filter?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Vomik posted:

It was given to him like 5 minutes after he took office and hadn't had a chance to do anything, for good or for bad.

basically he got the Nobel for "not being George W. Bush"

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Hammerite posted:

It was given to him like 5 minutes after he took office and hadn't had a chance to do anything, for good or for bad.

yeah I remember people being so mad about it here in poland, the amount of racism was so high, people would say that the world is going to end because of his skin colour

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

yeah I remember people being so mad about it here in poland, the amount of racism was so high, people would say that the world is going to end because of his skin colour

tbf we had exactly one black president and reacted by electing donald trump and destroying everything sooo

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Shame Boy posted:

tbf we had exactly one black president and reacted by electing donald trump and destroying everything sooo

I supposed that more people were like this, but the reaction here was really intense, this country has a really big crush on being like us, well basically we are a bit like america but with a barely working healthcare (i had to cover most of my treatments from my own pocket anyways) and laughable armed forces, everything else is just like late stage capitalism in united states, american corporations even got a tax cut and bought bunch of f35 so senpai trump may one day notice them

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RustyKnight posted:

I supposed that more people were like this, but the reaction here was really intense, this country has a really big crush on being like us, well basically we are a bit like america but with a barely working healthcare (i had to cover most of my treatments from my own pocket anyways) and laughable armed forces,
so you're like america

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Hammerite posted:

he got it for being black and the president, no reason to beat around the bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013