Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Fast and The Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and Furious: Tokyo rift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Listing out favorite movies is for loser dilettantes who don't really appreciate film as a art. So I'm just going to recommend that everyone watch Mortal Kombat before our next class on the modern superhero movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/suchnerve/status/1257161277295779840?s=20

Future member of Estranged Parents message boards. I don't even like Minecraft and I get how hosed that is. It's not locking away some toys for a set amount of time, that's destroying their toy in front of them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Technocrat posted:

Predators
Alien: Covenant
A Good Day to Die Hard
Total Recall (2012)
RoboCop (2014)

Honestly didn't think those last two were terrible, just nowhere near as good as the originals.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Skwirl posted:

Future member of Estranged Parents message boards. I don't even like Minecraft and I get how hosed that is. It's not locking away some toys for a set amount of time, that's destroying their toy in front of them.

Wow holy poo poo this post is one of the few in this thread that actually makes me angry. They even preface it by saying they know how proud their kid is of their creative work, and then just loving bzorp, gone, and zero sign of contrition or feeling like a sack of gently caress that they made their kid cry.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I thought the tweeter was overreacting but goddamn. Why do you have to be such a disciplinarian right now? Everyone's trying to cope with lockdown. Most adults are drunk by noon right now.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Also expecting a kid that age to wake up at 7am is pretty lovely. You need more sleep when you're growing, and it's an early sign of puberty starting. 'But school' is bullshit because school times are for parent's convenience, not kids; elementary schools especially start so early with the expectation that many parents need to have their kids squared away at school before they get to their own jobs at 9am.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

Not even destroying a toy, destroying their work. A year's worth, to a nine-year-old. Whatever lesson she's trying to impart, all she's telling that kid is that he should never produce or cherish anything, because Mother can make it go away.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Not even destroying a toy, destroying their work. A year's worth, to a nine-year-old. Whatever lesson she's trying to impart, all she's telling that kid is that he should never produce or cherish anything, because Mother can make it go away.

Christ. I can't stand Minecraft but that kid would have been really proud of what he created. That's beyond hosed up.

Is it expecting a bit much of Reddit for hoping that everyone on there told her she was a piece of poo poo?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I looked it up, and reddit was basically unanimous in their condemnation, including points like the above post about kids needing more sleep at that age, pointers about how to actually parent a child at that age, and offering help in restoring the file.

I'm not an AITA connoisseur, but from the stories I've looked up, they seem to be on the mark when the poster is the rear end in a top hat.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I looked it up, and reddit was basically unanimous in their condemnation, including points like the above post about kids needing more sleep at that age, pointers about how to actually parent a child at that age, and offering help in restoring the file.

I'm not an AITA connoisseur, but from the stories I've looked up, they seem to be on the mark when the poster is the rear end in a top hat.

Pro tip: everyone posting on reddit is the rear end in a top hat.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

T-man posted:

Perfect Blue
Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika
Ghost in the Shell (1995 obv)
Time Of Eve

honorary shout outs to the EVA movies, all of Miyazaki, Lu over the wall, and The Night Is SHort Girl, Walk On

C'mon, you have to admit the 2017 Ghost in the Shell was a fine rear end movie.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

there wolf posted:

Listing out favorite movies is for loser dilettantes who don't really appreciate film as a art. So I'm just going to recommend that everyone watch Mortal Kombat before our next class on the modern superhero movie.

You’re dumb and bad but maybe you never learned how to spell the words street and fighter.

E: This movie was good enough that it managed to kill M. Tyson M. Bison

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 12:24 on May 4, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm an AITA connoisseur and there's a reason why there's an entire thread on SA dedicated to the subreddit. It's because everyone in that subreddit is a dumbass, including the mods.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I would believe anything on r/relationaships, AITA etc even less than usual right now. They’re always breeding ground for ‘creative writing’ and since the covid poo poo started it’s gotten even worse for it.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

I hope this works, i am not good with computer.

After six tries, I did it, i am a brain genius and definitely not an Idiot On Social Media

One More Fat Nerd has a new favorite as of 15:11 on May 4, 2020

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EL BROMANCE posted:

I would believe anything on r/relationaships, AITA etc even less than usual right now. They’re always breeding ground for ‘creative writing’ and since the covid poo poo started it’s gotten even worse for it.
It hits a lot of hot buttons for the audience: Minecraft, kids and video games, losing a save, the value of sleep. It seems tailor made for the kind of people you'd find online, on Reddit, etc. So I got my fingers crossed it's fake.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i don't really see the point in trying to determine if any story on reddit is fake or not. unless it is egregiously badly written we may as well accept any story as one which takes place in the nebulous internet dimension. it's only tripping people up because the stories are supposed to be real, allegedly, and yet folks fall over themselves pointing out the kayfabe nature of it like they're the first person to figure out professional wrestling is staged

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You sound really cool.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

You’re dumb and bad but maybe you never learned how to spell the words street and fighter.

E: This movie was good enough that it managed to kill M. Tyson M. Bison

If he got so kiilled then how come he's in the sequel huh?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MizPiz posted:

The fact that one of his top five favorite films is a satire targeting people like him is made even more hilarious by the fact that three of the other films were released before WW2 ended

? are there old films also named The Clock and Get Out?

The Clock was what really pushed it into troll territory for me. i can believe they like it, but anyone saying that it's one of the very few perfect films is trying to rile people up. Batman (1968) too, it's great, but you'd only say it was perfect if you wanted to snub everyone who has enjoyed any other superhero movie.

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 16:13 on May 4, 2020

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Doc Hawkins posted:

The Clock was what really pushed it into troll territory for me. i can believe they like it, but anyone saying that it's one of the very few perfect films is trying to rile people up. Batman (1968) too, it's great, but you'd only say it was perfect if you wanted to snub everyone who has enjoyed any other superhero movie.

I don't know if my Google skills are weak, but all I'm seeing for "Batman (1968) movie" is one from 1966

Batman (1966)

Edit: The Clock could be this one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/akilahgreen/status/1257048985367310336

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Doc Hawkins posted:

I didn't know about the art house The Clock and it does make more sense that it's that one. The other two were Bringing Up Baby and The Consequences of Feminism.

Also, the list is unsurprising if you know film school assholes who think your five favorite films defines you. The Clock is the obligatory "conceptional" art house movie, Batman is supposed to one up super hero fans, Get Out and The Consequences of Feminism are there to give him idpol points, and Bringing Up Baby is what he uses to flirt with girls.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

It reminds me of how way back in the day here on the forums one of the most beautiful things that could ever happen was when someone unwittingly admitted to something horrifying while being completely oblivious to how horrific it was. (Stuff like “everyone’s experimented sexually with a pet at some point - Right?”)

It’s much rarer today since the forums now trend older and the posting is much more disciplined. It’s not as fun on twitter since there isn’t the same expectation of not being a total idiot, but drat do I still love me a good self-own.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AjaxAtax/status/1257261626912358406

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

If the contact with strangers while grocery shopping is the same as the contact with a partner during sex, then I am doing at least one of those two things wrong.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MizPiz posted:

Bringing Up Baby is what he uses to flirt with girls.
i have heard that netflix has a documentary series about this strategy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hello Sailor posted:

C'mon, you have to admit the 2017 Ghost in the Shell was a fine rear end movie.

Mods?

Mods??

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

jjack229 posted:

If the contact with strangers while grocery shopping is the same as the contact with a partner during sex, then I am doing at least one of those two things wrong.

i shop at whole foods

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/buttpraxis/status/1257366543605915648?s=21

Buttpraxis is not the idiot
I am the idiot for trusting butt praxis

Palmers blog is in the thread

Ambitious Spider has a new favorite as of 19:45 on May 4, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ambitious Spider posted:

https://twitter.com/buttpraxis/status/1257366543605915648?s=21

Buttpraxis is not the idiot

Palmers blog is in the thread

Kinda is for misrepresenting what's in the blog.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Kinda is for misrepresenting what's in the blog.
Yeah like Neil Gaiman is not exactly blindsided if he's already moved back to the UK. Sounds like she was just informing people of why he's not around while trying to be bare on details bc they don't need a dramastorm when they've got to co-parent.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I like dunking on Amanda Palmer as much as the next person, but if he moved to a different continent then I'm guessing he's aware they're separated.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Post corrected.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/prettycritical/status/1197672824040828928

That's hosed up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Amanda Palmer is also probably a TERF (her song "Sex Changes" is all about how you'll regret transitioning) and has put racist jokes on other tracks. She's a generally awful person.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

LOL I've never read Neil Gaiman, and I guess I have this empty, cargo-cult respect for him since everyone seems to gush, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's a huge fuckin dipshit based on his apparent judge of character nerf with people he ostensibly plans to spend the rest of his life with.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chitoryu12 posted:

Amanda Palmer is also probably a TERF (her song "Sex Changes" is all about how you'll regret transitioning) and has put racist jokes on other tracks. She's a generally awful person.

She and Neil Gaiman are apparently starting the process of having a famous person divorce.

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1257254854638161920

https://twitter.com/amandapalmer/status/1257152006638104576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Handiklap posted:

LOL I've never read Neil Gaiman, and I guess I have this empty, cargo-cult respect for him since everyone seems to gush, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's a huge fuckin dipshit based on his apparent judge of character nerf with people he ostensibly plans to spend the rest of his life with.

I would argue that he is not planning on spending the rest of his life with her at this time, actually.