Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is/was there a thread for In the Dark? It was on the CW but I just watched it on Netflix and now I'm freaking out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Croatoan posted:

Be the poster you want to be

I want to be the guy who posts in the thread, not the guy who posts the thread

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Do we have a thread for Carnival Row on Amazon?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

blackshreds posted:

Do we have a thread for Carnival Row on Amazon?

No, but it has been talked about in the binging thread. I don't think a CR thread would gain much traction, I liked the show but it's very easy to poke holes at - maybe when the second season rolls around I'll do one.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Do we have anything like a general Comedy thread like we have a general Kids' show thread? I saw part of Bob Hearts Abishola and I kind of like it even if is from Chuck Lorre. Still I don't see it getting a dedicated thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a thread for The Terror: Infamy? I'm just binging through it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it’s here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852958

I haven’t read it but presumably there’s a lot of discussion about how garbage it was

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm enjoying it so far, but thanks for the reply.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’ve had a decent look so I assume there is no thread for the excellent Money Heist?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Do we have a New Pope thread? I know some reviews were a bit negative but I enjoyed the poo poo out of the first episode.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Is there a thread for Schitt’s Creek? I just binged the whole show on Netflix and would love to follow along in a thread for the sixth and final season that just started on PopTV.

I did a search but only came up with a few threads where it was briefly mentioned.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PT6A posted:

Do we have a New Pope thread? I know some reviews were a bit negative but I enjoyed the poo poo out of the first episode.

Goons are all godless heathens too simple-minded to enjoy magical realism.

No, but really, there should be a thread, and I'm pretty sure there isn't one.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

No thread for Sex Education? It's a really good show, and a second season was just released.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a thread for His Dark Materials?

I just watched the Trailer and it looks pretty drat good. I'm just curious if its worth my time or not.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

We got anything going for HBO's Avenue 5?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Organic Lube User posted:

We got anything going for HBO's Avenue 5?

Nah, but we probably should.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Norton the First posted:

Goons are all godless heathens too simple-minded to enjoy magical realism.

No, but really, there should be a thread, and I'm pretty sure there isn't one.

I enjoy this "magical realism" you speak of but I don't understand it. Is this show Twin Peaks Goes to the Vatican?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's not on the level of Twin Peaks no. The vibe is more of like, Cloud Atlas, but nowhere near that extreme. The "magical" or whatever elements are more in that vaguely spiritual humanist vein, not the crazy alternate dimension type.

Edit: and only in tone, there's not like multiple time jumps or anything that crazy

precision fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 26, 2020

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

precision posted:

It's not on the level of Twin Peaks no. The vibe is more of like, Cloud Atlas, but nowhere near that extreme. The "magical" or whatever elements are more in that vaguely spiritual humanist vein, not the crazy alternate dimension type.

Edit: and only in tone, there's not like multiple time jumps or anything that crazy

That’s actually a great comparison I hadn’t thought of. I love Cloud Atlas and I love the New Pope. They are both just very artistically satisfying. I can’t explain it any other way, it’s like the feeling you get when you look at a piece of art you love even if you’re not sure you understand it fully. Though, it’s much less confusing than Cloud Atlas.

I think it also touches the unknowable aspect of religion and faith in a way that tickles my cold atheist heart. You have the venal politics of the Vatican combined with faith and miracles. The way Pius XIII prayed in the last episode manages to simultaneously capture the dissatisfaction with an absent God and the longing for one. It’s just very loving good although not completely explainable.

Also before this I didn’t know nuns dancing in a surreal rave and smoking did it for me, and now I do! :v:

Seriously though, just watch it. You’ll either love it or you won’t.

And, I can’t stress this enough, John Malkovich’s performance this season is just loving amazing. And Jude Law too for that matter. And Silvio Orlando. gently caress, it’s so good, just watch it!

PT6A fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 27, 2020

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone know if there's a thread for The Plot Against America?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Once you make it, there will be!

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Has anyone watched the Amazon Prime program “Tales from the Loop”? And if so would you like to talk about it?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Has anyone watched the Amazon Prime program “Tales from the Loop”? And if so would you like to talk about it?

I like it a lot, but it's based on a series of paintings, so it's 100% style over substance and there's a chance most people will find it excruciatingly dull. There's nothing else quite like it, though, and I find it extremely beautiful. It has a good STALKER/Roadside Picnic vibe to it, I think.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I was pretty disappointed by it, it was all style and very little content, plus the writing was pretty bad overall.

But it has a really great atmosphere and music, and I can understand why some people really like it.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Where's the Tiger King thread?
Don't judge

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

escape artist posted:

Where's the Tiger King thread?
Don't judge

It was talked about in the cinema discusso thread 'What's streaming on Netflix'

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Is there a thread for Motherland: Fort Salem?

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

I’m working my way through The OA (finished season 1 and just started season 2) and I was pretty surprised to find there wasn’t a thread for it here, it’s one of the most bonkers TV shows I’ve ever seen (and apparently it just gets bonkerser).

agreed! I loved how they sort of reinvented televison story telling. definitely an under rated show.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

The Office?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished airing seven gears ago.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Azathoth Prime posted:

Is there a thread for Motherland: Fort Salem?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924175 There is now. Just in time for the Season Finale.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Is there an Ozark thread?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not for s3. This is the latest one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867417

also something about how it’s bad idk

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Ah sad want someone to scream with me about certain s3 events

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Is there a thread for Alone on history channel? I don't even see a History channel thread, not surprising since everything on history is poo poo except Alone.

If not I'll see about posting one.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 13, 2020

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Are there any active Shield threads? I could only find the archived no-spoiler thread. I just finished the show and want to jaw about it.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I've been liking Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. I didn't know I needed Nathan Lane as a grizzled, 1930s detective this much before.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Ill be gone in the dark thread?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

escape artist posted:

Ill be gone in the dark thread?

There's a generic Apple TV thread that might be what you're looking for.

Unless there's a fourth show with that contains the words In The Dark, roughly in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Is there a Murdoch Mysteries thread?