Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

A+ post/av combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

At first I was impressed by there actually being some kind of wrap around whatever that arm is resting on... then after reading the post I realized it's probably a literal car arm rest and that impressed feeling vanished pretty drat quickly.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wtf is universal credit...is he saying he only barters for tattoos because he can't accept cash? Are they trading tattoos, like you have to give this guy a tattoo when he's done?

A UK welfare-style benefit it seems.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also apparently roses and pocket watches are like super cliche UK tattoos if random inked videos are to be believed.

Which would explain the apology about the style.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

So just to be sure, is this motherfucker offering tattooing in the middle of quarantine?

Don't get me wrong, everyone has to find a way to make a living, and I don't begrudge some low level scratcher trying to make it with what they have. But man, now is the worst time to go get a shady tattoo from inside a windowless van. And let's face it, that can probably has a Free Candy sign painted on it.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

here's the van:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

here's the van:

Honestly... that's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's not good, but I thought it would for real be a soccermom minivan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The presence of a sharps bucket was far far more than I expected.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope the van is in motion while he tattoos people.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Really makes me feel dumb for getting that tattoo in the BangBus.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

That would explain a lot of the tattoos in this thread

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wtf is universal credit...is he saying he only barters for tattoos because he can't accept cash? Are they trading tattoos, like you have to give this guy a tattoo when he's done?

It's a new benefits system in the UK, ostensibly a good idea instead of applying for housing benefit, job seekers etc etc separately you just do one application for everything in one go. But it's administered by the Tories so it's terrible.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EL BROMANCE posted:

the tattoo van is comin' and everybody's jumpin, new york through san francisco, a hepatitis disco, the artist will leave bruisin with needles theyre reusin, so if you hate your body, get on and join the party

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

the tattoo van is comin' and everybody's jumpin, new york through san francisco, a hepatitis disco, the artist will leave bruisin with needles theyre reusin, so if you hate your body, get on and join the party

:aaaaa: The music ran through my head as I read your poetry long before I even realized what you had done!

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I sort of hear it to the tune of $=🤎

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Best part of that guys thinly veiled excuse to continue trading out the back of a van... Literally EVERYONE is entitled to UC at the moment.

There is next to 0 checks being done, they are passing everyone through the system as quick as possible and will try and hunt down fraud at a later date (and oh boy, you bet the Tories will spend a good Ł2Billion to track down the 100 or so people that gamed the system to claim Ł94 a week for a few months)

But yeah, they absolutely are entitled to UC, and i'd even bet my shop they are already claiming it so just want to continue working off the books regardless, because as far as i know you cannot register a van for a premises license here in the UK so his mobile set up is already breaking a bunch of legislation. And if they did have a fixed brick n mortar shop they would have got either a Ł10k or Ł25k grant to tide them over during the quarantine. That's how i'm surviving without trading at the moment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Just because he "can't" tattoo legally, doesn't mean he "shouldn't."

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just because he "can't" tattoo well, doesn't mean he "shouldn't."

:crossarms:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
We've been closed since the day after St. Patrick's day and we've gotten a message every single day since looking for tattoos and piercings. People are fuckin' mad for tattoos atm.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

How else are you going to remember this period in history?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hirayuki posted:

Tombstones seem purpose built for remembering history and they last longer than any tattoo.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

CzarChasm posted:

Tombstones seem purpose built for remembering history and they last longer than any tattoo.

Eh, that's like tattooing my back. If I can't see it, I don't want it!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hirayuki posted:

I've seen this flash before, but looking it up immediately showed me a lovely tattoo of it!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

"What angle do you want the plane from?"

"Yes"

:staredog:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What, you've never seen a Cessna Escher before?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I think I count 6 different perspectives

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Tears In A Vial posted:

here's the van:

Pleasantly surprised it's not a shag carpeted interior. It makes me sad, though, because my first session for my sleeve is supposed to be in the middle of June and I don't think we'll be at a point where things will be able to happen by then. Thankfully I booked like four appointments out, so maybe we'll just start a month later? Assuming my artist hasn't starved to death from lack of work... :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Pleasantly surprised it's not a shag carpeted interior. It makes me sad, though, because my first session for my sleeve is supposed to be in the middle of June and I don't think we'll be at a point where things will be able to happen by then. Thankfully I booked like four appointments out, so maybe we'll just start a month later? Assuming my artist hasn't starved to death from lack of work... :smith:

Tattoo parlors open Friday here in Ohio!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Just a matter of who you trust to tell you it’s safe, I reckon.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Iron Crowned posted:

Tattoo parlors open Friday here in Ohio!

"Can I have some Covid with my Hepatitis please?"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I wouldn't get a tattoo in Ohio anyways, pandemic or not. It's such a poo poo state, I can't stand it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Field Mousepad posted:

I wouldn't get a tattoo in Ohio anyways, pandemic or not. It's such a poo poo state, I can't stand it

I got this tattoo to commemorate my four hour layover in loving Cleveland. *rolls up sleeve to reveal NEVAR AGAIN in poorly kerned old english*

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I got this tattoo to commemorate my four hour layover in loving Cleveland. *rolls up sleeve to reveal NEVAR AGAIN in poorly kerned old english*

Bed-bug tattoos. No, a suitcase on wheels with a big V8 sticking out the top and bed-bugs spilling out, a la Ratfink.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Baby grabbing his mother’s finger.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

.......riiiiiiiiight.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is that the Scooby gang?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

NOFX?

poo poo I was right it’s from the back of I Heard They Suck Live.

Piss Witch has a new favorite as of 13:43 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This was my first thought.