Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bunch of dumb motherfuckers in the comments yelling about NO AC when you very clearly say it has AC in the description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Midjack posted:

Bunch of dumb motherfuckers in the comments yelling about NO AC when you very clearly say it has AC in the description.

As far as I can tell it's just the one person that said it, and from the way they typed their comment I don't think English is their first language. Still though, a great lookin' lil Pajero.

This week I got these two guys cleaned up:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
and today:

1986 Toyota Blizzard, turbo diesel, 5 speed manual, PTO winch ultra-chin'd compact SUV. 2 door and seats 2 as that's all the chairs you get. It's dirty as hell. It was sold at auction with a bad clutch but now that it's here I can't figure out what they mean. The clutch feels fine, you can even spin the tires (not because this thing is super powerful but because the tires are quite bad). It did arrive with extremely low fuel, light was on and it was well past E, so perhaps that's why everyone was having issues. The battery arrived dead so while I had it on the charger I went and filled a fuel can with diesel and filled it with around 5~ gallons. Starts nice, drives nice, and became real confused on the whole 'bad clutch' business.

The real prize though is this:

This thing is SO SERIOUS. It feels like driving around some jacked bouncer around. The few Jeep people I've seen so far while being out and about are not enthusiastic at all to see it, though the typical diesel boys get a kick out of it. It is an extremely deliberate feeling vehicle. Compared to the Rugger which feels like a happy puppy jumping side to side this Cruiser feels like one of those zen master dudes that rakes rock gardens. Non-turbo diesel, 5 speed manual, electric winch this time, AC, and most importantly ~soft top~. I love it so.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hachi machi

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just won ANOTHER camper. HiAce with fresh timing belt...put in the time and it pays off...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

KakerMix posted:

and today:

The light placement is just :eng99:

That white Cruiser is amazing.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

KakerMix posted:

and today:

1986 Toyota Blizzard, turbo diesel, 5 speed manual, PTO winch ultra-chin'd compact SUV. 2 door and seats 2 as that's all the chairs you get. It's dirty as hell. It was sold at auction with a bad clutch but now that it's here I can't figure out what they mean. The clutch feels fine, you can even spin the tires (not because this thing is super powerful but because the tires are quite bad). It did arrive with extremely low fuel, light was on and it was well past E, so perhaps that's why everyone was having issues. The battery arrived dead so while I had it on the charger I went and filled a fuel can with diesel and filled it with around 5~ gallons. Starts nice, drives nice, and became real confused on the whole 'bad clutch' business.

You might try checking the rear main seal - my Starlet has a very intermittent shudder when pulling out in first that I am pretty sure is due to oil from a failing RMS getting on the flywheel. I can't find any combination of variables in letting it sit, temperature, road surface, angle, etc to replicate it intentionally, and it happens infrequently enough that I can go weeks of regular driving without having it happen.

Said Starlet is an AU$500 beater, so it ain't getting fixed. I check the oil every week or two and top up if needed. Hasn't gotten worse in 3 years :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ethics_Gradient posted:

You might try checking the rear main seal - my Starlet has a very intermittent shudder when pulling out in first that I am pretty sure is due to oil from a failing RMS getting on the flywheel. I can't find any combination of variables in letting it sit, temperature, road surface, angle, etc to replicate it intentionally, and it happens infrequently enough that I can go weeks of regular driving without having it happen.

Said Starlet is an AU$500 beater, so it ain't getting fixed. I check the oil every week or two and top up if needed. Hasn't gotten worse in 3 years :v:

you're doing the lord's work. I haven't seen a Starlet on the road in ???? years. Also how on earth do you find a drivable car for $500 in Australia? I need to find something to teach my girlfriend manual.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

I just won ANOTHER camper. HiAce with fresh timing belt...put in the time and it pays off...

That roll-out awning is :discourse:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

This thing is SO SERIOUS. It feels like driving around some jacked bouncer around. The few Jeep people I've seen so far while being out and about are not enthusiastic at all to see it, though the typical diesel boys get a kick out of it. It is an extremely deliberate feeling vehicle. Compared to the Rugger which feels like a happy puppy jumping side to side this Cruiser feels like one of those zen master dudes that rakes rock gardens. Non-turbo diesel, 5 speed manual, electric winch this time, AC, and most importantly ~soft top~. I love it so.

I see the windshield has hinges to fold down.....So I'm assuming the roof and B pillars a detachable as well? Do the doors appear to come off easily?

Would love to see it in full convertible mode hint hint :v:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Holy poo poo Dave, sick camper!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

slothrop posted:

you're doing the lord's work. I haven't seen a Starlet on the road in ???? years. Also how on earth do you find a drivable car for $500 in Australia? I need to find something to teach my girlfriend manual.

Even fewer of them now with the Takara airbag recall :smith: "Luckily" mine never had an airbag to begin with...

Be quick on the draw* with Gumtree and not care how bad the paint is - despite only having about 10% of the clear coat left, it had been regularly serviced and had 17 years worth of receipts, although it did need new tyres and rear struts when I bought it. I drove it around for a couple of months until it had otherwise proved out, then splashed out on $300 for tyres/alignment and $150 for some eBay struts and did those myself. It's needed a few very minor things since but has been otherwise unkillable. 40L of petrol gets me anywhere from 500-600kms on my mostly rural drive into work, so it's been a brilliant cheap commuter.

*I missed a running 80s L300 4x4 in pretty decent nick for $550 a few weeks ago by a matter of minutes - still not quite over that :(

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 30, 2020

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

everdave posted:

...put in the time and it pays off...

Speaking of, nice sale on the pajero, that got a good jump in the end.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Speaking of, nice sale on the pajero, that got a good jump in the end.

that was a wild ride!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
A real good wild ride though. I wish there were some way to count on having two pocketbooks fight each other but you can't ever count on that. Ultra glad it worked out for you tho, I'm jealous as heck!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

A real good wild ride though. I wish there were some way to count on having two pocketbooks fight each other but you can't ever count on that. Ultra glad it worked out for you tho, I'm jealous as heck!

Yeah had a few people who really wanted it, and the old guy who won the fire truck wanted it and he bid it up to 13,300 thinking it would shut everyone down and they just kept battling. Today was a good day!

Bluebird ends tomorrow has been very quiet over on that one...

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
drat whoever got that Bluebird got a deal, I'd have been interested at that price tbh

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s so sexy

E- oh wow that was a steal

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave posted:

Yeah had a few people who really wanted it, and the old guy who won the fire truck wanted it and he bid it up to 13,300 thinking it would shut everyone down and they just kept battling. Today was a good day!

Bluebird ends tomorrow has been very quiet over on that one...

First car imported I didn’t make money. They let me have a reserve and it was much higher than this but I lifted it at the end, when me, one guy with 2 kids has 15 imports here or coming sometimes you just have to prioritize other vehicles. I had so many people want this car around my town but no one with 2 nickels to rub together. That car should have sold for $9k, it’s worth it. But I got a crazy price for my Pajero Mini. I decided to let it go and make room. Stinks but the guy who won it is really excited about it and should keep it long term. Part of the game...

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

everdave posted:

First car imported I didn’t make money. They let me have a reserve and it was much higher than this but I lifted it at the end, when me, one guy with 2 kids has 15 imports here or coming sometimes you just have to prioritize other vehicles. I had so many people want this car around my town but no one with 2 nickels to rub together. That car should have sold for $9k, it’s worth it. But I got a crazy price for my Pajero Mini. I decided to let it go and make room. Stinks but the guy who won it is really excited about it and should keep it long term. Part of the game...

that explains it. I’d have assume it would be RNM at that price. if it weren’t for COVID ending my employment I’d have been interested at $5k.

that Pajero result is insane; bravo. what did you initially think that would fetch?

snugglz fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 6, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Absolute wildest dream on Mini would have been 10-12

My only regret on the Bluebird was not being able to drive it and enjoy it more while I had it. Just had too many other cars and I had plans to get to it and didn’t, if I had just detailed it and put it on BAT months ago when no AC would have been less than an issue I’m sure the auction would have gone a lot better. My kids didn’t like riding in it they said it was “too fast”. Just lowered, 5 speed it may have felt like that to them ha. They love the 85 Acty van I have right now. They love the Celsior and all the campers. They like the Skylines. Kids who knows. They do not like diesel fire truck they said it’s too loud (it’s not).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

They do not like diesel fire truck they said it’s too loud (it’s not).

Your children are grounded.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Your children are grounded.

I know! Spoiled

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I seriously wish I was in a place to have bought that Bluebird. I hope that whoever ends up with it really enjoys it. I don't know poo poo about old Nissans but that thing ticked some boxes for me that I didn't even know I had.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

A manual right hand drive wagon with low miles not selling for incredible monies on BaT, and a miniature Mitsu selling for ransom amounts of cash shows that 2020 is wildly unpredictable.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Took the top fully off today. Tomorrow we see the final form.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Took the top fully off today. Tomorrow we see the final form.

Man I like that a lot.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tyro posted:

Man I like that a lot.

:hmmyes:

I mean it's cool to do in a novel, "heh check this out" sort of way but practically, if you aren't slowly crawling through some thick muddy woods where you gotta see everything around you are all times it's a pain in the dick. The difference between this Cruiser and our Rugger though is that Toyota is Toyota so everything is much more substantial and well-thought out. I'll be putting it all back together tomorrow and the top will be back up on it. At least now I've done it at leas once, and got a very good look at how actually clean the whole truck is.

And finally, sold our other white Land Cruiser today to a local dentist originally from Columbia:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

*faints, in South Carolinian*

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah that owns

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

:rock:

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
This has been a good page.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Only thing its missing is a Soviet DShK heavy machine gun on a tripod in the back and a bunch of blokes with AK-47's in it.

Something like this...

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Only thing its missing is a Soviet DShK heavy machine gun on a tripod in the back and a bunch of blokes with AK-47's in it.

Something like this...

I think I originally saw this in the quotes thread, where a bunch of goons gaslit someone about prosopagnosia. It still makes me chuckle.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Here's the 86 Blizzard. It's complete, even with the presumably rare as balls center 'TOYOTA' caps for the rear wheels, to say nothing of the wheels themselves. All badges too. I'm thinking of stealing the 'TURBO' from the front grill for our Rugger. It is a compact body on frame solid axle turbo diesel 5 speed manual SUV. gently caress-off PTO winch on the front, hitch on the back, ugly rear end and too-tiny steering wheel and old cracked tires. The wheels aren't damaged besides the clear coat doing some sever flaking off. This might actually be the dirtiest vehicle we've ever had as well. Cool as gently caress though!

Ferremit posted:

Something like this...

Hell 2 the yeah

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That Blizzard is incredible. I bet it would kick rear end on some trails, too.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My diesel dually Mazda Bongo Brawny Fire Truck is live on BAT!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-mazda-bongo-brawny/

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Nice. Good luck with this one. It's a really interesting truck and seems like it could be bent to a bunch of different uses for just the right insane person.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Motronic posted:

Nice. Good luck with this one. It's a really interesting truck and seems like it could be bent to a bunch of different uses for just the right insane person.

Thanks! Seating for 6, diesel power, dual rear wheels for hefty load capacity, and no joke it just drives fantastic. I can’t describe it. The first Mazda I’ve ever owned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
So is that canvas new? I know you said the driver destroyed the original one.

: NM: got to the end of the auction. Did you ever get paid for the damage?

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 14, 2020