Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Went to Costco on a Friday. It was a little weird to see what was missing from the shelves. TP, chicken: sure, I expected that. But they were also out of a bunch of standard Kirkland products: 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes, frozen pizzas. They were out of Normandy vegetables, friends! I was actually a little shook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The big boxes of Orange Chicken were depleted.

And they stopped carrying the pot stickers, months ago.

They stop carrying everything I grow to love.

Sigh.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

GORDON posted:

The big boxes of Orange Chicken were depleted.

And they stopped carrying the pot stickers, months ago.

They stop carrying everything I grow to love.

Sigh.

What? Which Pot Stickers? We just finished our bag we had on hand last night. :ohdear:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hasselblad posted:

What? Which Pot Stickers? We just finished our bag we had on hand last night. :ohdear:

I forget the brand, but the ones that literally said "pot stickers" on the bag. My church stopped carrying them a couple months ago. Couldn't find them online.

Woe is us!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

make your own dumplings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzg4La4C3Q

once you dumpling you can dump anything

https://thewoksoflife.com/category/recipes/dumplings/ especially the sichuan spicy wontons
https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/how-to-make-japanese-gyoza-dumplings.html
https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/dumpling-types-around-the-world.html
etc

especially if you've got kids around you are making a criminal mistake by not putting them to work making dumplings for dinner

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

GORDON posted:

Field test:

So I'm kind of an active guy, even though I have a brace on my lower leg because of nerve damage. The brace wraps around my calf, so if I want to do any hikes over 3 miles I need some sort of buffer between it and my skin to keep myself from getting chaffed to the point I bleed.

I tried out these pants yesterday:

https://www.costco.com/bc-clothing-men%e2%80%99s-convertible-pant.product.100514637.html

I only bought one pair from the store, because the sizing was weird (I wear a 36x32 jean, and, eyeballing the sizing in the store, I chose the Lx30 size of these pants). Turned out it was a good choice, the fit was about perfect.

After a 3 mile hike in these pants yesterday, I can say 3 things:

1. The fabric, almost like canvas, is light, comfortable, and felt durable. There's an Arches National Park week planned in July (I hope), and I feel like they'll stand up to light rock scrambling.

2. The brace was comfortable. No chaffing.

3. My girlfriend says my rear end looks spectacular in them. "I don't ordinarily notice these things, but your butt looked really good."

So, I rate these a "buy."

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone have any good times on when to call the Costco.com customer service to actually get connected to an operator? I have been trying recently, and I get disconnected due to call volume.

Two weeks ago I ordered 3 boxes of diapers. One size 6 and two size 3. The size 6 came after a couple of days, but the size 3s never showed up. The Costco website shows the size 3s with the same UPS number as the size 6 box. But if I track the UPS number, UPS shows two other related tracking numbers that are “ready for UPS”. I am guessing some sort of back end mess up, and want to get this cleared up.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Orvin posted:

Anyone have any good times on when to call the Costco.com customer service to actually get connected to an operator? I have been trying recently, and I get disconnected due to call volume.

Two weeks ago I ordered 3 boxes of diapers. One size 6 and two size 3. The size 6 came after a couple of days, but the size 3s never showed up. The Costco website shows the size 3s with the same UPS number as the size 6 box. But if I track the UPS number, UPS shows two other related tracking numbers that are “ready for UPS”. I am guessing some sort of back end mess up, and want to get this cleared up.

I waited 3.5 hrs to get someone on chat when glass jarred sauces I ordered shattered in transit turning the box to soup with other contents missing from the giant hole in the box. Good luck getting someone on the phone.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
FYI, they are moving most Travel folks over to the membership and Ecom call centers. Granted everyone is still wfh but there should be a few more reps online. So 3.5 hour wait down to 3 hours!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

I don't wear shorts so I've never used that feature but that pic is hilarious.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So I haven't been to Costco since everything went to hell. Seeing that they are going back to normal hours today I was thinking about doing an evening run.

Is this a good idea or will everything be picked over by then? Just looking to avoid the crowds.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Normal hours everywhere or just certain states?

Why the gently caress is their website so BAD?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm hoping the rule change will make the store basically empty here. Like no one in my city wears a mask while out shopping and they will look at you like an alien when you're doing it, which may or may not be why our county has the third highest deathtoll in the state.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
My paper towels I ordered two weeks ago from the garbage site showed up, also so did paper towels from another store lol, I'm stocked up for months

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html

The website says "most" and my locations hours appear as normal.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I went to the 'Co a little after 7pm. The parking lot was pretty bare. Went in and looked down the way toward the back where all the prepared food is and not a person in sight. Grabbed all of my stuff and when I went to checkout, both open lanes were empty.

I'm assuming most people didn't get the memo that they were on standard hours. The employees were even redoing the last few aisles of junk food at the time. Entire aisles were missing as they were in pieces. Managed to find the tortilla chips though.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

I assume it’s a lovely web skin over the AS/400 mainframe they installed in the ‘80s. The thing fucks up in load balancing, displaying prices, and logging me out always

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Went to the Co today and had to yell "EXCUSE ME" at two boomer women who were blocking the entrance to the cooler aisle with the soup. Then went to the checkout and had someone get in line behind me and walk up right on me as i was about to get called into the checkout, make direct eye contact with me, and get within two feet of me. I yelled at him too, then the checkout clerk had to tell him three times to start putting his stuff on the belt.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Had a return on one of those flat panel LED 'Skylight' lamps which look pretty dang good, and have the sunlight temperature, but the bastard burned out a month in. Waited till today to actually return it. I asked the woman if they had any drama since masks are required now, said that today (it was around 2pm) was the first day they hadn't had any membership cancellations. Went on to talk about the vast majority of the cancellations being executive members who say something to the effect of 'will not shop somewhere that requires THEM wear masks'. She rolled her eyes as she said that. "They are voting with their wallet, but they'll be back. Just because we're the first to require masks doesn't mean we will be the only ones." We laughed about how entitled people can be, then I renewed my executive membership since it was that time anyway. lmao at the angry boomers thinking anyone gives a hot gently caress about their feelings, goddam. Costco certainly doesn't care. They had a couple people in front of the entrance announcing that masks ARE required. They were handing them out too and still had some left. Today was the first time I've seen toilet paper and bleach, the third time I've been here since the lockdown.

This is in Sarasota, Florida which might as well be the west coast Florida version of wherever trumps golf course is on the east coast, Mar Largo or something?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hed posted:

I assume it’s a lovely web skin over the AS/400 mainframe they installed in the ‘80s. The thing fucks up in load balancing, displaying prices, and logging me out always

I'm so close to replying...
Anyways, I can say that even in this environment, there are multiple openings in Costco Ecom support and QA. Both management and analyst.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I cant see if I wear a mask, it fogs up my spectacles

This is from a few pages back but if your glasses fog you should use a better fitting mask. Your breath isn’t going straight up through big gaps when it should be going through the mask material.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/glasses-fog-wearing-mask-coronavirus.html

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Meydey posted:

I'm so close to replying...
Anyways, I can say that even in this environment, there are multiple openings in Costco Ecom support and QA. Both management and analyst.

How about website redesign/backend?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Orvin posted:

Not exactly what you are asking for but O had good experiences with using their email contact system for an online order that I had issues with. This was pre pandemic though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Alright so I went tonight at around 7pm. First day they returned to normal hours. Best. Costco. Experience. Ever.

Maybe two dozen people in the entire store, pretty much everything in supply other than TP and disinfectant wipes, but I'm already stocked with those.

A few photos:

Cool sign!

King crab legs by the box!

They still got some!

Snagged these bad boys. Look at that marbling for choice grade BEEF. :wow:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

pnumoman posted:

Wow, so Costco made the business center near me into an online fulfillment only location starting today. Wish their crappy site would have said anything of the sort, but it just removed the location this morning and gave no indication last night. Thanks Costco for making me wake up and get there before 7 am for no reason. How loving hard would it have been to say something online?

This is the business center in Hackensack, NJ btw.
Weird they named your city after what I do for a living

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Anyone had bfree gluten free bread products?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

urology?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Wankton or Wanktown?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

schreibs posted:

How about website redesign/backend?

Not sure of the exact positions but the management open positions have essentially doubled. Pretty sure they are expanding top down.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Forgot to mention our local Costco's meat: They sill had PRIME New York Strip but it was up a grand total of one dollar since I had been there, at 11.49 a pound vs the 10.49 from before. Limits of 3 'meats' per account.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I went today and the only things unavailable were hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes, even TP was plentiful! Loaded uuuuuuup, got the chicken taco kit thing for lunch and it rules as usual.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone see a 1 limit item for fresh meat now? Costco is pushing the masks required policy and I saw the signs earlier about limiting the purchases but nothing major yet.

Lots of people there in groups of 3-4 loading up the cats with all the meat they could, claiming they each all had memberships and workers just staring at them asking why they want to take all meat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They had a limit 1 for canned chicken but the pallet was still head high this evening. I would have just gotten a second 6 pack if I could. One can is perfect for chicken salad for lunches.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Anyone had bfree gluten free bread products?

I have celiac, they are still one of the best frozen GF breads I've found. Unfortunately they stopped carrying the gigantic loaves in my Costco about a year ago and refuse to bring it back. Get it while you can!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
has costco ever sold yeast? I went to the Restaurant Depot near me and they had flour aplenty but no yeast, apparently a supply chain problem

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, they sell it in 2lb bags.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That shapely woman busted you pretty hard.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Cowslips Warren posted:

Costco knows to protect us from too much of a good thing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alan Smithee posted:

has costco ever sold yeast? I went to the Restaurant Depot near me and they had flour aplenty but no yeast, apparently a supply chain problem

The big problem is the packaging apparently, the containers are made in India and China and their lockdowns mucked up a couple shipments, I read that someplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Zombie Dachshund posted:

But they were also out of a bunch of standard Kirkland products: 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes

That doesn't surprise me, tomatoes go in everything and they keep. Even in normal times I'd pick a couple of flats' worth every trip (whole canned not diced though for preference).