Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Alan Smithee posted:

Denis Leary: “I WANT ALL SECTIONS TO BE SMOKING SECTIONS. I WANT TO BRING BACK CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN SCHOOLS. IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS VEGGIE MEAT PATTIES. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO JACK OFF IN FRONT OF SOME GIRLS WHO CAME TO MY ROOM”

I didn't know he was just like Louis CK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

One Perfect Shot used to post really good screenshots of movies, lots of different movies. Then it became so generic after the buyout. I noticed a severe dip in quality before knowing it got bought out.

Who bought them?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Film School Rejects

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

There is still his missing daughter, plus they could just have her be frozen for a long time so any actress any age is a potential co star

The daughter subplot feels like it came from an earlier draft of the script since it does nothing for the story and has no conclusion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tom Cruise wants to make a movie in actual goddamn space.
https://deadline.com/2020/05/tom-cruise-movie-shot-in-outer-space-elon-musk-spacex-unprecedented-in-hollywood-1202925849/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

muscles like this! posted:

The daughter subplot feels like it came from an earlier draft of the script since it does nothing for the story and has no conclusion.

I’d be more interested in a Upgrayyed subplot for Idiocracy 2

Does he ever get his money?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

When there are no more stunts to do yourself on Earth, you've gotta do something

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Scientology propaganda that comes out of the footage of Tom Cruise zipping around up there is going to be fantastic.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Unless he dies

But let’s be honest, Tom cruise is going to be made a posthumous CG Star by Scientology before James dean

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Tom Cruise is already like 51% CGI, logically he should be able to survive the death of the remaining 49%.

Real Talk though, if someone ever figures out how to make a 100% believably human voice generation program then that is the loving death of actors. Why bother to pay anyone when we own your CGI likeness and can get Hatsune Miku to do your voiceover.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mission Impossible X

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Film School Rejects

Well no wonder they didn't graduate

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
looking at the One Perfect Shot account now for the first time in a while, I'm mostly surprised by the number of gifs. Like, is it really, perfect shot if you can't pull a single frame from there that's worth using?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wanna see Tom Cruise running in space.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Codependent Poster posted:

I wanna see Tom Cruise running riding a motorcycle in space.

FTFY

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Tom Cruise doing all the stunts in Gravity for real but they are only the halfway point stunts in Mission Impossible 13 as later they blow up Mars

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Lmao I don’t think SpaceX is even cleared for manned launches yet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

This just gave me such a loving headache. There are already like three documentaries about this on different streaming services and now a biopic as though somehow there's anything left of the story to tell.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Lmao I don’t think SpaceX is even cleared for manned launches yet.

Tom Cruise is going to get it there to do his stunts

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This just gave me such a loving headache. There are already like three documentaries about this on different streaming services and now a biopic as though somehow there's anything left of the story to tell.

Wait until they announce the Deep Impact/Volcano to this Armageddon/Dante's Peak, starring *spins casting wheel* Benedict Cumberbatch.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Since Cage never says no, I feel like announcing he's signed on to something means nothing.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tars Tarkas posted:

It was one of the biggest film twitter accounts that just did nothing but post screencaps then they were bought by FilmSchoolRejects and started pumping out self-important essays as well. I've had them blocked for years. There's a pretty good parody account active now (there used to be another one but I think it died)

I think the moment I realized OPS sucked was when the Force Awakens trailer dropped and they spent a day posting shots from the trailer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IMO the best Tom Cruise performance is in that trailer for The Mummy that was accidentally released without music or dialogue, but you get to hear all of the sound effects in a vacuum

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/1257339271591198722

I still don't know if that account is a parody by now or they are just that far up their own rear end.

lol they actually made Rey Palpatine's daughter haha

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Shageletic posted:

lol they actually made Rey Palpatine's daughter haha

In a movie full of bad choices that was the worst, mostly for putting the idea of Palpatine loving out into the world.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ChickenMedium posted:

In a movie full of bad choices that was the worst, mostly for putting the idea of Palpatine loving out into the world.

I don't know why you doubted he hosed

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Isn't Anakin Palpatine's son too? I thought that was the whole point of the space opera "Tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise" scene. Star Wars is a family affair. That's part of it's thing.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't know why you doubted he hosed

Sheev fucks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

iirc palpy had a clone? and that clone son was a failson (in sith terms) who hosed and had rey

idk i've blocked most of Rise out already tbh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

iirc palpy had a clone? and that clone son was a failson (in sith terms) who hosed and had rey

idk i've blocked most of Rise out already tbh

That wasn't in the movie, that was what Lucasfilm put out after because too many people were making "Sheev fucks" jokes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gatts posted:

Isn't Anakin Palpatine's son too? I thought that was the whole point of the space opera "Tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise" scene. Star Wars is a family affair. That's part of it's thing.

Despite the really obvious visual imagery of the sperm going in the egg thing when he's telling the story, everyone at Lucasfilm has denied it being the case. :shrug:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gatts posted:

So Rey and Ren are cousins? Did George RR Martin ghostwrite some of the new trilogy?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

He does that cackle the whole time and you absolutely do not want to meet the woman that was into that.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

ChickenMedium posted:

Of course he hosed! You don't bother becoming galactic emperor if you don't get to gently caress!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

Despite the really obvious visual imagery of the sperm going in the egg thing when he's telling the story, everyone at Lucasfilm has denied it being the case. :shrug:

All the birth symbolism is meant to drive home that Anakin feels guilty for impregnating his wife, what with his marriage being verboten and his prophesying her death during childbirth and all.

The read that Palpatine is secretly confessing to being Anakin's father or whatever also misses the point he's trying to make with the story. He's comparing the Jedi Order with Plageuis, and suggesting that Anakin would be in the right to turn against them. It's only after Anakin asks if magic keeping-people-alive-powers are real that Sheevy switches gears.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

This bullshit in all media that everyone is connected and gosh the hero who started has a nobody is actually the secret nephew of previous hero is some reactionary monarchist bullshit.
Not only is the hero special, his entire bloodline to the 10th generation is special.its escapism fantasy for failsons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

May the 5th episode be with you (Empire Strikes Back, AKA the best in the series, no I will not be taking any questions about this)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ewoks own and are the true praxis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1257803530955485184?s=20