Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

General Dog posted:

Why did Dooku not have yellow eyes?

Not as powerful, not as evil, something like that. Kylo Ren didn’t have the sith eyes either. I don’t think Dooku was ever really a sith. He had the Darth Tyrannus title but never used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Probably because while he's a Sith, he hasn't been corrupted by the Dark Side or let it consume him like it did to Palpatine and Vader

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Ingmar terdman posted:

This made me look up whether vader had the gold arm from episode 2 in the suit and

Vader loses his arm as often as Anakin lost his lightsaber :laffo:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The reason Vader wears a cape is because it hides the array of spare arms he's lugging around on his back

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Well Manicured Man posted:

Vader loses his arm as often as Anakin lost his lightsaber :laffo:

It rhymes, it's like poetry

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Tomtrek posted:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1257339618099441664

Looking forward to see who they'll replace him with after they fire him for making a film that's too comedic!

Here's hoping it's a buddy cop thing with the Jason Sudeikis / Adam Pally stormtroopers.

Cheesus posted:

Or is he?

No eyebrows at the end of ROTS and none during the ROTJ unmasking.

But big bushy eyebrow during his fight with Ahsoka Tano in Rebels?

Uhh...

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

One of the changes for the Special Edition was digitally removing Anakin's eyebrows.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/AlexDrastal/status/1257358191484121091?s=19

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

EmPalSuRecon Center just making batches of vader arms (right)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

gently caress, I kinda want that as my avatar now...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

General Dog posted:

Sheev doesn't either until he force lightnings himself.

The first time.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

General Dog posted:

He's a good guy.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

porfiria posted:

He's a good guy.

Heroes on both sides.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The yellow eyes seem to correspond to how strongly someone is channeling the dark side. Palpatine loving loves the dark side, so as soon as he comes out of the closet it's all yellow eyes all the time. Anakin uses the dark side reluctantly so the only real yellow eyes you see are during/after the massacre on Mustafar when his negative emotions are at their peak, and then after the fight with Obi-Wan where his rage and hatred letting the dark side in is probably the only thing keeping him alive. Dooku doesn't seem to be very intense emotionally and he doesn't expend an awful lot of power, so I'd guess he doesnt get yellow eyes because he isn't using the dark side enough to bring them out. He might also be consciously avoiding the dark side, because he's kind of a double agent

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This fanfilm from 99 is essentially rogue one and solo combined except good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9Mgh3Bgfk

Sheev and Dooku are politicians hth

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Was Count Dooku mentioned in anything before Attack of the Clones?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Tomtrek posted:

One of the changes for the Special Edition was digitally removing Anakin's eyebrows.

I understand this.

I also acknowledge it as unofficial vandalism.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZiaRecords/status/1257406611343028226?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Pictured: fear leading to anger

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe Dooku just wore contacts to hide the yellow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dooku was an inside man who got in too deep. He was never full Sith. More like, Viggo Mortensen in Eastern Promises or something.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He’s like Laurence Fishbourne in Deep Cover.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Haven't read this thread in months. Coming back to see wtf everyone is talking about regarding film announcements. Skimming the thread since I last read it, looks like nothing has changed thankfully...

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Now, I am not arguing that Leia's tactics are unrealistic; I'm arguing that Leia is unstable.

SMG outs himself as an incel.

She insists that he come back to her. It seems like she's desperate for people to need her.

And then he was projecting hard.

Horizon Burning posted:

Why do TLJ Defenders consistently lie about the film? Every single bomber is destroyed in the attack. The whole point is that Rose's sister is on the last one and manages to destroy the Dreadnaught.

lol of course, it's the TLJ defenders that have a weird complex and choose to lie about their favorite film of the ST (why would that be your first assumption you weirdo wtf). There's simply no way that anyone who enjoyed TLJ could make an honest mistake for a film they haven't 100% committed to memory.

Polo-Rican posted:

Ah you're right. I was remembering the shot where Leia looks at the panel and sees that most (not all) of their ships had been lost; but i didn't notice that all of the surviving ships weren't bombers

oh drat whoops I bet that other guy feels like an rear end in a top hat now?

nahhh

Perhaps the biggest question in all the ST is how Leia’s getting this much wild, uncritical devotion.

oh god damnit... just like HSV, you'll never go away...

It's almost like she's being treated like a war hero or something. Surely there are no examples of this happening in real life. I've never heard of a warrior hero being given the benefit of the doubt even when making dubious claims. Certainly not in front of the UN Security Council.

Responding to these types of argument point-by-point is, well, pointless. If you’re looking at the scenes where everyone’s back at base, hugging and browsing maps, etc. - while the enemy forces are quickly closing in - and you see nothing odd about that behaviour, something is wrong with your methodology.

The problem is, as others have pointed out, you make poo poo up outside of the film in order to justify or criticize what you want. In other words, you make strong assumptions which aren't clarified by the story at all, but because they are your strong assumptions they must be correct, and those that others make must be inherently wrong or flawed. This is a common trait in those with Asperger syndrome, particularly the onset of anger or rage when others disagree or dismiss what's being said.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I watched rise of skywalker because it went on Disney. Woof. What a howler.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Gonz posted:

The TROS novelization also reveals that Palpatine transferred his consciousness into the clone on Exogol as he was falling down the Death Star shaft, and the reason he’s even crustier was because his clone body wasn’t quite ready, yet.

Too bad they didn't put this in the movie so it literally doesn't matter.

gj JJ

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Man, Ice Pirates just does not hold up. It's a comedy that's just not funny and Robert Urich has no charisma in it.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Love how 7 and 9 just have zero interest in explaining why the empire is back and powerful (FO and the...Sith Eternal I guess). ROS was never at risk of being a crummy remake of ROTJ it was always going to be a crummy remake of TFA

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

Dooku was an inside man who got in too deep. He was never full Sith. More like, Viggo Mortensen in Eastern Promises or something.

He really liked his job though, since it meant clowning on fools four times younger than he was

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

You taking SMG's posts this seriously is hilarious to me. The goose can't hurt you if you don't let him.

Also his posts are great, if you treat them like a literary studies paper.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

gj JJ

a shot by shot remake of the opening of the Two Towers except its Sheev falling and the balrog is the millenium falcon

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I was all prepared to write a response to the wall of text, but he’s just calling me a queer for criticizing decorated war hero Leia Organa. Lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

gj JJ

To be fair, it also wouldn't have mattered if they did put it in the movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

He really liked his job though, since it meant clowning on fools four times younger than he was

Dooku 100% gets off on seeing who has the better lightsaber skills. Don't have to be a Sith to do that.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Yeah dooku in AOTC and kylo in TFA are really the two times where someone is just stoked to a sparring partner at first

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy gently caress lmfao

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.