Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oldpainless posted:

Uh oh someone from a tiny little state spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
The United States should fully Balkanize, it’s people all hate each other and are so culturally different that it would be better for everyone. It would also reduce the US’s overall influence and position in the world, which would be an objectively good thing.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
:d2a:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

The United States should fully Balkanize, it’s people all hate each other and are so culturally different that it would be better for everyone. It would also reduce the US’s overall influence and position in the world, which would be an objectively good thing.

I’m down if we disarm the nukes first.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Monkey posted:

I’m down if we disarm the nukes first.

I'm betting a surprising number of those don't even work anymore.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s already known Texas is a red state

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Only people from Connecticut would be this arrogant.

Lol no one from Connecticut wants more New Yorkers in the state, tyvm. The ones who end up here (overwhelmingly in Fairfield County) are like joke stereotypes of rich city folks.

My unpopular opinion: Musselman's applesauce is better than Mott's in literally every way. lovely Mott's is only popular because they do more advertising.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I'm betting a surprising number of those don't even work anymore.

As a native Texan, I don’t want Greg Abbott anywhere close to even a single half functional nuke.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Seems like a half functional nuke would be perfect for him

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I'm sure she's a lovely person and she's just making a living but I am really tired of Tara Strong's one voice being in absolutely everything.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

I'm sure she's a lovely person and she's just making a living but I am really tired of Tara Strong's one voice being in absolutely everything.

This is me with Tress Macneille. She does the same voice for every character.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Same but Werner Herzog, dude’s in everything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I hate how commercialized May the Fourth has become.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I hate how commercialized May the Fourth has become.

It's a shame how we've forgotten the true meaning of Star Trek Day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All plastic packaging should have a deposit.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Corn tortillas aren't that good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like how most Star Wars fans are so burnt the gently caress out on the franchise that the only people I ever see making "May the Fourth" jokes are people who will happily admit "I've never seen a Star Wars" like they're causally just chucking grenades into the room but not saying which one had the pin pulled.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Leavemywife posted:

Theyre great if you get them fresh. But otherwise yes flour tortillas are superior

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Leavemywife posted:

If someone could make a corn tortilla with the integrity of a flour tortilla, they would rule the world.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Homemade corn tortillas kick every other meat/cheese containment system's rear end. Make some tortillas at home, ya jabronis.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
PHUO: tortillas are largely unnecessary in a world where bowls exist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mexican food just isn't very good. "Jalapeño" is not a flavor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pick posted:

Mexican food just isn't very good. "Jalapeño" is not a flavor.

What? Jalapeno absolutely has a distinct flavor. And most Mexican dishes don't even use jalapenos.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Straight White Shark posted:

:chaostrump:

You can get 30(?) packs of soft corn tortillas and then fry them up to soften them and they make amazing tacos. Hard corn is just wretched oversized chips.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

:chaostrump:

You can get 30(?) packs of soft corn tortillas and then fry them up to soften them and they make amazing tacos. Hard corn is just wretched oversized chips.

I thought that was the idea of a taco in the first place?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Straight White Shark posted:

Actually bowls are largely unnecessary in a world in which almost all food can be wrapped up in bread.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
You need bowls for soup.

Speaking of bread, french toast is underrated. Everyone's all about pancakes but they're the least of the breakfast carbs. Waffles are second.

I'd eat any of them rn if i could though, not going to lie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Telemaze posted:

You need bowls for soup.
I said "largely unnecessary" and "almost all food".

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well if you got bowls anyway you might as well use them for other stuff too. (And use the bread for french toast.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Homemade corn tortillas kick every other meat/cheese containment system's rear end. Make some tortillas at home, ya jabronis.

The greatest meat/cheese containment system is...

me!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Telemaze posted:

You need bowls for soup.

Speaking of bread, french toast is underrated. Everyone's all about pancakes but they're the least of the breakfast carbs. Waffles are second.

I'd eat any of them rn if i could though, not going to lie.

bread bowl

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why do Anglos call poor knights French toast?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why do Anglos call poor knights French toast?

Whoa now, I'm an English-speaker but I ain't no Anglo. Also everyone should call them them pain perdu because "lost bread" is a great name.

Elfgames posted:

bread bowl

I've heard of them but never tried one. Do they get grossly soggy? Do you eat it after the soup is gone? I have so many questions.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"mac and cheese" is a loving ridiculous dish that only anglos eat and the mentality that created it is why the anglophone world is on its last legs

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Describe to me in detail what makes mac and cheese appreciably different from Instant Ramen

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

"mac and cheese" is a loving ridiculous dish that only anglos eat and the mentality that created it is why the anglophone world is on its last legs

Agreed which is why I switched to vegan Mac and cheese

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Describe to me in detail what makes mac and cheese appreciably different from Instant Ramen

Lmao

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

Whereas käsespätzle and carbonara are elegant dishes for the refined palettes of non-English speakers.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Telemaze posted:

I've heard of them but never tried one. Do they get grossly soggy? Do you eat it after the soup is gone? I have so many questions.

Go get a broccoli cheddar bread bowl from Panera sometime.

The outside is tough so the only thing that gets soggy is the warm bread on the inside, which you scoop out and eat once it absorbs the soup. It’s really good. You can eat the whole bowl once the soup is gone. It’s really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

mind the walrus posted:

The cheese! And the mac