Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
The car from Peel Out Summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Simon Hanselman has started a new series with his characters called Crisis Zone that is following them through quarantine that has some achewood vibes on her instagram (starting here): https://www.instagram.com/p/B9sB-C3hQ_X/?igshid=s2o5k21ihm9i

Really makes me wish Onstad would come back and do something similar with Achewood

I just caught up on the last couple days of this and absolutely lost my poo poo at Werewolf Jones doing a funeral for the thongs in a thong with a tiny priest collar and reading out of a Victoria's Secret.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I love Hanselmann and I would never have come across those on my own, thank you so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah just worked my way through all of these and they're fantastic.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I'm on Instagram just to read those. I'm a huge fan of Hanselmann and recommend Megg, Mogg, and Owl to any Achewood fan with the caveat that all of their stuff is dark and nihilistic as gently caress, might be a bit much for some people.

robot roll call fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 20, 2020

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Megg, Mogg, and Owl are what happens when you grow up in and never escape from Circumstances.

Well Megg is, Mogg is an worthless trust fund kid too lazy to escape and Owl is an rear end in a top hat entitled nerd too hung up on Megg to leave (until he does).

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Owl is a Pat for our times and also a Teodor for our times.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:rip: WWJ

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
The scariest thing is the idea that Werewolf Jones has sole custody.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Moe_Rahn posted:

The scariest thing is the idea that Werewolf Jones has sole custody.

not any more :v:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Owl is unusually sympathetic in this iteration, then he has the dream where he imagines being part of the Crane family but they're racist and he finds this comforting, and that puts him back in his proper context.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I LIKE MY BUGGERY... HASTILY DOCUMENTED

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have been going through a lot of hot sauce while in quarantine and it set me to wondering if anyone still has a bottle of this stuff way at the back of their pantry:

I knew a ton of Achewood fans online while the strip was a going concern, but I never spoke to a single person that had bought and tried this.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I had it, it was ok.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I got a bottle but it was like 15 years ago

I remember it being okay, made some buffalo wings with it, but these days I'd probably just use a $1 bottle of Valentina and garlic

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

tha_snazzle: i never had the hot sauc yet

tha_snazzle: you

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
I still keep a bottle (Never opened) of it on my desk at work, nestled among my other tchotchkes.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have been going through a lot of hot sauce while in quarantine and it set me to wondering if anyone still has a bottle of this stuff way at the back of their pantry:

I knew a ton of Achewood fans online while the strip was a going concern, but I never spoke to a single person that had bought and tried this.

I did

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I'll be danged.

Also, yeah, Valentina Black Label is the truth.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I had the hot sauce, it was pretty ok.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/hels/status/1256969944115417090

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Speaking of hot sauce, one of my all-time favorite strips is Mouth Mace.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Speaking of hot sauce, one of my all-time favorite strips is Mouth Mace.

Yard Dancer

One thread that runs through Achewood that I particularly enjoy is Onstad's understanding of the motives and aesthetics of Trashy People.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Yard Dancer

One thread that runs through Achewood that I particularly enjoy is Onstad's understanding of the motives and aesthetics of Trashy People.

"If your German Shepard is named Yard Dancer, I think we owe each other apologies."

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

I'm the "Go Vegan!" label on a product that would be vegan anyway

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

There was some kind of "chef's package" that included the Cookbook, the Téodor apron, and a bottle of Ray's Rad Chilies--otherwise, I wouldn't have bought the sauce on its own! It was a perfectly fine hot sauce, tho.

Kinda wish I had kept the bottle as a memento, since the shop shut down not TOO long after I bought it. Still will forever regret not picking up the Achewasser/Stammtisch pint glass while I had the chance, to round out my Achewood pint collection. :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Scotch Eggs and Milanese Pork Chops are like a regular part of my quarantine diet

No I'm not fat you're fat shut up

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Dayum that is some spicy horseradish

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

The Scotch Eggs and Milanese Pork Chops are like a regular part of my quarantine diet

No I'm not fat you're fat shut up

I've made the oven fries recipe twice and while I'm not convinced it truly needs to many temperature changes etc., it's still very easy and the results are pretty good. I like to dip them in a curry powder + mayo mix.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I've never had the crisps but I want to just note that Vegan Rob's Cauliflower Puffs kick rear end, and you shouldn't judge a book by how much the cover looks like Pat made it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

But what if the building's on fire? Don't be a hero!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i like the scene where cornelius interrupts the commodore sex act by using the leaf blower. thats happened to me several times

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I still say “The Commodore” was just some form of Ray getting his rear end ate. Maybe some prostate milking was involved.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You can have a lot of fun with an Empire Voice Donut.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

How Wonderful! posted:

I've never had the crisps but I want to just note that Vegan Rob's Cauliflower Puffs kick rear end, and you shouldn't judge a book by how much the cover looks like Pat made it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is in the top ten baffling probations compilation at the end of the hot tub brawls video.

(I’m guessing based on the rap sheet it’s from a gassed thread but drat if it didn’t throw me for a loop)

You can have a lot of fun with an Empire Voice Donut.

That whole arc has so much fantastic stuff in it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Patattack posted:

There was some kind of "chef's package" that included the Cookbook, the Téodor apron, and a bottle of Ray's Rad Chilies--otherwise, I wouldn't have bought the sauce on its own! It was a perfectly fine hot sauce, tho.

Kinda wish I had kept the bottle as a memento, since the shop shut down not TOO long after I bought it. Still will forever regret not picking up the Achewasser/Stammtisch pint glass while I had the chance, to round out my Achewood pint collection. :(
I got the cookbook and Rad Chilies, but not an apron and now I'm sad.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

This is in the top ten baffling probations compilation at the end of the hot tub brawls video.

(I’m guessing based on the rap sheet it’s from a gassed thread but drat if it didn’t throw me for a loop)

I don't think mod self-probies have to happen to the post they're actually probating themselves for

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
My mom threw out my apron because she thought it looked "fruity"

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

CannonFodder posted:

I got the cookbook and Rad Chilies, but not an apron and now I'm sad.

I've got the apron hanging in my closet, the Rad Chiles in my pantry (I had been saving it, but my wife opened it at some point not knowing that), and I did have the cookbook but I have no idea where that wound up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phy posted:

I don't think mod self-probies have to happen to the post they're actually probating themselves for

You can do whatever you want in life.