Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah it's one of the more popular conspiracy theories, JFK wants out of Vietnam, CIA wants to stay since they had spent the last 5-6 years blowing money on building airstrips in Vietnam to support the opium/heroin operations in Asia, LBJ is cool with the war since he and and his wife own millions in defense contract stock.

I thought it was retaliation for JFK denying Project Northwoods to the joint chiefs of staff

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Does anyone have the meme about calling grocery workers heroes is just preparing us for their unnecessary death? I can't seem to find it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Trevor Hale posted:

Does anyone have the meme about calling grocery workers heroes is just preparing us for their unnecessary death? I can't seem to find it.

Not in meme form but that was An Observation on one of the post-quarantine episodes of the dollop.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Volcott posted:

Not in meme form but that was An Observation on one of the post-quarantine episodes of the dollop.

Jesus, has it gotten to the point where I convert memories to memes?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Trevor Hale posted:

Memeories are a common side effect of terminal onlineitis.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trevor Hale posted:

I mean a memory is basically a meme in the academic sense. If you share and spread it, and others repeat it, it propagates.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

it exists, I have it, but gently caress if I'm going to mine my huge rear end folder for it rn. I'll try later tho, so at least there is hope

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

it exists, I have it, but gently caress if I'm going to mine my huge rear end folder for it rn. I'll try later tho, so at least there is hope

*reads your post, converts your post to image of CGI Leia saying "hope"*

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

memento mori
May 4, 2008

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh god is gamesmaster anthony dead? always the loving meme thread

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Someone please explain to me why Tri-Klops turns his head to Mer-Man when he's already got an eye facing him directly.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

burexas.irom posted:

Someone please explain to me why Tri-Klops turns his head to Mer-Man when he's already got an eye facing him directly.

his optical nerves are at the front

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Trevor Hale posted:

This one?

Bonus:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wizzardstaff posted:

This one?

Bonus:

Oof, right in my heart. You wouldn't believe the bullshit the hospitals are up to during all this.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The Scoville scale cannot provide a number on that spiciness. :discourse:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Shout-out to the medical personnel being fired during a loving pandemic.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I only have a job right now because of my performance numbers. A huge number of people are furloughed right now, not getting paid, AND not having their health insurance covered in the meantime. My hospital is literally mailing them a huge bill if they want to keep their health insurance. Those few of us here working directly with covid patients are working as a skeleton crew to maximize profits while wearing and rewearing PPE that is bad enough to cause PTSD. People keep having nightmares and getting poor rest between grueling shifts. Not like the PPE is fully effective anyway since it is being reused to the extreme. The smell of the material gags me now and lingers in my nose for days after I finish working.

I guess this would go in the schadenfreude thread if anyone would be able to laugh about it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Volcott posted:

Wow I can't believe the dollop is stealing other people's insights and passing them off as their own without credit, this has literally never happened before.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

freeedr posted:

I only have a job right now because of my performance numbers. A huge number of people are furloughed right now, not getting paid, AND not having their health insurance covered in the meantime. My hospital is literally mailing them a huge bill if they want to keep their health insurance. Those few of us here working directly with covid patients are working as a skeleton crew to maximize profits while wearing and rewearing PPE that is bad enough to cause PTSD. People keep having nightmares and getting poor rest between grueling shifts. Not like the PPE is fully effective anyway since it is being reused to the extreme. The smell of the material gags me now and lingers in my nose for days after I finish working.

I guess this would go in the schadenfreude thread if anyone would be able to laugh about it

Not laughing...I'm glad I was already out of the hospital when all this hit, I almost took a full time position at UTMB a year ago, decided to go home-health. My gf's hospital actively denied allowing people to wear masks until after everything had already ramped up, and done a bunch of other massive blunders along the way making it a legit vector for community spreading. They also have been loving people out of disaster pay one way or another (another day at HCA). I heard from people at the hospital I first worked at, who said PRN staff and techs were largely laid off weeks before lockdown, which is insane, during hurricanes they love forcing people to be stuck in the hospital, now all the sudden it's get hosed.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

Wow I can't believe the dollop is stealing other people's insights and passing them off as their own without credit, this has literally never happened before.

Lol. Who cares?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

its always loss

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not laughing...I'm glad I was already out of the hospital when all this hit, I almost took a full time position at UTMB a year ago, decided to go home-health. My gf's hospital actively denied allowing people to wear masks until after everything had already ramped up, and done a bunch of other massive blunders along the way making it a legit vector for community spreading. They also have been loving people out of disaster pay one way or another (another day at HCA). I heard from people at the hospital I first worked at, who said PRN staff and techs were largely laid off weeks before lockdown, which is insane, during hurricanes they love forcing people to be stuck in the hospital, now all the sudden it's get hosed.

We have no hazard pay and the corporation that bought us is currently continuing their efforts to drive wages even further below market. There soon won’t be a place for those of us with long-term experience at all, because we will expect something close to reasonable pay. If I moved to the next big city I would get an instant 40% raise minimum, so all the quality employees are starting to do that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
So which of those "grimes standing in front of a blackboard with baby names" memes got it the closest?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

Breton memes. Truly the Internet is a place where anything at all might be found.

There's even more obscure out there.

In Cornish. English on the left, Norwegian, German, Latin, French and Greek on the right. The guy in the middle saying "What in the fuckin' world is this?"

Also, there's a whole thriving meme community in Breton, lots of which are leftist, separatist meme pages because of course they are.

When you're trying to sleep at the Bro Pagan Festival but the people next door are singing the Marching Song of the Breton Revolutionary Army

Yeah I'd like an independent Brittany
Decentralise
Hmmmm
Destroy capitalism

When your coworkers friend you on Facebook and look at your profile
Me: I can explain

I promise I won't get all political (an ironically bad translation in Breton)
Me after three glasses of mead

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

This one?

Bonus:

Thank you kindly!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

"And that's how my monkey paw wish ended with me having my house cleaned by topless Horus"

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

canyoneer posted:

"And that's how my monkey paw wish ended with me having my house cleaned by topless Horus"

The monkey's paw does bad stuff; who wouldn't want a barely-dressed jacked Egyptian god hanging around?

Also that's Ra. The big sun on his head you see. Horus is similar but wears the crown of Egypt.

Resting Lich Face has a new favorite as of 21:38 on May 5, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He is the sun god, sure is a fun god, Ra! Ra! Ra!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I hate these posts becasue I have to select all this poo poo manually so please keep it to one a post please and thank you :)

doandroidzdream
Apr 27, 2019

Phy posted:

He is the sun god, sure is a fun god, Ra! Ra! Ra!

:dance:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

Check then end of the hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Soviet Commubot posted:

There's even more obscure out there.

In Cornish. English on the left, Norwegian, German, Latin, French and Greek on the right. The guy in the middle saying "What in the fuckin' world is this?"

Also, there's a whole thriving meme community in Breton, lots of which are leftist, separatist meme pages because of course they are.

When you're trying to sleep at the Bro Pagan Festival but the people next door are singing the Marching Song of the Breton Revolutionary Army

Yeah I'd like an independent Brittany
Decentralise
Hmmmm
Destroy capitalism

When your coworkers friend you on Facebook and look at your profile
Me: I can explain

I promise I won't get all political (an ironically bad translation in Breton)
Me after three glasses of mead

very good