Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MassRafTer posted:

Souled Out and Road Wild were both Saturday shows.

The first few royal rumbles were the night before the super bowl right. Or were they always on the by week?

I was watching a lead up show to battlebowl 93 and it starts at 830 on a Saturday night in Florida. Like all I can think is the 830 has to have something to do with college football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1257326075442536448

The greatest seller :rip:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The American Dream posted:

Remember when wwe had that very petty basketball themed main event on raw 10 years ago and the heel team wore Denver nuggets jerseys?
Yeah, in like May of 2009 RAW was scheduled at the Pepsi Center on the same night the Nuggets were hosting a playoff game, and the Nuggets got dibs.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Better Than You posted:

Yeah, in like May of 2009 RAW was scheduled at the Pepsi Center on the same night the Nuggets were hosting a playoff game, and the Nuggets got dibs.

half the Raw after was just Vince making GBS threads on Stan Kroenke (and this was, oh, six or seven years before he'd be able to pop a house in St Louis simply by making GBS threads on Kroenke), was it not?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought that happened in the beginning of the show and the six-man tag with the heels in Nuggets jerseys was the main. He even brought out a Kroenke lookalike.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That Nuggets thing resulted in Mr Kennedy getting fired iirc

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The E stands for... Enos! You're an Enos!!! Eeeeeeeeeenos!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

That Nuggets thing resulted in Mr Kennedy getting fired iirc

Kennedy got fired for constantly putting people in danger with his lovely, unsafe ring work. Orton, Cena, HBK and Trips all complained about it to Vince.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The American Dream posted:

The first few royal rumbles were the night before the super bowl right. Or were they always on the by week?

I was watching a lead up show to battlebowl 93 and it starts at 830 on a Saturday night in Florida. Like all I can think is the 830 has to have something to do with college football.

The first four Survivor Series were held on Thanksgiving Day, and the next four were held the night before. I think '95 is when they went to Sundays.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The E stands for... Enos! You're an Enos!!! Eeeeeeeeeenos!

I wasn't watching at the time and a few months ago saw a clip of Vince McMahon screaming "YOU'RE AN ANUS!" at some guy in a wig and I couldn't figure out what the gently caress was going on.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Randaconda posted:

Kennedy got fired for constantly putting people in danger with his lovely, unsafe ring work. Orton, Cena, HBK and Trips all complained about it to Vince.

True but I remember reading the mood Vince was in was that somebody was going to get canned and Kennedy dropped Orton on his shoulder that week so it was a perfect storm.

Fake edit: what were Kennedy's other gently caress ups with the other guys?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What would you do to satisfy Big Sexy Kevin Nash??
what would you do to satisfy masahiro chono?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lol this is awesome

And yeah Kennedy was just a really awkward, unsafe worker. He and RVD had some hysterical matches in TNA and it's a wonder how they managed not to kill one another.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

none of his botches were better than his inability to look intimidated by Tito Ortiz

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Endorph posted:

what would you do to satisfy masahiro chono?

Whatever it takes!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

what is your best feature?

mumble mumble feet

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1108040244870316033

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Perry Saturn is a figure who still to this day I find it hard to believe actually exists, everything about him is completely absurd.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in my 20s I really aspired to the whole "did perry saturn amounts of drugs and woke up with visible tattoos I don't remember getting"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

coconono posted:

in my 20s I really aspired to the whole "did perry saturn amounts of drugs and woke up with visible tattoos I don't remember getting"

im still aspiring to it

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Alaois posted:

Perry Saturn is a figure who still to this day I find it hard to believe actually exists, everything about him is completely absurd.

My ex’s family was friends with Saturn when he was in wcw. His office was in the same complex the gym a bunch of wrestlers worked out at.

Like Saturn would take them backstage at shows in Atlanta and I saw pictures of him and lex having dinner with the family at their house.

They knew he was missing and I guess were very relieved when I had her pass along that he was alive and working at a garage door factory in Minnesota.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

This one's like a summer guy!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hey everybody! I've heard a lot of negativity regarding WCW lately. Some people saying it was stupid or bad. Some ignorant (or maybe just hateful) people saying they had some of the worst PPV of all time.

Well we need some positivity and Tuesday Nitro is all about positivity. Tonight we have the ONE NIGHT ONLY return of Tuesday Nitro with THE BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME!

8 PM!

http://psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've always thought Sting was a much bigger influence on John Cena than anybody ever talks about, and this certainly backs that up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1257404044517261318

So many with Sting for some reason

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, Sting and Rude were rivals for years so it makes sense

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1258702489043570689?s=20

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

More like Heil Anderson.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh nooooo

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Triple H sees that tweet, remembers the logo existed and immediately commissions a new line of Four Horsemen merchandise.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Doc M posted:

Triple H sees that tweet, remembers the logo existed and immediately commissions a new line of Four Horsemen merchandise.

Also, Horsewomen with a loot box for both.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I see the flag of the Isle of Man combined with the red hand of ulster

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

didn't know Frank Reynolds ever worked for WCW

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am shocked the company that dubbed a man The Final Solution would do that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was the 90s when america pretended it fixed genocide. For a decade.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When I was a dumbass in grade school I truly believed that MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech literally ended racism once and for all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Better Than You posted:

When I was a dumbass in grade school I truly believed that MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech literally ended racism once and for all

well that's what they told us. Fuckin liars.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This channel is a repository of Scott Steiner videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_9G_SuSyZc

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 9, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

I see the flag of the Isle of Man combined with the red hand of ulster
so we’re still in agreement re: nazi symbology then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I am shocked the company that dubbed a man The Final Solution would do that.

Didn't they also have a Blitzkrieg?