Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

Llany is at what appears to be the front of the group, to outsiders who aren't aware of their super-sneaky bug pal! after all, he is remarkably durable and wouldn't care too much if he set of a fireball trap that Tak somehow missed

(2!)

bad roll buddies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

biosterous posted:

bad roll buddies!

:whatup:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

You get a sinking feeling in your gut as the oppressive nature of this place, the souls that have been tortured here by Veldemere the Alchemist to fuel his infernal alchemies- it begins to gnaw at the edges of your sanity. Suddenly, you hear a clear, beautiful voice cry out against the oppressive Darkness, as Buddy cries out: "I wish I could sing better so my friends ain't so scared no more!"

You are Bolstered by Buddy's song, his voice and music flow around at first, and then infuses into you- you movements are faster. Your senses are heightened. You feel surrounded by a prtoection you've never felt before.

Stoner Sloth posted:

(20 followed by 17 - lol in the other rpg im playing just crit failed at something so swings and roundabouts with the old dice)

Add an Adventuring check. Also, I hope you don't mind- I used your 20 to trigger Buddy's ability, for the benefit of the party. I figured since I've interpreted your general alignment to be Neutral with Good tendencies, you'd be alright with that.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna ring my bell, joyfully, for a moment.

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Add an Adventuring check. Also, I hope you don't mind- I used your 20 to trigger Buddy's ability, for the benefit of the party. I figured since I've interpreted your general alignment to be Neutral with Good tendencies, you'd be alright with that.

(As a player i am more than happy with this! character wise Tak... i dunno, alien morality basically - chaotic neutral was sort of a default really cause not sure about good, he's ruthless, but definitely loyal and instinctively teamwork oriented so working well with his new companions is definitely in character and approve of this)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 7, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

(As a player i am more than happy with this! character wise Tak... i dunno, alien morality basically - chaotic neutral was sort of a default really cause not sure about good, he's ruthless, but definitely loyal and instinctively teamwork oriented so working well with his new companions is definitely in character and approve of this)

Chaotic Neutral with Good tendencies with regards to the Party was specifically where I saw Tak.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

gonna ring my bell, joyfully, for a moment.

Roll a 20!

Heather Papps

hello friend

11!

Stoner Sloth

Chaotic Neutral with Good tendencies with regards to the Party was specifically where I saw Tak.

(That works for me, and probably even in general really cause he's definitely more likely to be against evil dudes if only cause you look more like a bad rear end assassin {that is a lot of typing 'rear end' in a row} than shooting a crime boss than taking on folks running orphanages)

>Even if the full sound doesn't carry well, the bass from Buddy's music thrums through the stone floors for Tak to 'hear' or at least pick the vibrations of, if nothing else it provides the knowledge of his team mates whereabouts and is sort of comforting instinctively - mentally calling back to the days in which the hooded killer had a pack of clutch mates with whom to hunt.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 7, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo

Everyone present, roll a 20!

my char, revenants of omnidimensional perspective lingering in mind, is slightly confused and noided by the various body forms present. he may or may not react with a vacant stare if approached. remembers only dimly he is on some kind of adventure aka destined to be at some point at a mythical to him now "point b".

biosterous

Llany is munching on a biscuit and offers half to his sometimes-ghostly pal

take the moon

by sebmojo
my dude accepts the biscuit. he is jolted from fugue for a second nearly driven insane from FLAVOUR. he struggles to keep it together

a sage should keep it together...

he may or may not manage a weak smile after ascertaining he's not dead or in a metamatrix of some kind

inner monologue: I just need to swallow biscuit and smile. I can do this...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Things are Chaotic Evil here on the homefront, my wife's brother and a dear friend of mine is at home on hospice care in his last days dying of brain cancer, I'm not even remotely abandoning this CYOA, I just want my head to be clear when I move it forward- he's in North Carolina, we're in Delaware, and there's a pandemic, sooo...

I will most likely get back into the saddle tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Thanks for understanding.

Stoner Sloth

Things are Chaotic Evil here on the homefront, my wife's brother and a dear friend of mine is at home on hospice care in his last days dying of brain cancer, I'm not even remotely abandoning this CYOA, I just want my head to be clear when I move it forward- he's in North Carolina, we're in Delaware, and there's a pandemic, sooo...

I will most likely get back into the saddle tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Thanks for understanding.

Ah geez. Really sorry to hear that friend, you take all the time you need - you are a good egg and am really enjoying this game but we'll still be around when you're ready. Thank you for letting us know you need a short break and am sending you all positive and chill vibes in this difficult time. Please stay safe and look after yourself and those close to you, much love to you all.:sympathy:

take the moon

by sebmojo

much love dude. thoughts n prayers are yours.

biosterous

aw geez, that sucks a bunch. take care of yourself and take all the time you need

nut

sorry to hear it psp, stay strong and we're sending our best

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Goons Are Gifts

As a proud lurker who can't wait for his bearded chance to shine in this game:

nut posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
So yeah, :rip: Bro, I don’t loving get it- you’re younger than me and had so much to live for; but I hope where ever you are it’s a better place than here.

I have never taster more bitter tears...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 9, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

So yeah, :rip: Bro, I don’t loving get it- you’re younger than me and had so much to live for; but I hope where ever you are it’s a better place than here.

I have never taster more bitter tears...

bitterness shared is pain halved

Stoner Sloth

:sympathy: I am so sorry PSP, that is heartbreaking and my thoughts go out to your whole family

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 18, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo
I'm sorry dude.

nut

sorry to hear it psp, hope you can have a relaxing weekend

biosterous

that really really sucks, psp :(

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
A loud crash is heard as the door to the South is suddenly blasted outward. Everyone instinctively braces for battle and reaches for weapons, but something strange occurrs. The source of the explosion is a large metallic table that crashed through the door. It stops in the middle of the hallway, turns to face the Party, and Dorg cries out, "Holy poo poo! TABLE! NO loving WAY!"

With a metallic clatter, the table- a rather plain construction built for a wide range of purposes- ran down the hallway as Dorg raced out in front of the party.

You've never seen a table move.

You've never seen a table act happy.

This table was acting like a puppy dog, dancing around Dorg (who had wisely distanced himself from the Party, knowing very well how happy Table would be to see him) so there was no way you could have ever seen that, either.

Dorg politely introduces everyone to Table, and Table in turn greets everyone by apparently "sniffing" you each in turn.

Dorg then goes on to tell the Party that Simon, an Artificer of legendary renown, created a table with a large veritable warehouse of storage space.

It was also sentient.

It would sometimes show up at a time when it was needed the most. Why did Table suddenly choose to appear at this time, and in this place? No one will ever know*

*Because Ron, who plays Simon and therefore created Table, told me that the next time someone rolled a 20 to have Table appear.

Tak rolled a 20, and her we are :)

Thank you all for your kind words of support. Friday night I was on a video call with my wife, her brother and his wife, and my wife's mother when we got word of his passing from my nephew-in-law, his son- so while there is never a good time for a passing, this was certainly in the running.

Dave was buried today in a sanctuary where they do green burials, his handmade-with-love by friends nearby pine coffin will be planted, along with a tree, to become a part of the forest.

The coffin was covered with photos and emails and letters of everyone who couldn't be there for the vigil and funeral, although there was a virtual vigil.

Dave is going to become a young tree in the forest.

I told his brother and my wife on Saturday that, as lifelong Monty Python fans, it was very fitting and appropriate to have him become...

a SHRUBBERY!

Stoner Sloth

>Tak has no eyebrows to raise in surprise and as usual the implacable assassin doesn't seem to react much. One chitinous, clawed hand does reach down to gently pat Table when it comes to 'sniff'.

Rest in peace Dave - you chose a beautiful way to remember him.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 12, 2020

Heather Papps

hello friend

imma give the table a nice pat on the head and introduce bat

take the moon

by sebmojo
my dudes eyes strain as with all his sagely powers of empathy valiantly attempts to comprehend the existential angst of being a sentient table. perhaps new insights and understandings will flood him in a rush of perception. or maybe hell freak the heck out and be the least chill reaction to this living table

(im fairly hi lol)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

biosterous

Llany stares at Table for a full two minutes, unmoving, unblinking, before slowly pulling out a notepad and furiously jotting down notes

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Everyone please roll a 20

biosterous

16!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 15, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo
17 lol

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The door to the south is now open.

Stoner Sloth

>Tak will take point once again, sweeping into the room with weapons at the ready, silent, invisible, hidden and camouflaged.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak will take point once again, sweeping into the room with weapons at the ready, silent, invisible, hidden and camouflaged.

gesturing to the table to stay behind h snapps follows tak

nut

Buddy watches the table in frustration. Internally, he struggles in a battle between deeply entrained rodeo instincts to break in the table and basic decorum. he shakes visibly before the opening in the south distracts him from his conflict.

>7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Tak disappears and flows into the room to the south. The room is mostly barren, with a few traces and scraps that the room was once used for something. There are several very large bolts in the floor, perhaps to hold down some kind of massive tank? The south wall of the room has a door.