Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pastels Pyromancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Copy Paste Conjurer (Arudak could work digitally).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sketch Sorcerer

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Pen Prophet imo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aquarelle Acolyte

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

TheHan posted:

So the Ink Witch didn’t actually lie about anything. Arudak gave all the same answers except explained how they make her look like an rear end in a top hat.

What the gently caress is her skirt doing? Is that supposed to be an upskirt :gonk:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pyrotoad posted:

What the gently caress is her skirt doing? Is that supposed to be an upskirt :gonk:

They're handpuppets.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyrotoad posted:

It is also surprised and rearing back

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ague Proof posted:

Blackwater Mage.

Nah, they’re Xe Academi Libra Constellis Mages now.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Chalk caster

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Sharpie Shaman.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Arudak the Wite-Out Wizard.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Toner Thaumaturge

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Magic Marker Magician.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TheHan posted:

Copy Paste Conjurer (Arudak could work digitally).

Well he did use his finger.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sketchbook Sorcerer

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Fountain pen scribe

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Photoshop Pictomancers

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
The Illustrator Illusionist.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Rollerball Runecaster.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
mookie should hire all of us to write his dialogueless comic

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But then there might be conflict and tension!

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

(Dong n' Dick Deegan)

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

maltesh posted:

it's a fakeout. She's going to use the ink to yell at Arudak in a way that's Legally Distinct From Dialogue.

Get the man his prize.

Lol that Mookie thinks this makes the Ink Witch not look like ten times the rear end in a top hat. Is Arudak burning books as he reads them like some kinda Brainiac? How does him not sharing his own research justify stealing his work from him.

You don’t DESERVE to know Dominic Deegan’s legacy *huffs a massive fart*

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I remember the movie Braniac!

The devil makes someone a space alien who rides a comet and who something something something. He drinks people's brains and keeps the brains in a box as revenge for being murdered by the inquisition in the 1500s. His downfalls are falling in love and being set on fire.

Brainiac would fit right into the Deegan-verse.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know, I think we all knew something like this was coming. Doesn't make the Ink Witch using magic to spell out her argument to Arudak any less stupid as hell in this comic with no dialogue.

Look Mookie, both of these characters have been established that they can hear/speak just fine. Unless she's trying to convince Snout with her argument, (and it sure as poo poo doesn't look like she is, since she just walked away from him last comic), she has no reason to yell using magic, when she's perfectly capable of yelling using her voice.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This comic has no dialogue

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ahh, Dominic's Legacy was that cat suit he got sexually assaulted in. That makes a lot more sense.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I don't understand how this is any more valid of a point than "Ink Witches take what they think other people don't deserve". And the only one here who's proven to be manipulative and dishonest is the Ink Witch, so I automatically believe Arudak more than her.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol I think Mookie seriously thinks this was some kind of dramatic reveal. We've learned nothing about what the "legacy" is, how one "uses" it, why she knows he would keep if for himself, why she "deserves" it more than him, what Snout has to do with any of this, etc. etc.. It's her, who was kept things from and lied to Snout already, just continuing to make statements with no backup.

I'm still on the orc's side. He should take the "legacy" for himself and gently caress off.

Edit: Lol, I wonder if this page is a response to someone on his twitter sympathizing with the orc:

https://twitter.com/zackknytblade/status/1257369394218491905

"Wait, no, he's not good! The good guys are good! Better drive that home..."

Also what is "Damaske'd"

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 6, 2020

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol I think Mookie seriously thinks this was some kind of dramatic reveal. We've learned nothing about what the "legacy" is, how one "uses" it,

It's the number one seller on bad dragon this month. It comes with a suction cup.

quote:

why she knows he would keep if for himself, why she "deserves" it more than him, what Snout has to do with any of this, etc. etc.. It's her, who was kept things from and lied to Snout already, just continuing to make statements with no backup.

I'm still on the orc's side. He should take the "legacy" for himself and gently caress off.

Edit: Lol, I wonder if this page is a response to someone on his twitter sympathizing with the orc:

https://twitter.com/zackknytblade/status/1257369394218491905

Also what is "Damaske'd"

I have no idea. Google fails me, so statistically I'm going to say it's some kind of weeb poo poo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Damaske was Siegfried.

I guess because we were prejudiced against the orc.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Ague Proof posted:

Damaske was Siegfried.

I guess because we were prejudiced against the orc.

I am shamed for being bested in Deegan lore. Well done.

Was that his demon name in hell? Or was it just one of his middle names? I know he had like 6 or 8 names. I thought his last name was Eberhardt.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well I'll be, comic #9:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Good job. I know he's just tracing panels from "slayers" in the early days, but it is embarrassing how much worse the art has gotten in the last 20 years.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

this would be a weird move, given how much mookie used to talk up the idea of sympathetic villains

I agreed at some point but have come to learn evil-for-evil's-sake Captain Planet style villains that just looove being monsters are more true to life

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Lunatic Sledge posted:

this would be a weird move, given how much mookie used to talk up the idea of sympathetic villains

I agreed at some point but have come to learn evil-for-evil's-sake Captain Planet style villains that just looove being monsters are more true to life

Mookie is a chimp who says inoffensive things people agree with. He says not to deprive women of agency when writing fiction in his panel too, and look how well he practices that.

I think most of us go through that cycle when we realize all the "sympathetic villains" are just normal villains but then when the writer learns women are jilling off to them writes in that they had abusive parents in their backstory so all the bad stuff they did was actually okay. Disney style moustache twirlers implicitly tell the audience that they're safe from that kind of crap, so their popularity is eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

could the witch really not have the protagonists best interests at heart, despite her putting her boobs on him?